Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the MVP of the 2007 Red Sox?

Re: Who is the MVP of the 2007 Red Sox?

What? No votes for JD Drew?

My vote would go to Lowell.

CO MVP .. PAPI and LOWELL

Banned

Gagne.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Super Moderator

Mike Lowell.

Co-MVP, Lowell and Beckett. Ortiz has done well (even with lower HR totals than we've come to expect), but Lowell has been so important this season and Beckett has solidified the rotation. I think this is a special team (minus Drew), there are many that deserve a team MVP.

I am going to have to say that I personally believe that the fielding MVP is going to go to Dustin Pedroia at 2nd base. He has made some great plays that have kept the sox alive in a bunch of games, and kept them in the lead. Oh yeah, and not to mention he helped save Buchholz no-hitter with a diving stop B)

For the offensive side, can we ever not give it to Papi? Probably the most clutch batter around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Darling;289029;
    For the offensive side, can we ever not give it to Papi? Probably the most clutch batter around.
    ugh
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith1229;289037;
    ugh
    :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Darling;289029;
    I am going to have to say that I personally believe that the fielding MVP is going to go to Dustin Pedroia at 2nd base.
    I love Pedroia too... but like CD said, ugh.

Coco Crisp is having a historical defensive season.

I have to go with Mike Lowell. I would not argue, though, with those who vote for Beckett, Pedroia, or Papalbon. I love Papi, but this has not been his greatest season and with these other guys shining so bright... I don't think Okajima is quite MVP caliber, but that is just my opinion.
    "All literary men are Red Sox fans - to be a Yankee fan in a literate society is to endanger your life."

- John Cheever

Banned

My MVP is Beckett. The ace of our staff, and has basically been a rock all year long.

Clay Buchholz re-energized this team and made them forget about what could have been an ugly lingering wound that the yankees gave us in new york. He put some skip back in our step and in my opinion saved our season.
    I am the biggest spaz of all time

Major Leaguer

Lowell - having a career offensive year and picking up the slack when Ortiz and Manny were tanking earlier this season, not to mention covering for Nancy Drew not getting the job done in that lineup. A close second, Wakefield. Another solid season and at his age that is an MVP deserving performance.

Quote Originally Posted by SchillingIsTheNatural;288091;
    Josh Beckett
    Josh Beckett
    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007 World Champions

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. I might have gotten a little trigger happy calling Lowell the MVP of this season. He's been brilliant but I think I've just been sleeping on Ortiz and his season thus far. Maybe because the massive amount of home runs haven't been there. Or maybe the fact that I can't stop hating JD Drew has given me tunnel vision. But dude has been too damn good this season.

.321/.434/.599/1.033
    gold bottles

lowells done it all year and performed way above expectations
    pedroia is a great surprise but not the mvp
    paps deserves some consideration out of the pen
    but beckett really dazzled and more important became a pitcher rather than a thrower this year
    his consistancy gets him the mvp because if he was a 5.00 era guy we would be sucking hind tit again