Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BoSox34's rant for eligibility in NFL picks contest

Re: NFL Weekly Picks Contest - Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289572;
    NFL Point Spreads For Week 2 - 9/16 - 9/17, 2007

Spread Category :

Date & Time.... Favorite .......................Spread ....................Underdog

9/16 1:00 ET At Pittsburgh.......................... -9.......................... Buffalo
    9/16 1:00 ET Cincinnati............................. -5.5........................ At Cleveland
    9/16 1:00 ET Indianapolis ...........................-7.......................... At Tennessee
    9/16 1:00 ET At Carolina........................... -6.5......................... Houston
    9/16 1:00 ET At St. Louis............................ -3.......................... San Francisco
    9/16 1:00 ET At NY Giants.......................... -1........................... Green Bay
    9/16 1:00 ET At Jacksonville..................... -10.5........................ Atlanta
    9/16 1:00 ET New Orleans........................ -3.5..........................At Tampa Bay
    9/16 4:05 ET At Detroit............................. -3.............................Minnesota
    9/16 4:05 ET Dallas.................................. -3.5......................... At Miami
    9/16 4:05 ET Seattle................................ -2.5......................... At Arizona
    9/16 4:15 ET At Baltimore......................... -7.5......................... NY Jets
    9/16 4:15 ET At Denver............................ -9.5......................... Oakland
    9/16 4:15 ET At Chicago......................... -12.5......................... Kansas City
    9/16 8:15 ET At New England................... -3.5.......................... San Diego

Monday Night Football Point Spread

9/17 8:30 ET At Philadelphia....................... -7.......................... Washington

Straight Category :

Date & Time.... Favorite .................................................. .....Underdog

9/16 1:00 ET At Pittsburgh........................................ ................ Buffalo
    9/16 1:00 ET Cincinnati........................................ .................... At Cleveland
    9/16 1:00 ET Indianapolis .................................................. ...... At Tennessee
    9/16 1:00 ET At Carolina.......................................... ................ Houston
    9/16 1:00 ET At St. Louis............................................. ............ San Francisco
    9/16 1:00 ET At NY Giants............................................ ............ Green Bay
    9/16 1:00 ET At Jacksonville...................................... ............... Atlanta
    9/16 1:00 ET New Orleans........................................... .............At Tampa Bay
    9/16 4:05 ET At Detroit........................................... ..................Minnesota
    9/16 4:05 ET Dallas............................................ ..................... At Miami
    9/16 4:05 ET Seattle........................................... .................... At Arizona
    9/16 4:15 ET At Baltimore......................................... ............... NY Jets
    9/16 4:15 ET At Denver............................................ ............... Oakland
    9/16 4:15 ET At Chicago........................................... ............... Kansas City
    9/16 8:15 ET At New England........................................... ........ San Diego

Monday Night Football Point Spread

9/17 8:30 ET At Philadelphia...................................... ............... Washington

Monday Night Football Total Points Scored ................................. ___41_____

Sorry, but you are still banned from receiving cash prizes.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape;289576;
    I am?

Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289585;
    I am?
    You are.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape;289589;

You are.
    Oh aright. Is there a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289590;
    Oh aright. Is there a reason?
    Yes, your attempt to sabotage the Fantasy Baseball League last year.

All-Star

Oh. I've been in a few talksox fantasy leagues since then including this year's baseball league where I just recently sent you packing in the playoffs (Sorry) and also I was last year's Talksox Fantasy Football League 2 Champion so I thought this was an old issue..I mean I was a freshman in high school at that time. I also wouldn't go as far to say I tried to "sabotage" the league..I dropped 3 players including Bartolo Colon.

I don't remember ever being inelegible for cash prizes (including last season's NFL Pick Em) since that happened 2 years ago so I don't understand why I'm all of a sudden banned from cash prizes.

I hope you reconsider because this doesn't seem to make complete sense but it's your money so if you want to stand by that, it's cool..I'll just play for bragging rights i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289612;
    Oh. I've been in a few talksox fantasy leagues since then including this year's baseball league where I just recently sent you packing in the playoffs (Sorry) and also I was last year's Talksox Fantasy Football League 2 Champion so I thought this was an old issue..I mean I was a freshman in high school at that time. I also wouldn't go as far to say I tried to "sabotage" the league..I dropped 3 players including Bartolo Colon.

I don't remember ever being inelegible for cash prizes (including last season's NFL Pick Em) since that happened 2 years ago so I don't understand why I'm all of a sudden banned from cash prizes.

I hope you reconsider because this doesn't seem to make complete sense but it's your money so if you want to stand by that, it's cool..I'll just play for bragging rights i guess.

Does this ring a bell ?

I thought it would be better to hear everyone's voice in this, considering it's a whole league issue. I was PM'd by BoSox34, the content of which included an apology for being dumb, and a promise to stay active and participate well. The PM:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BoSox34
    Hey,

I would like to apologize for being immature and being stupid by dropping the four players that I dropped before I was locked. It was dumb by me but I made the move out of frustration. I was wondering if you could please unlock my team as I will promise to play fair and consistently check my team and the league. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you and good luck for the rest of the season.

BoSox34

Considering the fact that he did once try to screw up the league, I'm leaning towards keeping him locked. There is now a cash prize for a lot of money to go along with the custom user title, and after what he did I just don't think he deserves a spot back in the league. What are all of your thoughts?

All-Star

It sounds familiar but that incident was two years ago and I have won one talksox fantasy league since then and closing in on a second championship. I also haven't had any incidents like that since so I don't wee why I should be singled out for no cash prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289703;
    It sounds familiar but that incident was two years ago and I have won one talksox fantasy league since then and closing in on a second championship. I also haven't had any incidents like that since so I don't wee why I should be singled out for no cash prizes.
    That was from last year Talksox Fantasy League # 2 06'. After that you were allowed to play for fun. Meaning you weren't eligible for cash prizes. You're allowed to play for fun, which you are. But I didn't post your MNF points pick, because it would not be fair to the others if you took a number away from them ( since you can't win a cash prize ).

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape;289711;
    That was from last year Talksox Fantasy League # 2 06'. After that you were allowed to play for fun. Meaning you weren't eligible for cash prizes. You're allowed to play for fun, which you are. But I didn't post your MNF points pick, because it would not be fair to the others if you took a number away from them ( since you can't win a cash prize ).
    Either way, I've been involved in contests and fantasy leagues since then and I have done nothing wrong since. Also, I was involved in this same weekly picks contest last season..but this season I can't play for money? Hmm...I was immature when I dropped those players, that's how I decided to deal with it..I admit it was stupid. However, I think I deserve to be in the same playing field as the other contestants.

I mean even SoxFan#1 (who I don't always see eye to eye with on issues) questioned why I am not allowed to play for prizes..

I won't argue this point for point because it is your generously donated money and I have no say in the matter because of that but I think you should have a change of heart and look at how I've participated in these types of contests and leagues for the past year and a half and maybe change your mind. I guarantee I will act responsibly in this picks contest and for that reason, I think I deserve to play for the same prizes as everyone else.

Thank you.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289713;
    I mean even SoxFan#1 (who I don't always see eye to eye with on issues) questioned why I am not allowed to play for prizes..
    That's because he wasn't in the league and didn't know.

All-Star

You all act like it was a terrorist attack. I dropped 3-4 players in a fantasy baseball league a year and a half ago and it probably took less than 90 seconds to fix the changes.

Give me a chance. I've had great conduct in the leagues and contests since. Why was I allowed to participate in this contest last season but not this year, when the incident was before that?

Give me a break.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289819;
    You all act like it was a terrorist attack. I dropped 3-4 players in a fantasy baseball league a year and a half ago and it probably took less than 90 seconds to fix the changes.

Give me a chance. I've had great conduct in the leagues and contests since. Why was I allowed to participate in this contest last season but not this year, when the incident was before that?

Give me a break.
    I'm not saying you should or shouldn't be allowed to play. That's not my decision, and it's not appropriate for me to get into it.

I'm just saying that when you drop players like that in a league where the winner gets a cash prize (and you can definitely affect the outcome when you do that), there's going to be a long-lasting effect. I'm NOT passing judgment here. I'm just explaining what I'm sure SFOC is feeling.

I don't play enough fantasty baseball to understand as well, but what is the problem with dropping players?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289819;

Give me a break.
    Sigh... Not only do you have a poor memory, you just don't get the point. First the facts :

__ Due to your poor behavior on Talksox, you were banned by Yeszir.

__ To get revenge, you dumped the four best players you could. This caused created an uneven playing environment for the nine remaining players that had and would invest considerable time in the league. This was clearly an act of an immature and inconsiderate individual. For doing this your team was frozen, and rightfully so.

__ You then pleaded with Yeszir to be reinstated using the : " I'm sorry, I'll never do it again, etc ". Yeszir, being the nice guy that he is, reinstated you.

__ You then pestered SOTK's, other league members, and myself to be reactivated. After a vote you were allowed to continue playing but you were declared ineligible for prizes. This came from input from the league members, but the final ruling was mine and still is.

__ After baseball, came the NFL Weekly Picks Contests. You state that you were a frequent player and were not a problem. Well, first you were allowed to play for fun, which you did for 5 out of 17 weeks. You were never eligible for prizes. Maybe you misunderstood and it wasn't reinforced because you never came close to winning. How much of a problem could you be. You had no chance at prizes.

__ Your statements about other leagues and your conduct are irrelevant, with exception of the 07' League #2. Yes, its true that you didn't cause a problem. But guess what, you don't get rewarded for not causing a problem ( since this is expected behavior ). You do, however, suffer repercussions from poor or substandard behavior. You can win the tittle but you are ineligible for the prize in this league also.

__ Your continued whining, PM's, and false statements will not further your cause. It just reinforces my belief that you're still immature and haven't learned your lesson. This entire conversation has nothing to do with this thread. You're trying to use your posts to semi-debate and add public opinion in your favor. You shouldn't try and respond to this post since it would then become something that belongs in "fights and crap". Which would only reinforce the fact that once again you're willing to cause inconvenience to others for your own personal gain.

When I feel that you've learned your lesson, I'll consider making you eligible for future prizes. To be fair, I suppose I'll have to tell you the lesson ( since you don't seem to get it ). When you break the rules you suffer the consequences.