Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: An Open Challenge to Gom: Survivor Style

Super Moderator

Re: An Open Challenge to Gom: Survivor Style

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;292115;
    I would absolutely stop making fun of Thumper if he posted a picture of him and Sandy Alomar with Alomar holding a sign that says "This gentleman next to me is a teammate of mine with the New Orleans _____" (forget what they're called).
    That's actually an awesome idea. Just so we can authenticate it. I think it would make everyone shut up and apologize for busting his balls if Alomar held up a sign that said "This guy next to me is Thumper. He is going to be playing for the New Orleans Zephyrs in the PCL for the 2008 season."

Now, Thumper, I don't know how you would explain him calling you Thumper lol, but hey, it would prove your case. :dunno:

Like I said, I gotta wait till he's put back on assignment, IF he comes back down. New York may keep him through the off season. The rest of the team is already half gone since the seasons pretty much done with and right now I don't have access to the clubhouse.

Not sure if he can hold up a sign endorsing me, the staff might not like that one, ha ha!

But again, I already explained, some other thead in this section, that I lost the chance to be on the roster next season. I got moved down to Rookie due to an injury in my foot and will not be on the team in 08. HOWEVER, I can STILL get a pic of me an Alomar Jr. to prove it was gonna happen, whatever.

And See Red, I'll get you that autograph.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Legend

If they were planning on bumping you up to Triple A, why wouldn't they just bump you up to the Big Leagues? The Mets look like they could use some inspiration and you do have a certain Josh Beckett bloop single story...

I kid, I kid. I'd stop the ribbing if I had some proof as well. I used to love Sandy Alomar Jr. when he was with the Indians.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;292148;
    If they were planning on bumping you up to Triple A, why wouldn't they just bump you up to the Big Leagues? The Mets look like they could use some inspiration and you do have a certain Josh Beckett bloop single story...

I kid, I kid. I'd stop the ribbing if I had some proof as well. I used to love Sandy Alomar Jr. when he was with the Indians.
    I have a Sandy Alomar Jr card. I'll get it autographed for you.

Lol he probably forges it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;292261;
    Lol he probably forges it.
    You may not have faith in ol' Thumpy boy but I do.

Thump-dogg is going to get me that autograph and he'll be a New York Met, soon... I know it.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;292269;
    You may not have faith in ol' Thumpy boy but I do.

Thump-dogg is going to get me that autograph and he'll be a New York Met, soon... I know it.
    Oh screw that. I'm moving first chance I get to Texas and try and get on with Round Rock, I'd rather play for the Astros.

EDIT: See Red, I'm gonna find an address to mail the card to Alomar and ask him to autograph it. They use to do that, don't know if they still allow it or not but I'll give it a try. If I can't I'll have to wait until he comes back down... Or if I decide to take a trip to New York Ha ha.

Banned

Thumper, I wish you all the luck. Hope you make it to the big show. Don't bother with all the haters here.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper;292308;
    Oh screw that. I'm moving first chance I get to Texas and try and get on with Round Rock, I'd rather play for the Astros.

EDIT: See Red, I'm gonna find an address to mail the card to Alomar and ask him to autograph it. They use to do that, don't know if they still allow it or not but I'll give it a try. If I can't I'll have to wait until he comes back down... Or if I decide to take a trip to New York Ha ha.
    It's cool, don't go out of your way on my account. Wait for him to come down, if you can't get it it's cool, I still believe ya! Gotta admit, didn't believe you, but I do now!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;292384;
    It's cool, don't go out of your way on my account. Wait for him to come down, if you can't get it it's cool, I still believe ya! Gotta admit, didn't believe you, but I do now!
    Yeah. For some reason I believed him when he first said it. I don't know why, but my gut was telling me to believe him.

I figure that if he was playing a joke, he wouldn't have lasted this long and wouldn't have kept up with his story. But he's been consistent the whole time and seems confident about it.

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;292384;
    It's okay, I don't miind getting it.

Banned

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but if Schillingoutheks believes it, then damn it, so do I!
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;292413;
    I don't know what you guys are talking about, but if Schillingoutheks believes it, then damn it, so do I!
    Here's the key points:
    • Thumper's going to play in the PCL
    • I'm getting Sandy Alomar Jr.'s autograph

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;292419;
    Here's the key points:
    • Thumper's going to play in the PCL
    • I'm getting Sandy Alomar Jr.'s autograph

You got that half right. Read up, I was injured earlier this year in my foot, SOTK knows the story. I'm down to Rookie Level Alexandria. Now everyone knows the story. But the autograph part is correct.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;291848;
    Haha, I want to use another one instead.

But the filesize is too big.
    I still want to use this.