Register now to remove this ad

Thread: April 7th @ Baltimore

The game is at 7 pm on NESN (UPN I believe, or the other alternate channel since Bruins playoffs are on).

It will be Lower pitching against Ainsworth, who, amid the no-name orioles pitching staff, is alright with a 3.75 career ERA. I still think the sox have it in the bag though. Just kidding, nothing is given.

Major Leaguer
    what a night...the sox are on, bruins playoffs, and celtics are on too

Go sox!

Lowe was strong all spring, lets hope he has a lights out performance tonight!

A note for rcn digital cable users, what channel is the game on for you? I cant find it anywhere, and the channels that they say onling (8, 3) show up as blank. Any ideas?

i hate nesn sooo much...WHERES THE GAME?!

WOW awesome to see that Sox kick ass two nights in a row. Also, thank you for breaking your 0 for 9 slump, Jesus.

Damon just impressed me a great deal with that great homerun robbing catch he made. And also, what the hell is up with Bobby Jones? First pitch for a homerun is not the best way to introduce yourself to RSN, now is it?

Lowe pitches well until late in his outing, where he was obviously struggling for control. Although the game is still going on, I saw a lot of high points there. Thinks (finally, its been what, 3 games&#33 are starting to mesh it seems like.

All-Star
    Johnny's 5-5 through 8 innings. Welcome back sir.

Also, Ortiz got his 1st homerun of the season..first of many to come.

Really nice win. Good to see Damon finally come around.

Just a game recap:
    BALTIMORE (AP) -- Johnny Damon went 5-for-5 with two RBIs, and the Boston Red Sox used a seven-run second inning to cruise past the Baltimore Orioles 10-3 Wednesday night.

David Ortiz homered and Kevin Millar had three hits for the Red Sox, who have won two straight after losing to Baltimore on opening night.

The second-inning outburst featured six hits, three walks and three defensive lapses by the Orioles. The seven runs, all of which scored with two outs, were more than Boston tallied in its first two games combined.

Derek Lowe (1-0) allowed two runs and seven hits in six innings. He struck out three and walked two.

Damon, who entered 0-for-9 on the season, matched his career high for hits and raised his batting average to .357. He also scored two runs, stole a base and made an excellent catch to rob David Segui of a homer.

Millar led off the Boston second with a double off Kurt Ainsworth (0-1), making his first start with the Orioles. Jason Varitek then walked and Gabe Kapler hit into a double play.

ADVERTISEMENT

After Mark Bellhorn drew a walk to put runners on first and second, Pokey Reese hit a grounder to shortstop Miguel Tejada, who looked at third before throwing to first base -- too late to get Reese.

Damon then hit a single to left, and Varitek easily scored before Bellhorn slid under catcher Javy Lopez, who failed to control the throw from left fielder Larry Bigbie. Bill Mueller followed with a two-run single and Ortiz walked before Manny Ramirez hit a fly to center that Luis Matos misjudged, resulting in a two-run double.

Millar hit an RBI single before Rick Bauer struck out Varitek to end the inning.

Rafael Palmeiro singled in a run for Baltimore in the third, but Ortiz made it 10-1 in the sixth with his first homer, a three-run shot to right.

Jay Gibbons hit an RBI single in the bottom half, and Bigbie homered in theseventh.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=240407101

Major Leaguer
    good night for damon, coming out an 0 for 9 streak going 5-5...and had that amazing catch robbing the homerun...

Ortiz hitting the ball hard, hes gonna have another monster year..

Lowe was amazing last night picking up where he left off in the spring, a very good outing for him...

Lets see how Wakefield does tonight....hope the knuckler will be good tonight

Baltimore is much improved, but taking 3 of 4 in their yard is a great way to start the season. With Timmy the Wonder Pony in the #4 slot, what's not to like? The elder statesman is a class act all the way. Kudos to the other GMs in the AL East. Tampa Bay is very competative. Toronto will win its share of games. But even Los Jankees can't match Wakefield in the #4 slot. It likely spells the end of their division title run, at least for this year. And the wild card battle isn't theirs for the taking either. If this first run through the rotation is any indication, Boston is even stronger than first imagined. Can a legitimate run at the 4 twenty game winners from the 1970 O's be in the offing? When they put things together like they did last night, it doesn't sound so far fetched. In the meantime, I'm keeping my Sox on and pulling for the Pony.