Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clemens and Bonds

Re: Clemens and Bonds

couldnt happen to a nicer man
    hes in a place that none of us ever want visit and if he has any sort of decency left in him he'll shoot himself in the temple so his kids dont have to live inside this frauds legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;310639;
    couldnt happen to a nicer man
    hes in a place that none of us ever want visit and if he has any sort of decency left in him he'll shoot himself in the temple so his kids dont have to live inside this frauds legacy

ha! ya think so eh crunch?
    you might want to want to invite a certain walrus to take video and possibly 8x10's to pass out to all the rajah ballwashers....

the horror
    the horror
    the horror

ps. have you crossed paths with the artist formally know as guns lately??

inquiring hammers wanna know.
    "It's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock n roll!"

Major Leaguer

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation
    Life is crazy
    I know baby

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;310605;
    Does the google hit count on Bonds limit the results to the first two weeks after the story broke? Maybe it's just me, but I tend to think 4 years vs. 2 weeks will lead to more hits.

Good point, but there's been speculation regarding Clemens and steroids since his contract year rebound with Boston, and certainly since he was cited by name in Juiced. It's been more than two weeks.

This is my rifle....

I understand that his name has come up previously, but it's been quite some time since it was "known", due to the leaked grand jury testimony, that Bonds used. I'm not denying he'll likely catch the lion's share of the bad press, but I think comparing levels of vitriol between the two right now is a bit premature. Let the Clemens side run it's course a bit and it's likely to get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;310709;
    I understand that his name has come up previously, but it's been quite some time since it was "known", due to the leaked grand jury testimony, that Bonds used.
    But Bonds denied knowledge of using steroids in his testimony...the media and much of the nation assumed that he'd lied.

My point is that it was alleged, not known, the same as Clemens was alleged to have used steroids. Clemens wasn't even asked to testify...for BALCO, maybe that makes sense, but he was an obvious target for the Congressional investigation.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;310618;
    for the record
    jesse jacksons and al sharpton dont have jobs
    theyre leacherous thieving cocksuckers who are no better than the stick up guys with guns
    theyre extortionists blackmail masters and shakedown artists.
    if I pulled some of the shit they get away with i wouldve been jailed a long time ago

give me louis farrakhan any day of the week over those 2 scumbags
    at least i know where i stand with calypso louie
    hes the only black leader that i know of who tells his men to stop knocking up their little girls,get off the dope and stop putting your hand out to whitey for your living.

in other words
    ACT LIKE A MAN

he tends to tell it like it is which i respect even if i dont agree with it.
    he maybe a bigot and a hate monger but he calls spades spades and in this world of sissies and fairies and men with tender feelings i find this quite refreshing.

thank you for the kind words das
    how many of those THANK YOU COME AGAIN remarks do you hear behind your back in a day?...theyre just words but words sting and over a course of time would drive you nuts...

if you think racism is dead you need to see fox tv and how they portray the irish and catholics in shows like the simpsons and family guy.....drunk,disheveled,wife beaters etc.....
    prehistoric thinkers.....i take it in with a grain of salt
    i forgive everyone but i forget nothing
    You teeter on the edge of being a caricature. How many miles past the Blackstone have you traveled my dear friend. 5 miles. Eyes of the world. Comfort and sin. Barco lounger fat man pseudo intellectual Cliff Clavin w/ the google at the easy disposal

The defender of the poor. The downtrodden. The unkempt. The cranky. The black man thanks you. The Mother Theresa in our midst. Someone is going to all ballistic and defend you. Ugh. Fuck you SPH. :-) You're FOS. And I love ya for it.
    Life is crazy
    I know baby

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk Bill;310706 View Post
    Good point, but there's been speculation regarding Clemens and steroids since his contract year rebound with Boston, and certainly since he was cited by name in Juiced. It's been more than two weeks.
    Jayhawk, did you read Juiced? Correct me if I'm wrong (which I may be, as I havent picked up the book since buying it and finishing it about 2 weeks after it came out), but Jose didn't say that Roger used, he just said that Roger was informed and knowledgable when it came to steroids. He said he had no knowledge if Roger had used or not, and echoed that sentiment after the report came out when he said that he was surprised that if Roger had been using during their time in Toronto, that he didn't go to him, or at least share/discuss it openly with him.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;310767;
    Jayhawk, did you read Juiced? Correct me if I'm wrong (which I may be, as I havent picked up the book since buying it and finishing it about 2 weeks after it came out), but Jose didn't say that Roger used, he just said that Roger was informed and knowledgable when it came to steroids. He said he had no knowledge if Roger had used or not, and echoed that sentiment after the report came out when he said that he was surprised that if Roger had been using during their time in Toronto, that he didn't go to him, or at least share/discuss it openly with him.

Not quite, IIRC.

Canseco said that he discussed steroids with Clemens, that Clemens was astounded at the difference it made and frustrated that others gained such advantage, and that Canseco understood that Clemens had thereafter used steroids but that he had not personally witnessed the use.

"No knowledge" is not quite my recollection: Canseco merely clarified that, despite his understanding that Clemens had juiced, he hadn't personally seen it.

Pardon that I no longer have the book.

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin;310714;
    You teeter on the edge of being a caricature. How many miles past the Blackstone have you traveled my dear friend. 5 miles. Eyes of the world. Comfort and sin. Barco lounger fat man pseudo intellectual Cliff Clavin w/ the google at the easy disposal

The defender of the poor. The downtrodden. The unkempt. The cranky. The black man thanks you. The Mother Theresa in our midst. Someone is going to all ballistic and defend you. Ugh. Fuck you SPH. :-) You're FOS. And I love ya for it.
    i pride myself in the fact that the head of the ladies for george wallace auxiliary can appreciate how much i give
    i give till it hurts
    sometimes i find myself hurting because i give so much.
    i can no longer feel your pain,i can mereley absorb it
    (saw that on a movie last night)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;310611;
    just call him an uppity nigger thumper
    that would essentially end the discussion and put him in his place.
    I AM KIDDING
    but not really.

racism dead in america eh
    where do you live?
    i look at my morning papers police report out here in metro west
    the entire police report is full of brazilian kids getting stopped for motor vehicle violations
    the cops arent solving crime,theyre not busting dope dealers or solving b@e's
    theyre profiling dark skinned latino kids who are drivng because theyre generally easy targets to pop...
    it isnt good police work,its fucking racism.
    good job
    you got that guy for not having an inspection sticker!

immigration issues are now trumping the black white issues at this time and if you read thru the political niceness it is saying GET THE CHICANOS OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

i get a kick out of the lady in front of me
    mrs dmochosky who moved into my home town 20 years ago
    ""THESE GODDAM FOREIGNERS ARE RUINING THIS COUNTRY""
    really bev?
    are you a native algonquin indian or did you come over on the mayflower??
    as far as im concerned youre the carpetbagging foreigner.
    my town was all italian until you goddam foreigners moved in and now i cant find a decent piece of salami for 20 fucking miles because of you latte sipping carpetbaggers.

MY PEOPLE CAME HERE LEGALLY!!
    bullshit
    your people came in at the bottom of a fucking boat as outcast slime and to think otherwise is rather naive not to mention wrong.

or what about the falcons owners last comments?
    IF MIKE VICK DONT EAT TOO MUCH FRIED CHICKEN WE MAY CONSIDER BRINGING HIM BACK...hmmmmmn no water mellon??

we're not lynching anymore and thats a good thing
    that said i work in a building of 2000 people
    1 black lady works in the mailroom,1 spanish chick works in parts,1 chinese kid works the warehouse....we hired a black dude as a temp,guy did a great job was well liked and on time every day.....as soon as some incompetant white person applied for the full time gig he was tossed out on his ass.
    check out the banking industry and how they profile neighborhoods for lending purposes
    look at the police efforts in solving murder in dorchester compared to say milton or even quincy..2 different worlds we live in,1 for whites and 1 for minorities.
    we've made great strides in these areas but we arent even close to being where we need to be.
    Mr. Crunchy's "I Have a Dreamsicle" speech.

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Evil Emperor

Roger's first public denial of using PEDs.

http://www.youtube.com/wrclemens

Says after Christmas he will go on 60 Minutes. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;311023;
    Roger's first public denial of using PEDs.

http://www.youtube.com/wrclemens

Says after Christmas he will go on 60 Minutes. Should be interesting.
    If you consider repeated denials interesting.

Like Warner Wolfe said in response to Clemens' lawyers threat that to sue anyone that accuses Clemens of having used steroids. Either sue or shut up. If Roger is serious about clearing his name, let him testify before Congress or sue MLB and MCnamee. Otherwise, it is just propagandist blather. Baseless impassioned denials and personal attacks on McNamee mean nothing.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Clemens - "It was lidocaine and B-12".

http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=369322
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Quote Originally Posted by YAZMAN;311656;
    Clemens - "It was lidocaine and B-12".

http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=369322
    "Swear?" CBS's Mike Wallace asked Clemens.

"Swear," Clemens responded.
    Clemens swore! He MUST be telling the truth!
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club