Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Unfortunate Situation...

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Re: An Unfortunate Situation...

I love how this place lights up when spring training starts. Great intro thread VandaleIndustries.

As for Ortiz, I honestly can't tell. He's always been a tubby, slow, power hitter. His stat increase from Minn lines up perfectly for me with his increase in playing time, and with that, consistancy.

But who the hell knows nowadays? I don't care about steroids anymore - they all did it. I don't care who's clean or not anymore. They are what they are, modern era baseball players.

And yes, if I were one of them, hell yeah I'd do it too. Who's fight is it anyway to stay clean? Who does that anymore?

Would you ever take millions less in income and sit on the bench just so you could be THAT GUY who never did PEDs??? You'd be a fool if you did.

And let me remind you where this all started. All these kids taking steroids because the athletes who they idolized were so big, the only way they could be that big is if they took steroids, blah blah blah. Where the hell are the parents in all this? Are they not to blame?

Why do you need to idolize a baseball player instead of, say, your dad?

Re: An Unfortunate Situation...

good point
    heres another

how many of these kids have dads?
    the latin kids are turned over at age 13 if they show they can play to men who have all the scruples of.....say sammy sosa or jose canseco.
    baseball is 12 months a year down south,lots of pressure and lots of tired arms.
    here we start in april and by the end of june little league is over.
    my 10 year played fall ball which opens labor day and ends mid october but for the most part in high school you finish in june unless you play american legion or senior ruth or for a town team.
    in texas florida and cali you have 12 months of camps
    guess what happens at these camps?
    exposure to the bad things happens.