Register now to remove this ad

Page 59 of 307 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox 2012/2013 Offseason Thread

Re: Red Sox 2012/2013 Offseason Thread

They need arms to make the WC, not bats.

Do you understand the amount of money and what those guys can do for 3 years. Money isn't being wasted for 3 years. Thats 41mil ... Add Sanchez and Gaza

Quote Originally Posted by bubbakeg52 View Post
    2yrs ago he had a -12 OPS plus
    ciriaco can play that role worse case.
    Problem with Kalish as a 4 is he will end up getting hurt and Nava or Lin will take his ab.
    Sands is going to be on the bench to doing his job well.
    An 88 OPS+ and a -12 OPS+ are two very different things.

And he was 22. And he started the season in AA. And he was called up in July.

He's a much better OF than you give him credit for. He's been injured and is finally healthy.

Pedroia had a 42 OPS+ when he was 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

ya 88 off of avg.
    They say he is healthy one year after the other. I bet you if the bring in Bay or Sizemore, they would be the same player. Same player=shit.
    I thought he was better than Reddick too but I'm being realistic

Deity

I like how Kalish was "healthy" for most of the season and then when the numbers...all bad were in, he is suddenly still suffering from his poo' bwoken' shoulder after all.

I swear the money is turning baseball into a racket. Between PEDs and the BS we end up having to hear pretty constantly it is getting to be just about all a body can take.

Lets see, we have Kalish and his suddenly still ailing shoulder. Then there was AGons first with the unbearable travel schedule and next ya' know he's the innocent victim of the left field wall he purposefully aimed at all the beginning of 2012 season. Agons will be much safer out there in LA where there will be fewer folks around that actually can tell what a hitter is trying to do from watching him hit... or should I say try to.

Maybe I should cut Kalish some slack and maybe not. Since he has already spilled the beans this year he will have to come up with a new excuse if he craps out this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbakeg52 View Post
    What do you think of trading both Salty and Lavarnway?

CF- Ellsbury
    2b-Pedroia
    C- Napoli 13
    DH-Ortiz
    1b-LaRoche 13
    3b-Middlebrooks
    RF-Swisher 15
    LF-Ross
    SS-Ciriaco

41 mil.
    That looks good for the WC
    Ross is a FA and Ciriaco is not an everyday SS. Lavarnway isn't going anywhere.

Sign Swisher. Sign Napoli. Sign Alex Gonzalez....RF, 1B, SS. Lavarnway and Ross do the catching.

Lavarnway/Ross, Swisher and Napoli are all improvements over their replacements in terms of taking pitches and getting on base. Gonzalez is a low OBP guy, but thats a position that we have pretty much always conceded at.

That still doesnt solve the mess with the rotation though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post

He's a much better OF than you give him credit for. He's been injured and is finally healthy.

Ok, well when Pedroia was 23 he won the AL ROY, and then when he was 24....he won the AL MVP, Gold Glove and Silver Slugger.

Kalish going to be 25 and hasn't proven a thing. He has actually declined. He doesn't deserve the hype.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post

I know you like him, and he seems like a cool guy, but Pedroia was a highly touted prospect coming out of college and throughout the minor leagues. Aside from a month where he didn't hit, Pedroia always raked. Kalish has been struggling for two years. It's hard to compare the two.

I'd like to see what he could do in AAA for a few months.

Hunter told teams he wasn't interested in talking to them unless things didn't work out with the Tigers, reports Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com (on Twitter).
    This is still Ben's fault. The fact he did not even try hypnotism is ridiculous. He got his lunch eaten here...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    This is still Ben's fault. The fact he did not even try hypnotism is ridiculous. He got his lunch eaten here...
    Hahaha

I don't know what to expect from Cherington. His short tenure has been very undistinguished. Red Sox tickets usually go on sale during the first week of December with a Christmas at Fenway kickoff. They sell 4 game pax to get a big jump on the advanced sales. IMO, they are going to want to bring in a marquee type guy before then to create some excitement that will translate into ticket sales. I expect that a major move(s) will be made in the next week to 10 days. If they don't, I think that might portend of a slow off season on Yawkey Way.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Major Leaguer

Maybe he can find a synonym for "bridge" year

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Ross is a FA and Ciriaco is not an everyday SS. Lavarnway isn't going anywhere.

Sign Swisher. Sign Napoli. Sign Alex Gonzalez....RF, 1B, SS. Lavarnway and Ross do the catching.

Lavarnway/Ross, Swisher and Napoli are all improvements over their replacements in terms of taking pitches and getting on base. Gonzalez is a low OBP guy, but thats a position that we have pretty much always conceded at.

That still doesnt solve the mess with the rotation though.
    Swisher is going to ask a 4-5 year deal. i thought we were trying to go away from that.
    i never understood why we let Alex or Orlando Cabrera walk away and we repeated that with Scutaro..

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Maybe he can find a synonym for "bridge" year
    Shit year -- maybe?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I don't know what to expect from Cherington. His short tenure has been very undistinguished. Red Sox tickets usually go on sale during the first week of December with a Christmas at Fenway kickoff. They sell 4 game pax to get a big jump on the advanced sales. IMO, they are going to want to bring in a marquee type guy before then to create some excitement that will translate into ticket sales. I expect that a major move(s) will be made in the next week to 10 days. If they don't, I think that might portend of a slow off season on Yawkey Way.
    I clearly remember that some posters said that this year (2012-2013 offseason), the deck of options at FA was going to be a lot much better than last offseason (2011-2012), and that we had to be patience because our FO had everything figured out SPECIALLY regarding our pitching and was no need to risk our future trading our great prospects... I was not agree but I said oks... let's see...... Now and a year later... the same old people still saying that we have to be patience because our great FO has everything figured out, because results will show up in 2015 or something.... I want to know what are they going to say if the same horrible story repeats again in 2015.

You know what... bullshit!

Ben, wake the fuck up and sign the fuck' arms. Somebody say this guy that we have 4 years in a row without winning a fucking PO game. 4!.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.