Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 5/20 @ U.S. Cellular

Triple A

Re: 5/20 @ U.S. Cellular

Lester vs. a 19-23 team...would have bet the house. Good thing I didn't.

We can't win every game that Buch and Lester pitch. There will be an occasional stinker.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The streak was good while it lasted. Unfortunately now I have to put pants on and go back to work.

Deity

With Victorino injury, nothing will happen.
    I tend to agree with you here as Ferrell has already proven stubborn on this point. That said Ells does not suddenly look or get better because Vic is out. If Ells were just underperforming then the Vic situation has merit. But Ells is beginning to look like he is trying for an 0 for 2013. At this rate, it hardly matters whether Vic is in or not. For Ells own good he needs to be dropped in the order and told that he is to go to the plate intent on working through whatever ails him. When batting lead off, the hitter has specific responsibilities that Ells is not performing and should not be burdened with until he gets straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by bill29 View Post
    Lester vs. a 19-23 team...would have bet the house. Good thing I didn't.
    Ha...don't even think about betting anything of value on a baseball game.

Legend

Every pitcher has a bad game. Even the media's choice, Rivera, blows saves. Lester is entitled to an off day. So is Webster, by the way. That kid should have been given another start. The FO has a very short leash on prospects.

Farrell has to drop Ells in the batting order. It's embarrassing. The kid is making way too many outs to bat leadoff. It's killing their offense.

Deity

I am almost certain Webster will get another start this year. Just not right now. I actually don't think management has made a bad decision here.....Webster needs to develop farther. He tosses way too many mistake pitches up there which is not unusual for a pitching prospect. They are not used to seeing so many of their mistake pitches hit into orbit cause it does not happen in AAA. He did not fall off to base hits his first outing if you remember. When he fell off, he fell off to bombs......and that was his good outing.

I would not have given him another start immediately, not the way he left the mound the last time. He was shell shocked and looked it. Confidence was clearly shot. You really do not want to chance two of those in a row with a young pitcher like that.

I would bet he will get another start before the Sox start to look at finding something to replace Felix in the rotation....that is assuming they come to the conclusion that they need to replace Felix.