Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Twitter isn't entirely useless (redsox related)

All-Star

Twitter isn't entirely useless (redsox related)

Didn't know where to put, so I put here.

A Twitter on a humanitarian good deed quest asks Followers if anyone has a Red Sox signed ball (any player at all) to give to a dying man. And eventually....

http://www.nedmug.com/Blogs/tabid/22...y-Clubine.aspx

I have to say...based on her daily tweets, Lindsay seems like a fun and very sweet lady. Not to mention, Clay and the other team members...how awesome are they?

Re: Twitter isn't entirely useless (redsox related)

That's an awesome story!

Very encouraging story good to hear we have guys on the team who do this kind of thing even outside of the "public eye"...I hope it makes that mans time left more enjoyable.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

I still hate the twits on there, but that is a good story. The guy writing seems to be a bit of an annoying nag though.

I mean, if it's THAT important for Norm, I doubt the only way to get a team signed Sox ball is to go through a tv model to get to a MLB player (not to mention contacting her 20 times about it). You could go to a collectibles shop or even ebay and buy one and it wouldn't take you two weeks to get it.

All that said, I'd pay out the ass for ol' Norman's ball. That thing is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter;442483;
    I still hate the twits on there, but that is a good story. The guy writing seems to be a bit of an annoying nag though.

I mean, if it's THAT important for Norm, I doubt the only way to get a team signed Sox ball is to go through a tv model to get to a MLB player (not to mention contacting her 20 times about it). You could go to a collectibles shop or even ebay and buy one and it wouldn't take you two weeks to get it.

All that said, I'd pay out the ass for ol' Norman's ball. That thing is sweet!
    Agreed.

All-Star

He's a nice fella if you talk to him, but I'd tend to agree his blog makes him sound like that.
    I'd guess they didn't want to want to pay for one...but...yeah...