Register now to remove this ad

Page 444 of 527 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    This is not a great Pats team too. Going to have a tough time against the Rams, where did I hear that before?

My faith at the beginning of the postseason that the Patriots would make the Super Bowl rested solely on the weakness of the AFC. There’s really no dominant team in the conference. I think the 3 best teams in the NFL all played in the NFC...

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    My faith at the beginning of the postseason that the Patriots would make the Super Bowl rested solely on the weakness of the AFC. There’s really no dominant team in the conference. I think the 3 best teams in the NFL all played in the NFC...
    Agreed. The continual weakness of the AFC is ridiculous.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Legend
    Keep doubting, no problem. Pats 26-10 against the NFC since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Agreed. The continual weakness of the AFC is ridiculous.
    If that's really the case, the NFC should be racking up all the Super Bowls, no?

What's crazy about the Brady-Belichick Pats record in Super Bowls is this:

Every single one of them, and there have been 8 so far, has been decided by 8 points or less-6 of them by 4 points or less. That defies every law of something or other...
    Last edited by Bellhorn04; 01-21-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    In the Salary Cap Era there has been no Greater team then the N.E. Patriots. Every year different, that's why you get so many different Teams in SB. That's why I crack up one is better then the other. Every year flavor of the Month.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 01-21-2019 at 11:48 AM.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    If that's really the case, the NFC should be racking up all the Super Bowls, no?

What's crazy about the Brady-Belichick Pats record in Super Bowls is this:

Every single one of them, and there have been 8 so far, has been decided by 8 points or less-6 of them by 4 points or less. That defies every law of something or other...
    I mean weakness in terms of teams not being able to stop the Patriots' run of success.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playof...-dynasty-stats
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I mean weakness in terms of teams not being able to stop the Patriots' run of success.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playof...-dynasty-stats
    The Patriots' run of success is due to the fact that no other teams in either the AFC or NFC have been as good as them. It's certainly not just an AFC weakness.

They did of course change it so that you can't win with a field goal on that first possession, but you're right that the coin toss was crucial.
    I just think team who losses toss should at least get a chance to match team with ball first, especially when who gets ball first is decided by something we dumb as a coin toss. Could you imagine in baseball if away team hit a homer in top of 10th and game ended?

People acting like the AFC is weak is dumb. Brady is what? 5-3 in Super Bowls? Big Ben is 2-1, Peyton is 2-2, Flacco is 1-0. If the NFC is so good, and the AFC is so weak, why do the NFC champs keep losing in SB? It’s not like Brady is walking thru AFC and then losing in SB.
    Last edited by Jasonbay44; 01-21-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I just think team who losses toss should at least get a chance to match team with ball first, especially when who gets ball first is decided by something we dumb as a coin toss. Could you imagine in baseball if away team hit a homer in top of 10th and game ended?

They do that unless the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown. It’s an improvement over a few years ago when a field goal on the first possession ended the game.

I think the idea here is to keep overtime as quick as possible because 1) football is physically brutal and 2) networks don’t want games to last forever..,

Deity
    The Patriots' run of success is due to the fact that no other teams in either the AFC or NFC have been as good as them. It's certainly not just an AFC weakness.

When I brought this up, I was referring to this year.

Really the AFC this season lacked any dominant clear favorite team, especially once the Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt. I thought the Saints, Rams and Bears were all better than anyone in the AFC...

I certainly get what you're saying. Now let's follow through with this, using your proposed change and the Pats-Chiefs game as an example.

Pats win toss, get ball.
    Pats score touchdown, kick convert, lead by 7.
    Chiefs get ball, score touchdown, kick convert, game tied again.

Now what? Try the same thing all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    When I brought this up, I was referring to this year.

Really the AFC this season lacked any dominant clear favorite team, especially once the Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt. I thought the Saints, Rams and Bears were all better than anyone in the AFC...
    So you think the Rams will beat the Pats then.

And I’m not a Patriots fan, but what Brady is doing is absurd. His success in the AFC is similar to Lebrons in the east. It’s pretty crazy to witness arguably the two best players in the history of their respective sports do this.
    No way was there enough evidence to overthrow the " touched the ball" call on the field.

The whole replay process is a joke.

I certainly get what you're saying. Now let's follow through with this, using your proposed change and the Pats-Chiefs game as an example.

Pats win toss, get ball.
    Pats score touchdown, kick convert, lead by 7.
    Chiefs get ball, score touchdown, kick convert, game tied again.

Now what? Try the same thing all over again?
    Sudden death after both teams have a possession. In this situation, the strategy could also change, maybe you want ball second, see what first team does? If team with ball scores a touchdown and is up 7, you could score touchdown, go for 2, etc. It wouldn't really extend game that long, especially considering we've had numerous ties this year, and numerous games where first team has an 8 minute drive just to kick a field goal and other team gets the ball and does same, and they keep playing. I just think this way is more fair than deciding it based on the complete randomness of the coin toss, which the players realistically don't have any control over lol.