Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/28 Twins at Fenway, Game 3

Deity

6/28 Twins at Fenway, Game 3

Here's a switch: Sox are going with righty Porcello and Twins with lefty Mejia

Youth wants to know: can Porcello pitch a second decent game in a row and can our hitting score 4 or more runs for our third game in a row? Stay tuned.

Barring another rain delay, this game is five hours away, plenty of time to continue the conversation in the 6/27 game thread about this series, the upcoming road trip, the bullpen, the rotation, the hitting, and where this season is going for the Sox.

The good news right now is the Sox are 1 game in front of the Yankees for the AL East title. The less good news is that our winning percentage of .558 means 90 wins for the season and that the Yankees, Orioles, and even the dadgum Rays could beat us out because all four teams are at .500 or better.

I just checked a stat I heard on Fox. To date the Sox are 39-10 in games in which they score 4 or more runs. So, I don't know about anyone else, but I think 4 stinking runs is a pretty low bar for our lineup. Heck, it might be even lower against the Twins who have scored all of 14 runs in 5 games vs. the Sox this year.

Farrell is sure to bring out the righty bats again tonight--last night they had 9 of our 10 hits (JBJ had the 10th, a single). Travis at 1B I think. Vazquez catching. Young DH. Marrero--one of the great righty bats of this era--at 3b of course. He doubled last night.

Eckersley and others had a discussion on the pregame show last night or the night before about pitching adjustments when guys are getting hit hard. So maybe Porcello has made one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Marrero--one of the great righty bats of this era--at 3b of course. He doubled last night.
    Marrero is about to go on a tear. I predict another hit for him tonight.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...-10-04&season=

He doesn't have to be 2016 good, he just has to pitch like he did in 2015 after coming back from injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...-10-04&season=

He doesn't have to be 2016 good, he just has to pitch like he did in 2015 after coming back from injury.
    Exactly.

Max is streaking.
    WIN.
    other names i have posted under: none

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    YOTN at the game mojo!

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    YOTN at the game mojo!
    At the game mojo is always big. Enjoy!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    YOTN at the game mojo!
    Max ain't nuttin, but YOTN mojo is everything! Three straight against the best W-L road record in MLB would be sweet.

I smell victory.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Betts
    Pedroia
    Bogaerts
    Moreland !
    Young LF
    Bradley
    Travis (DH)
    Leon
    Marrero

Like last night except Moreland is indirectly in for Beni and Leon--I'm guessing Porcello asked for him because Leon caught him last time when he went 6.1 giving up 3 earned runs--in for Vazquez. Anyway, 7 righty bats tonight, same number as last night. Farrell simply replaced one lefty bat, Beni, with another, Moreland.

My NOAA map also shows no clouds headed toward Boston tonight. A bunch of stuff over the Great Lakes, however.

What is the prognosis for Hanley? He is missing his second game against a LHP.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

YOTN at the game mojo!
    Have a great time Youk!

What is the prognosis for Hanley? He is missing his second game against a LHP.
    I think he's sitting out just as much because of his lack of production as he is because of injury, though I'm sure the two are related. Look for Hanley to sit more games.

Win again, dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Marrero is about to go on a tear. I predict another hit for him tonight.
    Maybe a reach on error or HBP is all we can hope for.