Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Disappointments, to date!

All-Star

Biggest Disappointments, to date!

It;s easy to point out thos who have exceeded expectations this year (as of Sept 10) but not not so much fun pointing out those few who have not met expectations.

My two who "qualify" for thie category are Vasquez and Devers. Maybe I had set my expectations too jigh?
    '

My two are Pomeranz and Kelly.

I expected Devers to struggle and Vaz to decline.

I too have been disappointed in the year Devers has had, notwithstanding the trips to the DL. As for Vasquez, I'm cutting him some slack due to his missing so much time on the DL recovering from a broken finger. Had he not been injured, I believe he would have rounded into shape and at least reached last season's stats.

And not to be too critical, and I acknowledge that I may well be putting a target on my back, but if we are talking 'meeting expectations', I'm just a little disappointed in Beni, as he hasn't reached the expectations I had for him. I was looking forward to a consistent .300 BA, 25 HR, & 100 RBI season.

I'm disappointed in everybody. Our team sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm disappointed in everybody. Our team sucks.
    Dead on.

Kelly has been the disappointment for me. after game 1, he had a really really good stretch but has been dreadful for awhile now.
    Pedroia not being able to answer the bell is a yuuuuuuge disappointment as well.
    other names i have posted under: none

Biggest Disappointment: Madstork hasn't been banned as of 9/10/18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    46 losses!!! I mean really. And in one season!!!

When was the last time the Patriots lost 46 games in a season? It takes them like 9 years to lose that many!!

Shows you who the real winners are...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    46 losses!!! I mean really. And in one season!!!

When was the last time the Patriots lost 46 games in a season? It takes them like 9 years to lose that many!!

Shows you who the real winners are...
    They lost 50 games from 1989 - 1992, but it felt like way more at the time.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    They lost 50 games from 1989 - 1992, but it felt like way more at the time.
    Exactly.

That you had to go back more than a quarter of a century to find a stretch like that proves the sarcastic point I was trying to make...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Exactly.

That you had to go back more than a quarter of a century to find a stretch like that proves the sarcastic point I was trying to make...
    Oh you were being sarcastic? I had no idea! I definitely was 100% serious with my post.
    I get MV Pee.

Legend
    Pomeranz - this is easy

There were first rounders in this past draft younger than Devers. No reason for it to be a straight road.

Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    I too have been disappointed in the year Devers has had, notwithstanding the trips to the DL. As for Vasquez, I'm cutting him some slack due to his missing so much time on the DL recovering from a broken finger. Had he not been injured, I believe he would have rounded into shape and at least reached last season's stats.

And not to be too critical, and I acknowledge that I may well be putting a target on my back, but if we are talking 'meeting expectations', I'm just a little disappointed in Beni, as he hasn't reached the expectations I had for him. I was looking forward to a consistent .300 BA, 25 HR, & 100 RBI season.
    He's not that far from your projection, and it seems like his defense and base running has improved.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He's not that far from your projection, and it seems like his defense and base running has improved.
    He's been one of the top 20-30 players this year. He's been the 3rd best Red Sox hitter overall, and their 2nd best baserunner. Now the season would look sexier with 25 HRs, but 79 RBIs and nearly 100 runs scored is nothing to sneeze at. I mean it's kind of a middle class version of Jose Altuve - who wouldn't want that?

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    He's been one of the top 20-30 players this year. He's been the 3rd best Red Sox hitter overall, and their 2nd best baserunner. Now the season would look sexier with 25 HRs, but 79 RBIs and nearly 100 runs scored is nothing to sneeze at. I mean it's kind of a middle class version of Jose Altuve - who wouldn't want that?
    Maybe, if Betts didn't belt 30 HRs, Beni would have 100 RBIs.

It's all on Mookie- so damn selfish!