Register now to remove this ad

Page 421 of 471 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 7063

Thread: Official NBA thread

C's!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

The Nets GM who made that KG/Pierce trade has to be one of the biggest morons in sports history.. and the Celtics still get Nets pick NEXT season also..

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    The Nets GM who made that KG/Pierce trade has to be one of the biggest morons in sports history.. and the Celtics still get Nets pick NEXT season also..
    Ainge is a smart cookie.

Now trade the pick.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Sucks that Leonard is injured. Spurs might have given the Warriors a go if he wasn't.

holy christ, That was ages ago. I didn't realize the extent of that trade. That could be the biggest stick-up of all time!

How do the Celts look for Free Agency? Think they'll pounce on anyone in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Ainge is a smart cookie.

Now trade the pick.
    No. If you have the chance to get a franchise player, you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    holy christ, That was ages ago. I didn't realize the extent of that trade. That could be the biggest stick-up of all time!

How do the Celts look for Free Agency? Think they'll pounce on anyone in particular?
    They are aiming for Gordon Hayward. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nb...-be-in-boston/

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    No. If you have the chance to get a franchise player, you do it.
    What franchise player?

Neither of the two top projected picks is ready to play serious minutes in the NBA.

The kid from Washington has three years of organized ball and will be 19 this month.

The Celts need one or two ready to go players that can impact the team NOW.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    What franchise player?

Neither of the two top projected picks is ready to play serious minutes in the NBA.

The kid from Washington has three years of organized ball and will be 19 this month.

The Celts need one or two ready to go players that can impact the team NOW.
    Fultz. He's a scorer. The C's could plug him in today and find minutes.

Fultz is best player in the draft, but he's also a PG, so what would Celtics do with IT? I'm not sure he and IT could coexist, especially with how bad IT is on the defensive end. I've seen Fultz play a lot (he's from Maryland area) but I think best option may be for Celtics to trade the pick for one of these big name players rumored to be available such as Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

I honestly don't see Gordon leaving Utah, he's happy there and Jazz are prepared to offer him a ridiculous contract that Celtics cant match.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Fultz. He's a scorer. The C's could plug him in today and find minutes.
    I don't deny that. He does seem to have a nice mid range jumper.

BUT, he is skinny and weak, and plays almost nonexistent defense.

His ball handling skills are adequate for the college game but how will he fare against the Marcus Smarts and Avery Bradley types? Not well at first, I would imagine.

No. He is a promising player that would find limited minutes and end up playing about as much as Jalen Brown.

Very few kids are ready to make the leap at his age and be an impact player in the short term.

3-4 years of NBA experience and he could be very good.

Or he could become another Gerald Green.

Not a franchise player.

Fultz is best player in the draft, but he's also a PG, so what would Celtics do with IT? I'm not sure he and IT could coexist, especially with how bad IT is on the defensive end. I've seen Fultz play a lot (he's from Maryland area) but I think best option may be for Celtics to trade the pick for one of these big name players rumored to be available such as Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

I honestly don't see Gordon leaving Utah, he's happy there and Jazz are prepared to offer him a ridiculous contract that Celtics cant match.
    Yup. He is not even the best player to come out of DeMatha.

He would have to outplay Terry Rozier to become the # 4 guard on the team. Or maybe the Celts would move Rozier and others to make room for him. I doubt that.

I say trade for an established impact player if possible.

There are people who thought the Spurs should have dealt the #1 pick in 1997 for immediate help as well.

Trade the pick if a truly outrageous offer comes along, like Anthony Davis or something. Otherwise hang on to it. Jimmy Butler or Paul George won't push this team over the top.

Deity
    you sign who you want to sign - Fultz ok . You sign Heyward - you trade for who you really want. right now it is pretty obvious that as long as you have just one ball to play with that the c's are heading toward guard heavy haven. That is where the trade comes from and that will be a tough call. If it was me, as much as i like Bradley, he might be the odd guy out. some say smart but I like his toughness and his real potential as a defensive player. They will be close but thinking that any 19 or 20 year od kid is going to step on to the court and be an immediate impact player on this team might be a dream unless he is 6'7" plus can defend, pass, and stick it from beyond the arc. A few other thoughts though - We have a tough assed GM and one of the better coaches in all of bb land. Plus, don't forget about a couple of international draft picks that were made last year. We are in for a decades worth of very good celtic's bb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    There are people who thought the Spurs should have dealt the #1 pick in 1997 for immediate help as well.
    This draft immediately came to mind when I heard the C's got the first pick this week. That wasn't even the 25% chance to net the top pick. That Tim Duncan draft Celtics had like a 27% chance and still missed out. Getting Tim Duncan, I don't think even Rick Pitino could've fucked that up. So, this sorta' makes up for all that.