Register now to remove this ad

Page 442 of 472 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 7068

Thread: Official NBA thread

Cleveland will almost certainly be the end of the line. I don't know if it will be a slaughter like last year, since they don't have Kyrie anymore and compared to last time our team is much more unselfish, has fewer guys who need the ball in their hands to have a positive impact on the game (just Morris), and has no defensive liabilities for them to exploit. But I'd be floored if we won this series.
    Last edited by Jacoby_Ellsbury; 05-12-2018 at 09:13 AM.

I am already very curious to see how the Celt's roster looks to begin next season.

Danny has been pretty clever so far. But as always, decisions have to be made.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

The thing worth noting here is that Boston's wings are far better than any that Cleveland has faced so far in the playoffs. If their youth shines in the moment and they get hot, they could pose a matchup problem for the Cavs. This applies to the other side of the ball as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Celts putting to the vaunted Cavs. Leading by 28 late in the 4th.

Lol. The experts know shit.

I love it!

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

its a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    its a 7 game series.
    Really?

Thanks for the edification Sport.

Brad completely mindfucked LeBron and Lue. They had no idea what hit them.

I'm still not going to be confident about this series until we have 4 wins.

Deity
    Pretty sure the Cavs will be back but it did look like they have some serious matchup problems with this Celtics edition. As they mature, it is becoming obvious that Brown, Tatum, and Rozier are pretty tough to contain when they are playing fast and hard. For most of the game, they looked like they were playing at a different speed than Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Brad completely mindfucked LeBron and Lue. They had no idea what hit them.

I'm still not going to be confident about this series until we have 4 wins.
    Agreed. If anybody comes back from 3-0, it'll be LeBron. Not saying it will get to 3-0, however.

This Rockets/Warriors series has the potential to be one of the best ever. There is so much star power on the court.

Fuck the Warriors.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Fuck the Warriors.
    I don't disagree with that, I'm definitely hoping any team but them wins it all, but I can't deny the talent on that team. Durant, Klay, Curry, Draymond, CP3 and Harden on the same court is crazy.

Golden State showed why they're still the best team in the league last night in Game 1

Well, somehow we are up 3-2 and one win away from the Finals. LeBron looked completely gassed last night. His numbers were okay, but his defense left a lot to be desired. The fact that he's clearly fatigued and the Cavs have no more room for error being on the brink of elimination makes me think the Celtics might actually pull this off. But it's just as likely that they blow a winnable game in Cleveland tomorrow night and then LeBron gets it together for game seven and one of their role players wakes up has a random 25 point game and thanks to that they steal the series.

Just avoid getting blown out in Cleveland. Make them play LeBron 36+ minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Well, somehow we are up 3-2 and one win away from the Finals. LeBron looked completely gassed last night. His numbers were okay, but his defense left a lot to be desired. The fact that he's clearly fatigued and the Cavs have no more room for error being on the brink of elimination makes me think the Celtics might actually pull this off. But it's just as likely that they blow a winnable game in Cleveland tomorrow night and then LeBron gets it together for game seven and one of their role players wakes up has a random 25 point game and thanks to that they steal the series.

Just avoid getting blown out in Cleveland. Make them play LeBron 36+ minutes.
    It's too bad that Cleveland never found Lebron a Scottie Pippen. He would have never left for Miami and he'd have more rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.