PDA

View Full Version : First Opponent

elsrbueno
10-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Anaheim's pesky, Oakland's got the big 3, and Minnesota's got Santana and nothing to lose (they get no love in the media).

elsrbueno
10-01-2004, 12:10 PM
I voted Oakland in this poll, because the Red Sox have played very well against them in the past. All teams scare me for different reasons, but we've proven that we can hit the big 3, shut down their offense, and they have the weakest bullpen of the three teams.

I believe (I have to) that the Red Sox can beat any of these teams in a short series. If I had my preference, I'd choose Oakland.

yeszir
10-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Oakland, because of the extent as to which we own them. Not only in the playoffs, but overall.

YanksHater213
10-01-2004, 01:55 PM
I voted Minnesota. I think that they will simply be the easiest team to beat. They said that theyd go with a 3 man rotation, which would be good for us, except for the fact that we would have to face Santana twice. Past Santana, they have nothing special. Thier hitting isnt that great. I just think theyd be an easier team to beat. Oakland has starting pitching out the ass... so I wouldnt wanna face them. Anaheim has just underachieved all season. THeyll miss the playoffs though

noonanberg
10-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I voted Minny too. The only guy who scares me is Santana, but since we'd be countering him with Schilling we could probably steal the win.

As mentioned Oakland's got the big three, and how many times can they choke in the first round?

Anaheim won it only two years ago. Colon has the potential to be lights out, and frankly Vlad Guerrero scares me. You really can't throw the ball anywhere because he swings and hits everything. They also have a solid core of guys like Eckstein and Glaus. Washburn could be a tough foe and their pen is really strong.

But since we only meet the Twinkies if they sweep the Tribe, I'd put my money on one of the AL West teams.

stocker323
10-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Oakland, they're backing into the playoffs and they have had no chance to rest their players, and oh yeah they'e 1-8 against us.

yankeessuck013
10-02-2004, 08:32 PM
well its either minny or anaheim now!! i would rather play the twins because anaheim always play tough vs us and is very very pesky. good bullpen too!

GO TWINS - sweep the indians
GO A's- PLEASE WIN Tomorrow!!!

schillingouttheks
10-03-2004, 12:12 PM
i always said oakland, then minny, then anaheim. unfortunately anaheim is there now instead of oakland. i want minny. sure we have to face santana twice, but that means they need to face schilling twice. its a tossup. after santana, we should be able to win 3 games, if not 2 once we beat him!!! B)