PDA

View Full Version : Futures At Fenway

Soxfan#1
07-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Is this worth going to? I heard it was fun, but what are some big minor league names I can expect to see play.

Coco's Disciples
07-13-2008, 02:29 PM
It's awesome, especially if you wouldn't normally go to Fenway. I got sick seats last year, it was tons of fun.

Gom
07-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Dude, I threw my tickets out to the futures gameat Yankee Stadium. I went to the beach. Screw it.

TheKilo
07-13-2008, 09:41 PM
That's for all of MLB though...this is a good chance to see all of the Sox prospects.

riverside sluggers
08-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Is this worth going to? I heard it was fun, but what are some big minor league names I can expect to see play.

Last year I went and had a blast. Double header of the Lowell Spinners and then Portland Spinners, both games ended in walkoff fashion! Jorge Jimenez had an RBI single with 2 outs in the 9th, Jay Johnson for Portland had the walkoff double. The Sea Dogs I belive at one point trailed something crazy like 7-2. Bowden wasnt at his his best for the game, but Lowell's Jose Capellan looked strong through 5 innings while striking out 7

Im going again this year and will be in right field box seats

ORS
08-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Dude, I threw my tickets out to the futures gameat Yankee Stadium. I went to the beach. Screw it.
I get the sense that you aren't really a "baseball" fan. It's not the sport that you love, just the team you root for, which is fine, but a great many baseball fans love the sport first and then have a favorite team. The Futures Game, and the Futures at Fenway, and minor league ball, and the Cape League, and the AFL / HWL, NCAA baseball, etc, appeal to this type of fan.

yeszir
08-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I've been trying to get to a Spinners / Pawsox game for a while. I thought the futures game was going to be my shot but it doesn't look like I'll be going.

Soxfan#1
08-09-2008, 11:36 AM
It isn't supposed to be hard to get tickets is it? I'm not going.

Coco's Disciples
08-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Its not hard at all. I got field box tickets for the second straight year, had a blast, got Michael Bowden's autograph, saw some good baseball.

riverside sluggers
08-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Woooo!!

Lowell Spinners game goes into 12th inning tied at 3... bases loaded, 2 outs, 3-2 count, Middlebrooks capped it off with an RBI single to center field that the centerfielder almost had a play on. He had been struggling coming into this game, hitting just .225. Today he went 3 for 6 with a double and 3 RBIs

Pawtucket's game was more easy going (5-2), Pauley pitched a good game to notch his 13th W of the season. Joe Thurston hit the only homerun that was seen for the double header, just barely cleared the right field wall. Chris Smith earned the save, he'll definitely be back Sept 1

riverside sluggers
08-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Ah thanks for the heads up, i wondered how the run had scored when i left for the concourse. Yea its def something I want to do every year round

26 to 6
08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I was surprised to hear that my hometown Hudson Valley Renegades were going to be a part of this again this year. I had tickets to go last year but got trashed the night before and slept in until about the first pitch...needless to say time didnt allow for my drunk ass to make the drive from NY to Boston. Thought about going this year, but only for a second or 2. Seems like an awesome event though. I would love to see Yankee affiliates play a game at the Stadium.

The Prodigy
08-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Why wouldn't you guys go to the games!!! I went and it was great it was a great way to get to know some of the kids that might be comming up in the next few years...... Not to mention just being at Fenway it a treat by it self. Your a dumb ass if you don't go and have Tickets... Great experience and would go every year if i could....