PDA

View Full Version : We All Fucking Wanna Be Mods (R)

Jayhawk Bill
07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Haha I was joking, but if you're seriously looking for one I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I also wish to submit my name for consideration.

Qualifications:

1) Diversity. Other mods are young; I am old.

2) Time. Although I have occasional demands upon my time, I spend, on average, more time logged onto Talksox than many current mods do.

3) Bipolar disorder. We currently have a vacancy in the "Bipolar Mod" category. While I may not match TheKilo in my qualification in this area, I believe that I've demonstrated adequate skill and aptitude in this field over my first 1600+ posts that I can can assert with confidence that I might replace ksushi as the mod who keeps Talksox vigorous and exciting. :rolleyes:

4) Verbosity. I can explain, in excruciating detail, why I have felt compelled to delete posts, threads, forums, or anything else that I might discover that I can delete with Mod Power. Furthermore, if compelled to do so, I can support my actions statistically (e.g. "You used the F-word three times in a PG-13 rated forum, and you weren't directing said language at Derek Jeter, a potentially mitigating factor.")

There will be other candidates. This is my cover letter; resume available upon request.

yeszir
07-21-2008, 08:20 PM
The most humorous application will receive congratulations from myself.

(Please note: applications will, in all likelihood, not actually be considered)

Youk Of The Nation
07-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Reason number four gets you little, because we can use excructiating detail as well. We usually don't, though, because most of the time our actions are pretty obvious.

Besides, why would us young'ns want an old guy like you to be a mod? :lol:

Old people smell funny and don't like taking orders from young people.

But mostly the smell.

Rdsxmbnt
07-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I'd like to apply for the vacated admin position

Jayhawk Bill
07-21-2008, 08:30 PM
(Please note: applications will, in all likelihood, not actually be considered)

Well, yes--but were there actual threat of responsibility and obligation, I might not have started this thread. ;)

a700hitter
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM
This will be confusing. We can cuss and be crude here, but in the main forum I have to be proper. I can be an annoying asshole to Yankee fans in both forums...right?

Soxfan#1
07-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I should be mod. I am the best. Suck me.

SCM33
07-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Name: SweetChinMusic33
Credentials: Zero
Reasons deserving: None

Oh wait, this is a application? Not a self review......damn, blew that.

Sox Fan on Cape
07-21-2008, 11:08 PM
This will be confusing. We can cuss and be crude here, but in the main forum I have to be proper. I can be an annoying asshole to Yankee fans in both forums...right?

Just be yourself, you'll have all bases covered.

Gom
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
The first thing about being a mod is not giving a shit if you are a mod or not. Therefore, you do not qualify.