PDA

View Full Version : More Nonsense

ORS
07-31-2008, 07:10 AM
You know something?

I have to say this:

You Red Sox fans are ungrateful [wait...fun police knocking on my door] son of a guns. See? I censored myself.

Manny came to play. He was a WS MVP. You don't win your first championship without him. You don't get past the Indians on the way to your second championship without him. He's been worth every penny. His issues are not with the fans, but with the organization. He's been everything and more for you guys, and you boo him tonight at the game?

Sorry yeszir...but your fans are ungrateful assholes who did that. Trust me, in New York, he gets a standing ovation. Is it any wonder that the profile of stars goes from Boston to New York, and never the other way around?
Bullshit, you stupid cockpumper.

Did you forget Derek Jeter was booed for merely slumping a few years ago? Your captain, a guy destined for the HOF, a guy who has played every play with maximum effort, who only sits when the trainer tells him to, that guy, was booed by Yankee fans for being in slump.

There's no way, none in hell, that the YS crowd cheers a guy who on his way out begs out of some games to create a rift between him and the FO so that they don't pick up his options and he can become a free-agent.

Sheffield had a similar desire not long ago, was he cheered?

Gom
07-31-2008, 09:09 AM
LOL!

Sheffield never gave us what Manny gave you.

There are stupid Yankee fans as well. I forgot about the Jeter debacle. I stand corrected.

I just have no patience for bullshit fans. On either side, and just in general. The Yankees have the same situation with Giambi. Manny can be an idiot, but the FO should have made him happy, or found a way to.

ORS
07-31-2008, 09:14 AM
The only way the FO could have made Manny happy is to make a decision about his options prior to when he agreed to allowing them to. Eight years ago, Manny signed his name to a contract that made him the second highest paid player in baseball. Part of that agreement was that the team had the right to decide whether or not to keep him after the first 8 years of service. After. If he doesn't like that, tough shit. He signed the contract.

I can't believe people think the FO is doing something wrong by living up to their end of the deal, and Manny is some hero when he won't complete his.