PDA

View Full Version : GREAT post over at a yankees forum

roary
04-09-2004, 04:42 PM
http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?threadid=60111

LOOK WHOSE BITCHING NOW

Sinix
04-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Lol...good stuff. Someone should go in there and be like "I resent your 26 World Series Rings"

yeszir
04-09-2004, 05:36 PM
They all say they arent bitter now, but I remember their reactions when the signings first happened. They were all PISSED.

Gertie
04-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Gotta love Yankee fans. Always lording their 26 rings over us, then bitching at the slightest provocation.

ARod2212
04-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Just figured I would throw my 2 cents in. Pettitte has been my absolute favorite Yankee since the '95 season, and whenever I heard trade rumors with him going to Philly in '99 I think it was, I was 100% against it. I was really worried in the offseason when Georgie was going after Javy and Sheff while neglecting Andy, my worst fear was that it would play out just like that. I understand why Andy left, George treated him like shit. He's big on loyalty, and the Yankees didn't show they cared. We offered more money, so it's not like he was holding out for that either. I hope he does well there.

Roger, I understand as well. He's best friends with Pettitte. He thought Andy was going to stay in NY so he retired, when he heard he was pitching in Texas he changed his mind. Clemens called Steinbrenner to thank him for his years in pinstripes (and made him cry), I don't hold anything against him. I wouldn't mind to see him with an NL Cy Young either.

When Pettitte left, I was quite pissed, but it was at George, not Andy. (George kinda made up for it with a trade for some guy named Rodriguez, though :D)