PDA

View Full Version : Low-Life Scum Cowardly Yankee Fans

a700hitter
08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Once again, Yankee fans have proven themselves to be low-life cowardly scum. I made some very bold statements early on in the season. For the first time in many years, I declared the Yankees as dead early in the season. I looked at the rotation with two rookies, an old Moose and Pettitte and declared them dead. While Moose has surprised me, and everyone else, I never wavered from my belief that this Yankee team had no chance. This came from a guy who always believed that you could never declare the Yankees dead until they had no pulse, and even then you should shoot them twice in the heart just to make sure.

My beef is that a few of you Yankee fans took some of my statements and used them in your signatures. I am fine with that. I am even fine with eating my words if I am wrong. In 2006, in early August, I declared on this site that the only way the Red Sox would go to the playoffs would be if they bought tickets. I caught a lot of hell about that from my brethren Sox fans. That statement was quoted in Optimist's signature line for the remainder of the season and the playoffs. I was fine with that.

Now that my predictions about the Yankees are proving to be right, each of you low-life cowards (and you know who you are) have deleted my prophetic statements from your signature lines. If you wanted to use my words to stick them up my ass if I was proved wrong, you should have had the guts to leave them in place when I was proved right. That would have been the stand up thing to do. I am not surprised that you have chosen the cowardly option, because most of you are despicable fans. Well, for the record, I am and I will be proved right. You can enjoy the post season like the rest of your team from your couches. Enjoy:harhar:

yankees228
08-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Should be a fun postseason actually. I'm surprisingly looking forward to it.

RedSoxRooter
08-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Should be a fun postseason actually. I'm surprisingly looking forward to it.

Yeah, forget the Cubs and Mets. That first Angel series could be incredible. If it's Angels/Sox or Angels/Rays it will be worth watching every game. If it's Angels/Ray, I'll be in baseball heaven. ;)

Coco's Disciples
08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
1st round will be our toughest. Get past that, we have the Rays/ChiSox, then the NL. Good shot after the Angels.

Gom
08-28-2008, 12:53 PM
a700, I never did. Some assholes here put some of my quotes in their signatures as well. The assholes are on both sides.

Congrats on your team knocking us out. Now it's down to you versus the Twins. You face the Angels in round 1. Good luck. I feel you're going to need it.

a700hitter
08-28-2008, 12:58 PM
a700, I never did. Some assholes here put some of my quotes in their signatures as well. The assholes are on both sides.

Congrats on your team knocking us out. Now it's down to you versus the Twins. You face the Angels in round 1. Good luck. I feel you're going to need it.Gom, I know you would have taken the heat. Not only would you have congratulated me about being right, but you would be calling for major changes to the Yankees.

yankees228
08-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Gom, I know you would have taken the heat. Not only would you have congratulated me about being right, but you would be calling for major changes to the Yankees.

Of course you love that. A Yankee fan that constantly bashes the Yankees (lately)...

Gom
08-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Of course you love that. A Yankee fan that constantly bashes the Yankees (lately)...

I bash Cashman. Big difference.

Sorry 228, I don't blindly love everyone who is involved with the Yankees. I believe in accountability.

a700hitter
08-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I believe in accountability.228 clearly does not believe in accountability as he is one of the culprits who deleted my prophetic statements from his signature line as soon as it became apparent that the Yankees were dead. He had quoted me twice in his signature line.

yankees228
08-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I bash Cashman. Big difference.

Sorry 228, I don't blindly love everyone who is involved with the Yankees. I believe in accountability.

I don't either. Check my posts, especially ones concerning Girardi.

This issue is that you have been blaming Cashman for everything. When you start blaming guys getting hurt on him you're going way too far.

yankees228
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
228 clearly does not believe in accountability as he is one of the culprits who deleted my prophetic statements from his signature line as soon as it became apparent that the Yankees were dead. He had quoted me twice in his signature line.

Wait, you definitely have the wrong person. My signature has been the same since Joe Girardi was hired.

Soxfan#1
08-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Such low life scum!

Jacoby_Ellsbury
08-28-2008, 01:35 PM
I probably sound stupid, but I still have not counted the Yankees out. Once we're ahead of them by 15 games, I'll rest easy.

a700hitter
08-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Wait, you definitely have the wrong person. My signature has been the same since Joe Girardi was hired.I was thinking of ARod 2212. My bad.

yankees228
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I was thinking of ARod 2212. My bad.

No problem. Just ignore my PM.

Gom
08-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't either. Check my posts, especially ones concerning Girardi.

This issue is that you have been blaming Cashman for everything. When you start blaming guys getting hurt on him you're going way too far.
You kind of have to expect that when the players are on the wrong side of 35.

Case in point. He doesn't claim Paul Byrd, who beat us yesterday. Byrd's numbers were better than TWO of our starters, Ponson and Rasner. Just plain stupid.

yankee20715
08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
No problem. Just ignore my PM.

ha ha. What did the PM say? Was it a hatefilled tirade...I must know

I probably sound stupid, but I still have not counted the Yankees out. Once we're ahead of them by 15 games, I'll rest easy.

One of my friends has the same approach. You guys could have just swept us and he would still fear a Yankee comeback. You cant really say its stupid since it has happened in the past, but they were different times, different teams.

Gom
08-29-2008, 12:27 AM
ha ha. What did the PM say? Was it a hatefilled tirade...I must know

One of my friends has the same approach. You guys could have just swept us and he would still fear a Yankee comeback. You cant really say its stupid since it has happened in the past, but they were different times, different teams.

Let me guess. Carl.

a700hitter
08-29-2008, 09:21 AM
ha ha. What did the PM say? Was it a hatefilled tirade...I must knowNo it was not at all.

One of my friends has the same approach. You guys could have just swept us and he would still fear a Yankee comeback. You cant really say its stupid since it has happened in the past, but they were different times, different teams.I don't think the Yankees have ever come from 6 games behind us this late in the season. If they did, it only happened in 1978. Certainly, they never came from 8 games behind on August 29th. I'm worried about the Twins and the White Sox. I'd welcome playing the Yankees in the playoffs, because the Sox would clean their clocks.

Gom
08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
No it was not at all.

I don't think the Yankees have ever come from 6 games behind us this late in the season. If they did, it only happened in 1978. Certainly, they never came from 8 games behind on August 29th. I'm worried about the Twins and the White Sox. I'd welcome playing the Yankees in the playoffs, because the Sox would clean their clocks.
I'd like to give you the opportunity.

Truth be told, if the Yankees make the playoffs WITH the Sox, I'd be worried if I was you. That means we made up 10 games on the Rays and would have been playing downright phenomenal baseball, probably only losing 3 or 4 games the whole month of September.

a700hitter
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I'd like to give you the opportunity.

Truth be told, if the Yankees make the playoffs WITH the Sox, I'd be worried if I was you. That means we made up 10 games on the Rays and would have been playing downright phenomenal baseball, probably only losing 3 or 4 games the whole month of September.But we both know that is not going to happen, because they are not a phenomenal team. They are a flawed, injured and dispirited team, which is precisely why I wouldn't mind playing them.

Gom
08-29-2008, 09:04 PM
But we both know that is not going to happen, because they are not a phenomenal team. They are a flawed, injured and dispirited team, which is precisely why I wouldn't mind playing them.

But if you were, that means that they would be the exact opposite to make the playoffs. Moot point. They are going nowhere. Not this year or next.

yankees228
08-30-2008, 06:21 PM
You kind of have to expect that when the players are on the wrong side of 35.

Case in point. He doesn't claim Paul Byrd, who beat us yesterday. Byrd's numbers were better than TWO of our starters, Ponson and Rasner. Just plain stupid.

You specifically mentioned players that Cashman has drafted.

And give me a break, is Paul Byrd going to make such a big difference? You're really cherry picking if you're going to start blaming Cashman for not claiming Paul Byrd off waivers.

yankees228
08-30-2008, 06:22 PM
But if you were, that means that they would be the exact opposite to make the playoffs. Moot point. They are going nowhere. Not this year or next.

Alright, it's fair to say that they're not going anywhere this year, because it certainly seems that way, but what makes you think they're not going anywhere next year?

yankee20715
08-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Let me guess. Carl.

Carl? Why would Carl fear a Yankee comeback? One of my friends that lives in RI, he still hasnt counted the Yanks out and its a few hours until September.