PDA

View Full Version : AL MVP

YanksHater213
10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
You could make a case for all of them...

Manny, hes been productive all season, and especially when David was slumping
Sheffield has been the most clutch player in the MLB all season, as much as i hate to say it
Vlad has been the only guy for the Angels that hasnt been hurt, and he has been owning. Especially his 9 RBI game against us
Santana because he has basically been a win for the Twins every 5 games, which is unbelieveable

Who do you think?

YanksHater213
10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
I voted for Santana btw

stocker323
10-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Peter Gammons continues to make a case for Rivera, saying the Yankees wouldn't be in the playoffs without him. But if they were without Rivera, don't you thng George would just go out and get another top notch closer.

I vote Vlad because he single handedly stepped up in September and thrusted his team into the playoffs. He had the best numbers in the league during September and this was in very meaningful games where a playoff spot was on the line.

schillingouttheks
10-03-2004, 07:51 PM
vlad for reasons in the other 10 threads on this topic ;)

yeszir
10-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Anyone but Sheffield, the least deserving of all of them.

elsrbueno
10-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Vlad, because Manny and Sheff had quality supporting casts, and I think the Red Sox/Yankees would still be in contention without them.

Santana's been awesome, but I don't believe pitchers should win the MVP. That's what the Cy Young is for (and Santana wins that hands down). A guy who only appears in 30 out of 162 games shouldn't (IMHO) even be considered for MVP.

Guerrero, on the other hand, has carried this team and has been the most valuable to his TEAM compared to the other players.

Plus, Guerrero's just a better all-around player than the other options.

Vladimir Guerrero-- No contest

SchillingisCyYoung
10-05-2004, 08:23 PM
i said manny because he has been a huge part to the sox offense... hes done great in the OF making some great plays.... Vlad, Santana and Rivera make good cases for MV, but manny all teh way (sheff is a no because without him they'd still be in the playoffs)

elsrbueno
10-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SchillingisCyYoung@Oct 5 2004, 09:23 PM
i said manny because he has been a huge part to the sox offense... hes done great in the OF making some great plays.... Vlad, Santana and Rivera make good cases for MV, but manny all teh way (sheff is a no because without him they'd still be in the playoffs)
In response to your comment about Sheff, couldn't the same be said about Ramirez?

I mean, while a lineup without Ramirez wouldn't be nearly as feared, this team still would have made the playoffs without him (IMHO).

However, I think Guerrero carried Anaheim when they were missing key guys. Plus, he's a much more well-rounded player. Manny only helps you with ONE dimension of the game-- his bat.

SchillingisCyYoung
10-11-2004, 05:42 PM
good point but manny and oriz really carried the offense i mean damon and all the other guys helped but without ramirez sox wouldn't of made it as far as they are now sooooo with out ramirez sox are :thumbdown: :(

schillingouttheks
10-11-2004, 07:23 PM
the sox would be where they are without manny, i mean hes had a big year, but when u compare to where the sox would be without manny to where the angels were this season with vlad, ill take vlad with the angels, without him i dont think they had a legit playoff chance, and certainly wouldnt have beaten the a's in that series.

Bonds*
10-11-2004, 07:26 PM
If I had a vote, I'd give it to Tejada.

schillingouttheks
10-11-2004, 07:33 PM
the MVP should be on a winning playoff-potential team. i couldnt believe arod got it down in texas.

softball
10-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Manny! But I suppose that's because I'm a Red Sox fan :lol:

yeszir
10-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Johnny Damon!

Noah
10-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Ortiz, for his tremendous postseason.