PDA

View Full Version : Yanks love wang

TheKilo
12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
enough to sign him to a one year, $5 million deal.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2008/12/yankees_sign_wang_avoiding_arb.html

Coco's Disciples
12-22-2008, 10:20 PM
lol wanger

Jacoby_Ellsbury
12-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Sign it to a one year deal. So what position does this wang play?

Coco's Disciples
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
five

five

five million dollar foot long

lol get it. like teh subway ads. and foot long=sexula innuendo for wanger.

TheKilo
12-22-2008, 10:23 PM
five

five

Hahahaa

BoSox21
12-22-2008, 10:30 PM
heh, his name means cock

Jacoby_Ellsbury
12-22-2008, 10:31 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2u6z614.jpg

Jacoby_Ellsbury
12-22-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.mokers.org/blog/images/2008/03/sports/chien-ming-wang-home.jpg = http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/45618835_d70b332438.jpg

Coco's Disciples
12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
YES, I have made it to a motivational poster.

Even though it's not my real name and it's a picture of David Cross.

The Dustball
12-22-2008, 10:39 PM
five

five

lol i c wat u did ther

rician blast
12-23-2008, 09:44 AM
he's asian. foot long=inch long.

BoSox21
12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
does subway have a dogmeat foot-long?

Mr Crunchy
12-23-2008, 10:48 AM
when a sandwich shops claim to fame is making people lose weight isnt that a signal to stay the fuck away from there??
id rather eat my sister than a subway sandwich

rician blast
12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
I'll take Subway or Blimpie over MacDonald's, BK, Wendy's etc.

Processed turkey and ham may not be a delight, but the burger places fuck with my stomach big time.

BoSox21
12-23-2008, 11:18 AM
I've never understood why people go to Subway to get sandwiches that are easily made at home (turkey, ham, tuna, etc.) The meatball and chicken teriyaki sandwiches arent bad

rician blast
12-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I've never understood why people go to Subway to get sandwiches that are easily made at home (turkey, ham, tuna, etc.) The meatball and chicken teriyaki sandwiches arent bad

Convenience and when you price it out I don't think there's much of a difference.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
12-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I'll take Subway or Blimpie over MacDonald's, BK, Wendy's etc.

Processed turkey and ham may not be a delight, but the burger places fuck with my stomach big time.
So don't get burgers. Get some chicken.

ORS
12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Given the topic of discussion, I suppose it's ironic that we may be about to announce that we'll be adding Jared to the team.

I agree with Crunch and Rician. Subway does suck, and the burger joints do suck worse, so if I'm getting a sammich for lunch, it's from Publix deli with Boar's Head cold cuts. It takes no more time to get your sandwich made at Publix, and it might only cost a dollar or two more than Subway, but the quality is off the charts better. I'd put a Publix cold sub up against any sup shop I've been to, and I've been all up and down the east coast.

BoSox21
12-23-2008, 01:55 PM
What about Quiznos? Thats head and shoulders above the other sandwich shops in my book

ORS
12-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Quiznos is probably the best of the national chains. But just being a national chain means a sacrafice of quality for mass production, IMO.

If you ever come to Florida, find the closest supermarket. It's likely a Publix. Go to the deli and order a sandwich, you won't be disappointed. Just make sure you upgrade to premium (Boar's Head) meats. It's worth every dime, in quality.

BoSox21
12-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Sounds a lot like the local chain here in Montreal called Dagwoods. It's all cold cuts but they actually have the hunks of meat and cut the slices in front of you to order. Its good stuff

ORS
12-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, they slice cold cuts fresh every day to stock the deli for the traffic they get. If you are particular, they will cut slices to your liking right then and there. The quality of the meat is important, but I think a great sub starts with great bread. The Publix bakery is top notch. Some of the stuff there is not to my liking, but where they stand out is their fresh bread. Of course, your sandwich comes on a roll made that day.

Coco's Disciples
12-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah I'm not really into the Subways/Quiznos or McD's, etc. There is a 7 Subs for subs and Eagle's Deli for burgers (SOTK better know about Eagles). They're delicious.

schillingouttheks
12-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Quiznos is probably the best of the national chains. But just being a national chain means a sacrafice of quality for mass production, IMO.

If you ever come to Florida, find the closest supermarket. It's likely a Publix. Go to the deli and order a sandwich, you won't be disappointed. Just make sure you upgrade to premium (Boar's Head) meats. It's worth every dime, in quality.

I live in Boston, but when I visit my relatives in Florida I ALWAYS WANT TO GET A SANDWICH FROM PUBLIX.

I guess this is why. Good to see that it's not just me.

schillingouttheks
12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah I'm not really into the Subways/Quiznos or McD's, etc. There is a 7 Subs for subs and Eagle's Deli for burgers (SOTK better know about Eagles). They're delicious.

Of course I know about Eagles. You kiddin' me? I finished the 3 pound burger, and proceeded to sleep for like 36 hours. It took me a loooooong ass time to not feel like shit.

I don't understand how someone could ever eat the 5 pounder. It just won't work. Never.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
12-23-2008, 02:27 PM
This is making me hungry.

Coco's Disciples
12-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Of course I know about Eagles. You kiddin' me? I finished the 3 pound burger, and proceeded to sleep for like 36 hours. It took me a loooooong ass time to not feel like shit.

I don't understand how someone could ever eat the 5 pounder. It just won't work. Never.

Is the five pounder the Paul Jones/Eagles' Challenge? I've had the Godzilla a couple times but only after they stopped doing the polaroids on the wall. I don't think I could finish anything more than that.

ORS
12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I live in Boston, but when I visit my relatives in Florida I ALWAYS WANT TO GET A SANDWICH FROM PUBLIX.

I guess this is why. Good to see that it's not just me.
I haven't had a cold sub from any other place since I found out about their deli.

Hot subs are another story. The Publix cheesesteak is OK, but it's not a real cheesesteak, IMO. There's a place down the street called Jersey Mike's that makes a good one, although I prefer to make my own (using Publix bread, of course).

ORS
12-23-2008, 02:34 PM

I've only done one eating challenge in my life. When I got out of boot camp, I went to see my buddy in Blacksburg who was going to VTech. The bar we went to had a hot wings challenge. Eat 16 insanely hot chicken wing pieces in 30 mins and get something stupid, like a t-shirt. I did it. The amount of food was easy to handle, but the hot sauce was crazy, and I like spicy food. It practically ruined my night. My stomach was churning with the spice all night. I could hardly even drink beer. I've never done one since, nor will I.

schillingouttheks
12-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Is the five pounder the Paul Jones/Eagles' Challenge? I've had the Godzilla a couple times but only after they stopped doing the polaroids on the wall. I don't think I could finish anything more than that.

I forget which names are for which burger (Reilly, Paul Jones, Eagles Challenge) but I know King Kong is 1/2 pound I think and Godzilla is 1 lb. I was INSANELY hungry and decided to try the 3 lb burger. I don't understand how ANYONE could ever do the 5 lb burger. You would have to train for that for months. Eat shitloads of food to expand your stomach and then one day just go get the burger. No idea. I don't plan on doing it.

schillingouttheks
12-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I've only done one eating challenge in my life. When I got out of boot camp, I went to see my buddy in Blacksburg who was going to VTech. The bar we went to had a hot wings challenge. Eat 16 insanely hot chicken wing pieces in 30 mins and get something stupid, like a t-shirt. I did it. The amount of food was easy to handle, but the hot sauce was crazy, and I like spicy food. It practically ruined my night. My stomach was churning with the spice all night. I could hardly even drink beer. I've never done one since, nor will I.

Yeah. I can only imagine. I love spicy food as well, but there are some sauces that are just out of control.

The 3 lb burger I had wasn't even for anything, just pride. They used to take pictures of people and stick the Polaroids on the wall for those who finished their larger burgers, but they have since stopped as CoDisc mentioned. It also comes with 3 lb of fries and like 15 slices of cheese and bacon as well. I forgot to mention that part...

BoSox21
12-23-2008, 02:45 PM
A girl I'm friends with is convinced she can beat me in a chicken wing eating contest which is absolutely absurd. I look forward to destroying her in the coming weeks