PDA

View Full Version : New Star Trek movie

BSN07
05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Anyone seen it? If so what are your thoughts?

I watched last night. I like it a lot.

I am no Star Trek buff of anything like that. But I know the show and the characters for the most part. But I'm not sure if this movie is some huge breach in the original Star Trek storyline. Which if it does, I'm sure there will be people who hate it.

As for the main crew, Chris pine(Kirk),Zachary Quinto(Spock), and Karl Urban(Bones) Simon Pegg(Scotty(really funny)), John Cho(Sulu), and Anton Yelchin(Chekov) all captured the essence of their characters well.

Eric Bana as the bad guy was decent. The storyline was interesting at the very least.

I tend to like "prequel" type movies. I like a lot of the little details they throw in there. So maybe I have a small bias in the movie. That's why I am interested to here what everyone thinks of it.

Youk Of The Nation
05-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Fanfuckingtastic. Loved it. Seen it three times already. Easily in the top three when it comes to Trek movies. This is coming from someone who speaks a lot of Klingon and can name pretty much any ship that was even seen in the background of an episode.

BSN07
05-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Fanfuckingtastic. Loved it. Seen it three times already. Easily in the top three when it comes to Trek movies. This is coming from someone who speaks a lot of Klingon and can name pretty much any ship that was even seen in the background of an episode.

I'm sorry I honestly can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic:lol:

Spudboy
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM
My Son saw it Friday night and said it was really good.

ms_sox
05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Saw it yesterday. It was all right and I'd recommend it but I'd probably only rate it as a B or B-. Definitely funny and special effects/action were well done. Actors were cool/fine. It felt a bit hollow tho...and while I don't ever expect good science or realism from movies of this kind, this ST movie went so far overboard with plot holes/contrivances and fantasy science to get from one action sequence to another that I was more distractedly amused than suspension-of-disbelief entertained, if that makes sense.

But I could see myself liking it a lot more if it had come out 20 years ago, so I still give it props for being a good "reboot" and will see the sequels. :D

Youk Of The Nation
05-13-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry I honestly can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic:lol:

I'm being serious. And it's actually four times now.