PDA

View Full Version : DipreG, a700hitter, Jacko, and Jacoby's intelligent, civil conversation.

Dipre
06-19-2009, 09:19 PM
You need to think positive.

Speaking the truth and being a worst-case scenario loving douchebag are clearly a different thing, sir.

Use logic.

a700hitter
06-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Speaking the truth and being a worst-case scenario loving douchebag are clearly a different thing, sir.

Use logic.A bit testy, my Dominican friend. Have you been hitting the high-proof rum again. Give me an example where I hoped for a worst case scenario.

Dipre
06-19-2009, 09:37 PM
A bit testy, my Dominican friend. Have you been hitting the high-proof rum again. Give me an example where I hoped for a worst case scenario.

I don't drink rum.

I have hit the beer a bit tonight, but that is of no importance!

Are you serious?

You're Mr. Worst Case Scenario.

Just read the "Where's the Love for Brad Penny thread" and you'l find plenty of WCS ideas authored by a700.

a700hitter
06-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't drink rum.

I have hit the beer a bit tonight, but that is of no importance!

Are you serious?

You're Mr. Worst Case Scenario.

Just read the "Where's the Love for Brad Penny thread" and you'l find plenty of WCS ideas authored by a700.Not wanting to give away Penny for a below market return, because I believe that good starting pitching is at a premium is WCS. Sorry, but I think that is realistic and prudent. I think dumping Penny for a minor leaguer before Dice K gets on track or Smoltz proves himself healthy and productive is not very wise, and I don't think you will see the FO do that.

Dipre
06-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Not wanting to give away Penny for a below market return, because I believe that good starting pitching is at a premium is WCS. Sorry, but I think that is realistic and prudent. I think dumping Penny for a minor leaguer before Dice K gets on track or Smoltz proves himself healthy and productive is not very wise, and I don't think you will see the FO do that.

Fail.

You know what i mean.

I mean the part where you broke down every starting pitcher and named a reason why they could explode right in our faces.

That, my friend, is pessimism.

jacksonianmarch
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
every starting pitcher can explode at any time, it is just simple body mechanics. That being said, Beckett isnt the most durable horse in the barn, Lester had a big innings jump and has been inconsistent, Penny has a bum shoulder ticking and waiting, Smoltz has a repaired shoulder, DiceK is sucking balls, and Wake has a torn labrum and a history of back issues. You have a surplus here. You have MLB ready kids in waiting but do you really think they will take well to the pressure in Boston down the stretch with the yankees breathing down their throat? By dealing Penny, you are in a sense saying that you would trust Buch or Bowden in August and September if something were to go awry in terms of injury (which it will, nobody's rotation stays healthy all yr).

a700hitter
06-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Fail.

You know what i mean.

I mean the part where you broke down every starting pitcher and named a reason why they could explode right in our faces.

That, my friend, is pessimism.Expressing concern that a 42 year old coming off reconstructive shoulder surgery may have performance and durability issues, or that Bucholz may not be the answer because he sucked last year, or that Bowden might not be ready is pessimism? Really? I think they are valid concerns and reasons not to trade Penny unless it is for a very good return. I'll make a prediction. After Dice K's latest debacle, I don't think the FO will trade Penny unless Dice K turns it around quick and maintains it for about 4-5 starts. Maybe they are just worst case scenario negative "douchebags."

Dipre
06-19-2009, 10:06 PM
every starting pitcher can explode at any time, it is just simple body mechanics. That being said, Beckett isnt the most durable horse in the barn, Lester had a big innings jump and has been inconsistent, Penny has a bum shoulder ticking and waiting, Smoltz has a repaired shoulder, DiceK is sucking balls, and Wake has a torn labrum and a history of back issues. You have a surplus here. You have MLB ready kids in waiting but do you really think they will take well to the pressure in Boston down the stretch with the yankees breathing down their throat? By dealing Penny, you are in a sense saying that you would trust Buch or Bowden in August and September if something were to go awry in terms of injury (which it will, nobody's rotation stays healthy all yr).

How about you shut the fuck up.

The point is not me advocating to trade Penny, which right now, with Dice's suck, is an exercise in futility.

I'm merely refering to the fact that a700 is a pessimist, and the fact that his arguments and your anti-Sox ramblings are eerily similar about proves my point.

Thanks.

a700hitter
06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
How about you shut the fuck up.You get this nasty from beer. It takes a lot of rum to get me that angry. Either you are a light weight with booze or you are not getting laid.:dunno:

Dipre
06-19-2009, 10:21 PM
You get this nasty from beer. It takes a lot of rum to get me that angry. Either you are a light weight with booze or you are not getting laid.:dunno:

I'm not angry.

I'm just a little tired of Jacko's recycled garbage.

Teddyballgame10
06-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm not angry.

I'm just a little tired of Jacko's recycled garbage.

He has a point I think people are jumping the gun on trading Penny. We have a lot of potential behind him but nothing guaranteed.

Dipre
06-19-2009, 10:43 PM

The point is not me advocating to trade Penny, which right now, with Dice's suck, is an exercise in futility.

I'm merely refering to the fact that a700 is a pessimist, and the fact that his arguments and your anti-Sox ramblings are eerily similar about proves my point.

Thanks.

He has a point I think people are jumping the gun on trading Penny. We have a lot of potential behind him but nothing guaranteed.

Reading the posts before is your friend.

a700hitter
06-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Reading the posts before is your friend.I see. You agree with me about Penny, but you want make to the point that my reasons for not wanting to trade him are pessimistic while your reasons are positive. I just thought it was that I had a little foresight thinking that Dice K might still suck for a while, but it took you until tonight for Dice K to scare you off the Trade Penny Bandwagon. My bad.

Dipre
06-19-2009, 11:16 PM
I see. You agree with me about Penny, but you want make to the point that my reasons for not wanting to trade him are pessimistic while your reasons are positive. I just thought it was that I had a little foresight thinking that Dice K might still suck for a while, but it took you until tonight for Dice K to scare you off the Trade Penny Bandwagon. My bad.

FAIL.

If you want to say i advocated trading for Penny, then you need to prove it, and you won't be able to because it's not true.

I just said you're pessimistic 'cause you are.

You take every chance you get to punce on either the FO or the players, and the Penny thread was just an example which you're twisting around.

If the Penny thread is getting your panties in a bunch, then the Papelbon one will make you jump off a boat.

jacksonianmarch
06-19-2009, 11:49 PM

Thanks.

I see you cant handle your liquor. Tomorrow, please post when your head is pounding and your gut feels like it wants to burst out of your belly. It will be amusing. STOP TYPING SO LOUD, JEEZ.

jacksonianmarch
06-19-2009, 11:51 PM
FAIL.

If you want to say i advocated trading for Penny, then you need to prove it, and you won't be able to because it's not true.

I just said you're pessimistic 'cause you are.

You take every chance you get to punce on either the FO or the players, and the Penny thread was just an example which you're twisting around.

If the Penny thread is getting your panties in a bunch, then the Papelbon one will make you jump off a boat.

this fail crap has to stop. It makes you look like a moron. And btw, what self respecting sox fan has never been to fenway? Thats like saying you're Christian but you havent been to church. Hell, I've been to fenway a few times and I even played there. And I hate the sox

a700hitter
06-19-2009, 11:52 PM
FAIL.

I just said you're pessimistic 'cause you are.I'm still wondering why my reasons for wanting to keep Penny are pessimistic, but your reasons are some how positive. What are your reasons for not wanting to trade Penny?

You take every chance you get to punce on either the FO or the players, and the Penny thread was just an example which you're twisting around.I do? Which players don't I like? I am just curious. As for the FO, I have acknowledged many times that they are a talented group, but being human they do make some mistakes, and they generally acknowledge their mistakes. BTW Criticizing someone for mistakes is not pessimism, especially since I am convinced that they have and will continue to take the necessary counter-measures when they make a mistake.

If the Penny thread is getting your panties in a bunch, then the Papelbon one will make you jump off a boat.It's all in good fun for me. You should try taking things a little lighter. Are you sure that you are Dominican? I thought things were a little more laid back there. I apologize for using the term "laid." Maybe that is rubbing you the wrong way.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-19-2009, 11:55 PM
this fail crap has to stop. It makes you look like a moron. And btw, what self respecting sox fan has never been to fenway? Thats like saying you're Christian but you havent been to church. Hell, I've been to fenway a few times and I even played there. And I hate the sox
Fucking dipshit, maybe he's from another fucking country and doesn't have the means to get to Fenway?? Or maybe not the will to travel that far?? What a toolish fucking thing to say. LULZ Y D0NT U G0 2 GAEMZ!!!!

I've only been to a Sox game once in my life. I guess that makes me a pretty shitty fan too, despite the fact that tickets are expensive as fuck and I don't really have the desire or means to pay out the ass for that kind of stuff. Fuck all the t-shirts and other gear I have sitting around my fucking house as proof of my fandom.

Dipre
06-19-2009, 11:58 PM
I think Jacko's the one who can't handle his liquor. :D

Oh, and fail is awesome, douchebag.

And a700, trying to prove the obvious is not necessary.

You're a pessimist, plain and simple.

OMFG TEH FO XUZORRRRRR DEY R LET PAPS GOOOOO!!!!1111!!!!

Coco's Disciples
06-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Watch the gamezzzz in personnnnnn

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Watch the gamezzzz in personnnnnn

And handle the liquor while at it.

a700hitter
06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
I think Jacko's the one who can't handle his liquor. :D

Oh, and fail is awesome, douchebag.

And a700, trying to prove the obvious is not necessary.

You're a pessimist, plain and simple.

OMFG TEH FO XUZORRRRRR DEY R LET PAPS GOOOOO!!!!1111!!!!Of course I must be a pessimist, because I challenge stupidity and naivete. I never said that the Sox will not be good if Papelbon leaves. Never said that once. I do believe that they will not make the playoffs as consistently when he is is gone. I am on record on this forum several times saying the same thing about the Yankees and Mo. I think the Yankees will still be good, but they will not make the playoffs so consistently. Is that pessimistic? Maybe I just put a different value on "lock down" closer than you do. Smoke some weed and chill. They got good weed in the DR... no? Have some.

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Of course I must be a pessimist, because I challenge stupidity and naivete. I never said that the Sox will not be good if Papelbon leaves. Never said that once. I do believe that they will not make the playoffs as consistently when he is is gone. I am on record on this forum several times saying the same thing about the Yankees and Mo. I think the Yankees will still be good, but they will not make the playoffs so consistently. Is that pessimistic? Maybe I just put a different value on "lock down" closer than you do. Smoke some weed and chill. They got good weed in the DR... no? Have some.

You know what's stupid?

Making Jonathan Papelbon the best paid member on this team.

Now that's stupid.

And guess what?

You're the only one who supports such a stupid idea.

Youk Of The Nation
Everyone needs to chill the fuck out.

This is like an argument in a high school cafeteria.

DipreG: 700 wants the Sox to win just like you do. He simply has a way of looking at things that you disagree with. I find his attempts at injecting reality into fandom refreshing.

Jacko: Not everyone can make it to Fenway. DiPreG lives in another country. I live one state away and I can barely go because of the prices

And everyone. Enough with the damned personal attacking. There's no reason to preface a valid criticism with a comment about someone else's drinking habits or whatever.

Calm.

Down.

That is all.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
You know what's stupid?

Making Jonathan Papelbon the best paid member on this team.

Now that's stupid.

And guess what?

You're the only one who supports such a stupid idea.
We'll need Bard for depth.

Coco's Disciples
06-20-2009, 12:09 AM
The truth: spoken by YOTN.

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:09 AM
We'll need Bard for depth.

No single member of the Red Sox will make or break this team.

That's all i'm sayin' about Papelbon.

Spudboy
06-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Fucking dipshit, maybe he's from another fucking country and doesn't have the means to get to Fenway?? Or maybe not the will to travel that far?? What a toolish fucking thing to say. LULZ Y D0NT U G0 2 GAEMZ!!!!

I've only been to a Sox game once in my life. I guess that makes me a pretty shitty fan too, despite the fact that tickets are expensive as fuck and I don't really have the desire or means to pay out the ass for that kind of stuff. Fuck all the t-shirts and other gear I have sitting around my fucking house as proof of my fandom.

I have to agree with J_E here. Sox fandom can't be measured in Fenway attendance.
I can't afford to go to many games now. But I venture to say I've been to many more games than the Doctor has been to over the last 40 years. Does that make me less of a devoted fan?

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:12 AM
I have to agree with J_E here. Sox fandom can't be measured in Fenway attendance.
I can't afford to go to many games now. But I venture to say I've been to many more games than the Doctor has been to over the last 40 years. Does that make me less of a devoted fan?

There is much win in this post.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm not a tr00 Bucs fan either, since I've never even been to the state of Florida. Poor FAILeriffic me.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-20-2009, 12:17 AM
What, no mention for me in the title?

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Jesus, i should be made mod of anything goes, since basically every fight that ends up here has me smack dab in the middle.

a700hitter
06-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Jesus, i should be made mod of anything goes, since basically every fight that ends up here has me smack dab in the middle.That should tell you something. Maybe you are a very difficult, negative personality.

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:21 AM
That should tell you something. Maybe you are a very difficult, negative personality.

Or maybe i just don't take bullshit from pompous dumbasses.

a700hitter
06-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Or maybe i just don't take bullshit from pompous dumbasses.
I am glad you got that off your chest. That kind of stuff can eat your insides if you don't let it out. Good night.

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:23 AM
I am glad you got that off your chest. That kind of stuff can eat your insides if you don't let it out. Good night.

Oh that's why i always let them out.............and they end up in Anything Goes.

Youk Of The Nation
06-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Maybe we'll rename the forum 'DipreG's Adventures'

Youk Of The Nation
06-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Alright, I'm going to go toss back a few and head to bed, everyone. Stay sane.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-20-2009, 12:26 AM
That should tell you something. Maybe you are a very difficult, negative personality.
Interesting duality thing with you. Peace monger in some forums... baiting, snot-breathing insect in others.

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Full fledged forum combat + witty comment= Ensuing hilarity.

Spudboy
06-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Everyone needs to chill the fuck out.

This is like an argument in a high school cafeteria.

DipreG: 700 wants the Sox to win just like you do. He simply has a way of looking at things that you disagree with. I find his attempts at injecting reality into fandom refreshing.

Jacko: Not everyone can make it to Fenway. DiPreG lives in another country. I live one state away and I can barely go because of the prices

And everyone. Enough with the damned personal attacking. There's no reason to preface a valid criticism with a comment about someone else's drinking habits or whatever.

Calm.

Down.

That is all.

Well put YOTN.

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Well put YOTN.

How in heaven's name did you end up here Spudboy? :dunno:

a700hitter
06-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Interesting duality thing with you. Peace monger in some forums... baiting, snot-breathing insect in others.
I am complicated.

Spudboy
06-20-2009, 12:40 AM
All this because the Red Sox lost. Pitiful. Funny though.

Peace everyone.

Spudboy
06-20-2009, 12:46 AM
How in heaven's name did you end up here Spudboy? :dunno:

Do you mean how did I end up in this thread, or how did I end up on talksox?

I've been on the thread all night. I found talksox when I Googled Hunter Jones when he was called-up. Talksox came up as a search result. I thought it was the funniest shit I'd seen since Blazing Saddles. How could I resist?:o

Dipre
06-20-2009, 12:46 AM
The Red Sox do not need to lose for awesomeness like this to happen.

Coco's Disciples
06-20-2009, 01:07 AM
I found talksox when I Googled Hunter Jones when he was called-up. Talksox came up as a search result. I thought it was the funniest shit I'd seen since Blazing Saddles. How could I resist?:o

So you came here when you saw Dojji shooting his wad over Hunter Jones? You're right, that was funny.

Spudboy
06-20-2009, 01:29 AM
So you came here when you saw Dojji shooting his wad over Hunter Jones? You're right, that was funny.

While I vaguely remember Dojji's comments, I was smitten by the obscure humor, dim wit, futile sarcasm, and overall sociopathic (sp) banter. I couldn't resist joining.

Long live talksox!

Dipre
06-20-2009, 07:11 AM
You, sir, have over 2,100 posts already.

I salute you!

castigs850
06-20-2009, 10:18 AM
fuck everyone

Soxfan#1
06-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Jesus, i should be made mod of anything goes, since basically every fight that ends up here has me smack dab in the middle.

Funny how that is...

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Funny how that is...
You complain about us being bullies, and then you go into random threads to incite shit with us. Isn't that interesting.

YAZMAN
06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp161/Photofucket-bucket/BullShit_meter.gif

Dipre
06-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Funny how that is...

You complain about us being bullies, and then you go into random threads to incite shit with us. Isn't that interesting.

This.

Soxfan#1= Bullshit speweing, fight inciting, running coward dumbass.

castigs850
06-20-2009, 01:33 PM
IM ON HIS SIDE FUCKERS

Dipre
06-20-2009, 01:34 PM
IM ON HIS SIDE FUCKERS

Then failure is surely on his side as well.

yeszir
06-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Ugggh

Gom
06-20-2009, 01:57 PM
This thread is awesome. Jacko, when you're not arguing with me, you can actually hold your own. I'm impressed.

YAZMAN
06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
It's craptastic.

Coco's Disciples
06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Ugggh

This is really stupid.

Spudboy
06-20-2009, 03:59 PM

This is really stupid.

You said it. Sure is.

Dipre
06-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Male bonding is what this thread is.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-20-2009, 07:47 PM
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp161/Photofucket-bucket/BullShit_meter.gif
Big lulz.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
All of you fucking suck

Dipre
06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
^Says the guy with the cartoon dog as an avatar.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 07:31 PM
^Says the guy with the cartoon dog as an avatar.

ftidAFcJ_EQ

This is the new best post in the thread kthx

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
All of you fucking suck
Post fail, avatar fail, poster fail.

FAIL.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 07:45 PM

FAIL.

Truth, truth, truth.

TRUTH.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM

FAIL.

Truth, truth, truth.

TRUTH.

lol internet tough guys

You guys should probably just go masturbate to some Slayer and browse failbog to find some really sweet fail pics to post, because, really, I can't get enough of that shit.

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Can we get a picture of a cat with 'fail' on it? Not sure I've seen that one.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
lol internet tough guys

You guys should probably just go masturbate to some Slayer and browse failbog to find some really sweet fail pics to post, because, really, I can't get enough of that shit.
Way ahead of you. Just gave Hell Awaits a listen, and I can barely browse because of the massive amounts of semen on my monitor.

Oh yeah, and...

http://palmwebos.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/vader-fail.jpg

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/s/soccer_fail-12850.jpg

http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/epic-fail.jpg

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol_you_fail-12821.jpg

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fail-owned-clearance-price-deal-fail.jpg

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/fail-owned-dairy-queen-billboard-scream-fail.jpg

http://grimstveit.no/jakob/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/shipment-of-fail.jpg

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Can we get a picture of a cat with 'fail' on it? Not sure I've seen that one.
http://www.changetowin.org/connect/images/fail.jpg

There you go, snookems.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
:rolleyes:

No cat pictures? I really love those.

Can I request until you have an opinion worth having you keep them to yourself?

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the cat picture champ.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Ok this is getting ridiculuous.

Just stfu.

And Kilo, you started it, so shut up and stop it.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM

No cat pictures? I really love those.

http://www.catwack.com/pics/1041_thumb.jpg (http://www.catwack.com/newest1005.htm)

http://www.catwack.com/pics/1060_thumb.jpg (http://www.catwack.com/newest1023.htm)

http://www.catwack.com/pics/1051_thumb.jpg (http://www.catwack.com/newest1014.htm)

http://www.catwack.com/pics/1044_thumb.jpg (http://www.catwack.com/newest1007.htm)

http://www.catwack.com/pics/1050_thumb.jpg (http://www.catwack.com/newest1013.htm)

Can I request until you have an opinion worth having you keep them to yourself?

Request considered, and denied.

May the FAIL be with you.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the cat picture champ.
Well you are very welcome.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM

Just stfu.

Shuddup, 1nt1rnet tuff gye

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.burned.org/gallery/d/1515-3/import_drivin_e_thug.jpg

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:33 PM

Just stfu.

How the fuck did I start it?

This thread sucks. It really does. I made a comment on how much it sucks, and I get a "says the guy with the cartoon dog avatar lol LOL fail fail" bullshit.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Shuddup, 1nt1rnet tuff gye

http://www.burned.org/gallery/d/1515-3/import_drivin_e_thug.jpg

You guys should play the victim some more, it's really awesome

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm going to put some executive input into this and say.....

Stop.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:36 PM
You came in and said "You guys all suck".

That's like "Instant shitstorm, just add water"

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
How the fuck did I start it?

This thread sucks. It really does. I made a comment on how much it sucks, and I get a "says the guy with the cartoon dog avatar lol LOL fail fail" bullshit.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/fail-owned-buy-baby-fail.jpg?w=467&h=700

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm going to put some executive input into this and say.....

Stop.

You should executively DELETE this thread to stop all the FAIL.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:40 PM
You should executively DELETE this thread to stop all the FAIL.
He can't, I don't think he has mod rights in here.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:41 PM
You came in and said "You guys all suck".

That's like "Instant shitstorm, just add water"

For internet tough guys who two sure are sensitive.

I'm done with this because apparently one's avatar has become the judge of how positive a contributor one is.

That, and I don't want to be bombarded with any more fail or cat pictures, I've had my fill for today, thank you.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Come on Kilo, you know we love you (in a non-gay way)

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:43 PM
This is fucking hilarious.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I know, but he seems to be taking the interwebz seriously.

Big mistake.

(Oh, and he has a cartoon dog as an avatar).

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
*Cue Internet = Serious Business pic*

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
*Cue Internet = Serious Business pic*
http://downloads.shizo.eu/Crossfire/internet_serious_business4.jpg

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:50 PM
This thread just took a left turn into awesome avenue.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Predictable

every post is the same

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Predictable

every post is awesome

Fixed

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Predictable

every post is the same
Probably because all your FAILs are the same -- embarrassing, petty, and quite funny.

SIK BERN

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Ughhhhhhh

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Ughhhhhhh
You like it.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Probably because all your FAILs are the same -- embarrassing, petty, and quite funny.

SIK BERN

4chan is thataway

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
You like it.

I do nay. You guys are all ridiculous.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 08:57 PM

What's the thing with you and nay?

Seriously, i wanna know.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
You're ridiculous.

Ooooh, I see fun police viewing the thread (Youk haz authoritez). *runs*

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Agreed. When you can't say what you want to say without a picture with a one word caption, maybe you shouldn't be saying it. The amount of personal problems between members on this site rivals that of Fark or 4chan. You guys need to chill out and remember that you're all Red Sox fans, you're all mature (to a degree), and most importantly, your constant bickering is really obnoxious to the mods.

Coco's Disciples
What's the thing with you and nay?

Seriously, i wanna know.

I'm old-timey.

Youk Of The Nation
I'm old-timey.

Dude. You're like ten. :lol:

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Agreed. When you can't say what you want to say without a picture with a one word caption, maybe you shouldn't be saying it. The amount of personal problems between members on this site rivals that of Fark or 4chan. You guys need to chill out and remember that you're all Red Sox fans, you're all mature (to a degree), and most importantly, your constant bickering is really obnoxious to the mods.
Where's the bickering? How is what I'm doing out of line? I'm just fucking around, Dipre's just fucking around (harmlessly, not even insulting anyone), and certain others are getting twisted panties about it for no reason. It is AG, not like we're doing this in a game thread.

Since when have other people's 2 second whine-fuses been a basis for a mod to make a 'cut it out' post? The most inflammatory post in this back-and-forth is etched in my sig, and was directed at me.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm old-timey.

That is fucking hysterical.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:04 PM
How is what I'm doing out of line? I'm just fucking around, Dipre's just fucking around (harmlessly, not even insulting anyone), and certain others are getting twisted panties about it for no reason. It is AG, not like we're doing this in a game thread.

Seconded.

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Dude. You're like ten. :lol:

<_< I was kidding...

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Where's the bickering? How is what I'm doing out of line? I'm just fucking around, Dipre's just fucking around (harmlessly, not even insulting anyone), and certain others are getting twisted panties about it for no reason. It is AG, not like we're doing this in a game thread.

Since when have other people's 2 second whine-fuses been a basis for a mod to make a 'cut it out' post?

Do whatever you want in AG. You guys (in general, not just you and DipreG) just have a problem keeping these petty arguments in this forum.

This is a place to talk about baseball and the Red Sox, and how much we love both (Yankees fans excluded). Hence the name 'TalkSox'. This is not 'TalkShit'. I can never understand why people on this site dislike each other so much. This person hates this person, that person doesn't like what this person views the team as, this guy doesn't like that guy...we are all baseball fans, no? I wholeheartedly disagree with many things other posters say about baseball, as I'm sure do SOTK, YesZir, Coco, ORS, SFOC, Spudboy, et cetera. But what we do is debate. You guys just post a picture of a cat or a crashed car and type 'fail' in all caps, secure in your knowledge that you are so awesome. Guess what? You aren't. People in the real world who laugh at people they disagree with and say 'haha faaaaiiil' to them usually get fired, beaten up, or ridiculed, unless they go into the conservative talk radio business.

I came to this site 4 years ago, and when I did, there was nowhere near this level of personal animosity between members. I have no idea what possesses someone to take such a disliking to another person based on what they type, but whatever it is, it reeks of immaturity.

You want to do this crap, do it here in AG or General OTC. No more LOLZ FAIL in any other forum that has to do with BASEBALL. You know, what we all came here for.

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 09:15 PM
*Slow claps*

I don't hate anyone on the board. Except BOY. Hell, even Thumper was amusingly retarded. But moving on...

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I only hate crunchy because of the way he posts. It makes my eyeballs hurt. :lol:

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 09:17 PM
I only hate crunchy because of the way he posts. It makes my eyeballs hurt. :lol:

Yeah but he's hilarious, so he makes up for it.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Do whatever you want in AG. You guys (in general, not just you and DipreG) just have a problem keeping these petty arguments in this forum.

This is a place to talk about baseball and the Red Sox, and how much we love both (Yankees fans excluded). Hence the name 'TalkSox'. This is not 'TalkShit'. I can never understand why people on this site dislike each other so much. This person hates this person, that person doesn't like what this person views the team as, this guy doesn't like that guy...we are all baseball fans, no? I wholeheartedly disagree with many things other posters say about baseball, as I'm sure do SOTK, YesZir, Coco, ORS, SFOC, Spudboy, et cetera. But what we do is debate. You guys just post a picture of a cat or a crashed car and type 'fail' in all caps, secure in your knowledge that you are so awesome. Guess what? You aren't. People in the real world who laugh at people they disagree with and say 'haha faaaaiiil' to them usually get fired, beaten up, or ridiculed, unless they go into the conservative talk radio business.

I came to this site 4 years ago, and when I did, there was nowhere near this level of personal animosity between members. I have no idea what possesses someone to take such a disliking to another person based on what they type, but whatever it is, it reeks of immaturity.

You want to do this crap, do it here in AG or General OTC. No more LOLZ FAIL in any other forum that has to do with BASEBALL. You know, what we all came here for.

I agree 100%.

Well said, YOTN.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:20 PM
You guys just post a picture of a cat or a crashed car and type 'fail' in all caps, secure in your knowledge that you are so awesome. Guess what? You aren't. People in the real world who laugh at people they disagree with and say 'haha faaaaiiil' to them usually get fired, beaten up, or ridiculed, unless they go into the conservative talk radio business.

Am I really getting a 'real world' lecture on an internet forum? Yes, I'm aware of all that. Which is why I reserve my fucking around for a forum in which I used to be able to just fuck around in. Looking like those days are coming to a close though, with all the uptight bullshit running through this place lately.

You want to do this crap, do it here in AG or General OTC. No more LOLZ FAIL in any other forum that has to do with BASEBALL.

Where do I post fail macros outside of the two forums you just mentioned? I don't, I reserve it for in here.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah but he's hilarious, so he makes up for it.

Exactly. But if I ever meet him in person, I'm going to draw some random punctuation marks on one side of a two-by-four, and the words 'Capital letters' and 'Paragraph structure' on the other and wallop him with it.

Then buy him a beer.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.talksox.com/forum/general-baseball-forum/12248-anti-fantasy-league-draft-picks-13.html#post421419

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:23 PM

With all due respect, mr. mod, i call bullshit.

I nay (lol CD) dislike anyone on this board, not even Diony, who's actually a good friend of mine IRL.

Most of the things i say i say in good fun, this is the fucking internet, so what i think should be done is not take things seriously or personally.

We're messing around with people who we do not know, and again, all in good fun.

Taking things seriously on the internet, THAT'S immaturity.

Everyone here contributes something, and if sometimes we bring a little fun into the mix, then all right, because if all we did was talk stats or baseball this would be a boring site.

If what you wrote is how you really feel, then i fully expect you to call out anyone who talks about something non-baseball related in any baseball-related forum and vice-versa.

That is all.

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
You're friends with Diony? PLOT TWIST!

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
I nay (lol CD) dislike anyone on this board, not even Diony, who's actually a good friend of mine IRL.

Ummm.... what?

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Am I really getting a 'real world' lecture on an internet forum? Yes, I'm aware of all that. Which is why I reserve my fucking around for a forum in which I used to be able to just fuck around in. Looking like those days are coming to a close though, with all the uptight bullshit running through this place lately.

Where do I post fail macros outside of the two forums you just mentioned? I don't, I reserve it for in here.

That 'uptight bullshit' is what this forum USED to be like, how this forum started, and how it should be. I insult people. Everyone here does, except for Spudboy. I think I've even seen SFOC insult someone once. There's a difference between that and Gom and Jacko attacking every post the other makes, you and DipreG getting into arguments with just about everyone, and the general level of intolerance that has seeped into this board in the last year or so.

I'm not just talking about FAIL pictures either. I'm talking about posting the word 'FAIL' after someone says something, ten times in one thread. I'm talking about the large number of people on this board (not you specifically) who talk almost nothing about baseball, the Red Sox, or anything else that could be remotely construed as intelligence.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
Dood I know.

Dipre

Sure.

We went to the same school, we see each other with some regularity, and we actually live close to each other.

We just talk shit to each other here IN GOOD FUN, because this IS THE INTERNET.

THE INTERNET, Jesus Christ.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:26 PM
I think there's a middle ground though, we can contribute and have a good time and enjoy ourselves and not continue with the "FAIL" one liners because, really, they've run their course.

It's not amusing, it's not funny, it's getting really annoying.

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I insult people. Everyone here does, except for Spudboy.

For some reason I lol'd at this. Spudboy is basically a saint.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I think there's a middle ground though, we can contribute and have a good time and enjoy ourselves and not continue with the "FAIL" one liners because, really, they've run their course.

Ok, we'll be all businesslike from now on.

But please expect being called out on any "funny" one-liners from here on out.

Good night to you, sir.

Spudboy
06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I agree with everything YOTN said. There is nothing on TV so I've been following this thread. I need to get my life back!

I don't have a problem with sophomoric and otherwise silly posts on AG. But when it shows up on the GT and becomes tit for tat personal attacks as it did a couple of games ago, it is out of place and makes this board look foolish. I sincerely hope that there is no ill will intended by those involved tonight as you are all cool guys. And as Youk said, we all are Sox fans.

Spudboy
06-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Exactly. But if I ever meet him in person, I'm going to draw some random punctuation marks on one side of a two-by-four, and the words 'Capital letters' and 'Paragraph structure' on the other and wallop him with it.

Then buy him a beer.

Hahhahahahaha!

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:30 PM
That 'uptight bullshit' is what this forum USED to be like, how this forum started, and how it should be. I insult people. Everyone here does, except for Spudboy. I think I've even seen SFOC insult someone once. There's a difference between that and Gom and Jacko attacking every post the other makes, you and DipreG getting into arguments with just about everyone, and the general level of intolerance that has seeped into this board in the last year or so.

I don't hate anyone here. I grow irritated with certain people at certain times, and I rarely hide it, but it doesn't last. There is no difference between me and Dipre's arguments with others or your insults, because its all in good fun, as you said.

With the Dipre/Diony thing seeing a plot twist just now, the only two people here I think legitamitely hate each other are jacko and Gom (and granted, those are some of my favorite moments on this board).

I'm not just talking about FAIL pictures either. I'm talking about posting the word 'FAIL' after someone says something, ten times in one thread. I'm talking about the large number of people on this board (not you specifically) who talk almost nothing about baseball, the Red Sox, or anything else that could be remotely construed as intelligence.

Not me specifically = I'm 'not the only one' who never posts constructively about the Red Sox (which would be wrong), or simply poor wording?

And again, I mostly save it in here. If I utter 'fail' outside this forum or OT, its just a way of saying someone else's argument on a given point, well, fails (i.e. sucks).

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:31 PM
With all due respect, mr. mod, i call bullshit.

Most of the things i say i say in good fun, this is the fucking internet, so what i think should be done is not take things seriously or personally.

We're messing around with people who we do not know, and again, all in good fun.

Taking things seriously on the internet, THAT'S immaturity.

Everyone here contributes something, and if sometimes we bring a little fun into the mix, then all right, because if all we did was talk stats or baseball this would be a boring site.

If what you wrote is how you really feel, then i fully expect you to call out anyone who talks about something non-baseball related in any baseball-related forum and vice-versa.

That is all.

The gamethreads are for chatting during the game. Conversations wander. But when I have to split off gigantic chunks of threads and move them to this forum, that means it's gone past an acceptable limit.

And let me give you my definition of immaturity: Using the anonymity of the Internet to justify acting like a child. If you can't act like you do in real life on the Internet, or vice versa, then putting up a special personality front is the ultimate immaturity. I act no differently here than I do in the outside world.

Maybe I just don't know how to relate with you guys, since I haven't talked to anyone my age in a long time.

And since it's getting pretty obvious that no matter what the 'powers' that be (not that we have any actual authority) say or do, you guys will continue using the 'but I should be able to act like a juvenile on the internet!' argument, maybe it's time to put someone else who also is a completely different person online in charge of the forum.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:31 PM

Good night to you, sir.

Yeah, this is totally what I'm asking for.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't hate anyone here. I grow irritated with certain people at certain times, and I rarely hide it, but it doesn't last. There is no difference between me and Dipre's arguments with others or your insults, because its all in good fun, as you said.

With the Dipre/Diony thing seeing a plot twist just now, the only two people here I think legitamitely hate each other are jacko and Gom (and granted, those are some of my favorite moments on this board).

Not me specifically = I'm 'not the only one' who never posts constructively about the Red Sox (which would be wrong), or simply poor wording?

And again, I mostly save it in here. If I utter 'fail' outside this forum or OT, its just a way of saying someone else's argument on a given point, well, fails (i.e. sucks).

Poor wording. You do contribute to the baseball discussion. Have you ever considered rebutting an argument from someone? Because I doubt anyone else is going to be convinced of your side by that persuasive one word argument.

Dipre
The gamethreads are for chatting during the game. Conversations wander. But when I have to split off gigantic chunks of threads and move them to this forum, that means it's gone past an acceptable limit.

And let me give you my definition of immaturity: Using the anonymity of the Internet to justify acting like a child. If you can't act like you do in real life on the Internet, or vice versa, then putting up a special personality front is the ultimate immaturity. I act no differently here than I do in the outside world.

Maybe I just don't know how to relate with you guys, since I haven't talked to anyone my age in a long time.

And since it's getting pretty obvious that no matter what the 'powers' that be (not that we have any actual authority) say or do, you guys will continue using the 'but I should be able to act like a juvenile on the internet!' argument, maybe it's time to put someone else who also is a completely different person online in charge of the forum.

Nah.

We'll be all businesslike from now on.

We admit you're right.

Jacoby_Ellsbury

There's plenty of things on this forum that never were funny and annoy the dick out of me. But I don't voice those, because I'm of the belief that everyone should rightfully have their own brand of humor.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:33 PM

Good night to you, sir.

One liners with wit will always outweigh the exact same word every time. Just a tip.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Poor wording. You do contribute to the baseball discussion. Have you ever considered rebutting an argument from someone? Because I doubt anyone else is going to be convinced of your side by that persuasive one word argument.
It isn't uttered as a one liner either, it usually goes as follows... 'FAIL, *reason why argument sucks*, *solution*'.

I don't see how something like that will shatter the earth's crust.

Youk Of The Nation
PS: Has anyone noticed how I've been typing replies to everyone about this topic instead of posting FAIL and smugly ending the debate?

It works much better.

Dipre
One liners with wit will always outweigh the exact same word every time. Just a tip.

Witty sarcasm should not be permitted in the GT.

The GTs are for baseball talk.

Just sayin'

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Nah.

We admit you're right.

You're also not allowed to have facial hair, and you need to wear a suit when traveling.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Nah.

We admit you're right.

If it gets rid of "FAIL" I'm all for it

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:36 PM
It won't shatter the Earth's crust. Only four things can accomplish that. An asteroid, an as-yet unknown alien species with superior weaponry, a supernova, or Rosie O'Donnell falling off of a ten-story building.

But when something that two posters do have gotten a negative reaction from ten or fifteen others, most people would agree that for the sake of the community that is our corner of Sox Nation, those posters should give it a rest.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:36 PM
PS: Has anyone noticed how I've been typing replies to everyone about this topic instead of posting FAIL and smugly ending the debate?

It works much better.

It's refreshing.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:37 PM

Just sayin'

You're really not this dense, are you?

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:38 PM

Just sayin'

And almost all of the jokes in the GT are baseball related, so that argument is more or less invalid, though I know you aren't really arguing, just being sarcastic because you have already decided you're right and everyone else is a stuffy prig.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:39 PM

Who really cares? Internet = anonymity, like it or not. Maybe its a place for some of us to unwind when we're not dealing with our miserable fucking jobs, our idiot parents, an incoming foreclosure, or other random shit that plagues our lives, and we treat it as such by fucking around and talking baseball, as opposed to joining the nazi forum known as SoSH and having to make 30-line documents about nothing to ensure that we won't be banned for what they deem a lack of contribution.

I think I've uttered the word 'fail' in real life (in this context), oh, 3 seperate times. Is this an issue? Not really.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:39 PM
It won't shatter the Earth's crust. Only four things can accomplish that. An asteroid, an as-yet unknown alien species with superior weaponry, a supernova, or Rosie O'Donnell falling off of a ten-story building.

But when something that two posters do have gotten a negative reaction from ten or fifteen others, most people would agree that for the sake of the community that is our corner of Sox Nation, those posters should give it a rest.

This.

Typical YOTN humor which, for me, ranges from mildly to extremely annoying.

Yet you don't see me calling you out for it.

Guess it doesn't work both ways.

It's a forum, everyone's entitled to their own line of thought or brand of humor.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:41 PM
This.

It's a forum, everyone's entitled to their own line of thought or brand of humor.

Your standards for humor are pretty low when they consist of one word responses and image macros, just saying.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Your standards for humor are pretty low when they consist of one word responses and image macros, just saying.

Well who are you to be judging humor standards?

Spudboy
06-21-2009, 09:44 PM
This.

I don't know. I thought the Rosie O'donnel line was pretty funny.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 09:45 PM

He's someone whose standards are in agreement with the majority of the board.

The bottom line is this. Keep the personal attacks, macro 'humor', and immaturity in AG. If ten or twenty people tell you something is obnoxious, stop doing it.

Thus is reborn a great place to talk baseball and Red Sox, and other stuff in between.

I'm out for a while.

TheKilo

I know they're higher than "FAIL"

Jacoby_Ellsbury
Aren't you upscale. How's that tea?

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 09:47 PM
I know they're higher than "FAIL"
I was wondering how long it would be before this version (i.e. trade deadline through mid October 08) of Kilo resurfaced. Welcome back, Hyde.

No sense of humor is 'higher' than another one. Be more pompous next time.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:48 PM
He's someone whose standards are in agreement with the majority of the board.

The bottom line is this. Keep the personal attacks, macro 'humor', and immaturity in AG. If ten or twenty people tell you something is obnoxious, stop doing it.

Thus is reborn a great place to talk baseball and Red Sox, and other stuff in between.

I'm out for a while.

Proof?

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 09:54 PM
J_E stick around it's going to be your pick soon.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I was wondering how long it would be before this version (i.e. trade deadline through mid October 08) of Kilo resurfaced. Welcome back, Hyde.

What are you talking about?

No sense of humor is 'higher' than another one. Be more pompous next time.

I disagree, but it's clear this is getting us nowhere.

FAIL is on the scale of far jokes and toilet humor, OK for cheap laughs every once in a while but how funny is it really?

Proof?

How many people have said they're tired of the "FAIL" pics? 10? 15? Out of the number of regular posters on the board that's a pretty overwhelming majority.

I actually like both of you guys as posters but I think we've reached the breaking point with the "FAIL" stuff.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 09:56 PM
What are you talking about?

I disagree, but it's clear this is getting us nowhere.

FAIL is on the scale of far jokes and toilet humor, OK for cheap laughs every once in a while but how funny is it really?

How many people have said they're tired of the "FAIL" pics? 10? 15? Out of the number of regular posters on the board that's a pretty overwhelming majority.

I actually like both of you guys as posters but I think we've reached the breaking point with the "FAIL" stuff.

Prove it.

a700hitter
06-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm named in this thread...right? I just got home from two very thrilling wins at Fenway this weekend, and we're still at this spot. Humor is fine, sarcasm is fine, and criticism is fine, but let's try criticizing ideas rather than individual's. Sometimes in a debate you have the weaker argument. It happens to everyone. No one likes to lose an argument, but most of the time there is no right or wrong. We are in the realm of opinion. To start calling names and being obnoxious when discussing opinions is immature, annoying and it makes this place less fun. I like to debate the issues, but when it gets personal, e.g. people characterizing me as a pessimistic person because of my opinions about trades, I will take the opportunity to needle you and taunt you when you utter negative opinions. Be an adult and suck it up. If you call someone pessimistic, then expect similar characterizations when you utter something negative. If you don't like it, then you shouldn't have fired the first shot. Instead of saying touch&#233; when caught doing what you criticize others of doing, you answer with "douchebag." That's just an inappropriate overreaction. If you are going to dish, you have to be able to take. If you can't, that makes you an internet bully. J_E angrily jumped all over me about trading Penny, and he remained persistently angry and escalated the anger to the point where I just told him that he was right even though I thought he was wrong. Again, we are discussing opinions, so I got tired of the angry exchanges and dropped it. Even that was not good enough for him as he baited me in two additional posts about why I would just agree with him. He'd already declared victory about twenty posts earlier and my concession was not enough for him. That is being an internet bully. When Dice K shit the bed again, I could not resist rubbing his nose in the fact that he said Dice K had been more unlucky than bad. Well, his head exploded, and the result was this thread. Sometimes people just have to let stuff go, and not go crazy when someone uses your own words against you. It happens to me all the time. Sometimes people are taking my quotes out of context. Other times, they are not. I've been misquoted regarding things people allegedly remember me saying 3 years ago. That can be very annoying, but it would'nt justify me calling them names. It just doesn't. Let your ideas speak, and hold the refrain from the profane insults.

Soxfan#1
06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
This.

Soxfan#1= Bullshit speweing, fight inciting, running coward dumbass.

I'm simply makiing an observation. Or at least agreeing with Dipre says.

lol internet tough guys

How is what I say any worse than this?

Those tools are the ones that start shit with everyone. Practically every post out of them is meant to incite, insult, or say something retarded.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
J_E angrily jumped all over me about trading Penny, and he remained persistently angry and escalated the anger to the point where I just told him that he was right even though I thought he was wrong. Again, we are discussing opinions, so I got tired of the angry exchanges and dropped it. Even that was not good enough for him as he baited me in two additional posts about why I would just agree with him.

I 'angrily jumped all over you'? No, I provided reasons why I think that trading him is the best route, and didn't post them Barney-style. I've been here long enough where all the regulars should know my posting style pretty well.

Show me where I 'baited' you after the fact. Challenging you to prove me wrong isn't baiting, its stimulating constructive argument.

He'd already declared victory about twenty posts earlier and my concession was not enough for him. That is being an internet bully.

Is it. :rolleyes:

When Dice K shit the bed again, I could not resist rubbing his nose in the fact that he said Dice K had been more unlucky than bad. Well, his head exploded, and the result was this thread.

So now you're complaining about the fact you, admittedly, went looking for a fight (with me), and got it? That's like complaining about a bullet wound after playing russian roulette.

Bringing shit across threads, in the painfully baiterrific manner you did, is a good way to piss someone off. Then you started posting stupid shit like 'well lets hope for mommys sake that your on target with that', which fully convinced me that you were just out to be a shithead, so I responded and treated you as such. Then you pulled the 'I'm just being FUN!!' card after either a) you realized you fucked up bad with your mom jokes, or b) you had enough chastisation.

a700hitter
06-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Feeling the need to always have the last word is another bullying tactic.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm simply makiing an observation. Or at least agreeing with Dipre says.

How is what I say any worse than this?

Those tools are the ones that start shit with everyone. Practically every post out of them is meant to incite, insult, or say something retarded.

I love how a700 says when you insult you need to suck it up.

That's the issue with you.

You start shit with an idiot comment then go away.

With you is not about FAIL or macro pictures, which is what is being debated here.

It's just that you both start shit AND then run away like a coward.

So for the sake of all of us, go die in a fire.

TheKilo
06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Prove it.

So you really deny that many people have expressed disgust with the "FAIL" pics?

I think this discussion has run its course. If you feel the need to continuously post them, and if you think they're funny, have at it.

You're in the minority for sure.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 10:29 PM

I have a question a700.

This is about me personally.

Have you ever taken or seen me take something personally?

And

Do i always respond with fail or do i come up with elaborated retorts?

Also

Why doesn't soxfan#1 drop it and keeps baiting me into calling him out for being a douchebag?

Really, i'd appreciate some old-timey input.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Responding to a post with more holes in it than rotting wonderbread is a bullying tactic? Okay chief.

a700hitter
06-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Responding to a post with more holes in it than rotting wonderbread is a bullying tactic? Okay chief....and I'll let you have the last word on this.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Unbelievable.

Spudboy
06-21-2009, 10:34 PM
I've so enjoyed tonight's discussion. Plus I've been elevated to Sainthood.

a700hitter
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Unbelievable.

You already had the last word, but by all means, take it a second time. I await your hopefully final "chastizing" post.;)

Dipre
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM

You lost your sainthood when you dliberately added fuel to the fire.

Shame on you, Spudboy.

MANNYHOF24
06-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Well this was enjoyable to read. I Agree with YOTN and Kilo on this one. This site was a lot better back 3-4 years ago when the discussion was always solely on baseball and there were less personal attacks.

castigs850
06-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Nah.

We admit you're right.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Dipre
06-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Well this was enjoyable to read. I Agree with YOTN and Kilo on this one. This site was a lot better back 3-4 years ago when the discussion was always solely on baseball and there were less personal attacks.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

You're wrong.

We need talk solely about baseball.

So, no more cat picks for you.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:22 PM

You're seriously the nicest human being on the entire Internet. You're either incredibly genuine or hiding some kind of childmolesty/axmurdery secret.

castigs850
06-21-2009, 11:24 PM
I LOVE CAT PICS
I LOVE FAIL
I LOVE DIPREG
I LOVE J_E
I LOVE DOJJI
I LOVE FEETIE PAJAMAS
I LOVE CRUNCHY'S POST STYLE
I LOVE 700'S SOFTBALL BA
I LOVE SLAYER
I LOVE ORANGE SODA
I LOVE ANTI-FANTASY LEAGUE DRAFT PICKS
I LOVE MY DAD
HAPPY FATHERS DAY ALL YOU DADS OUT THERE

MANNYHOF24
06-21-2009, 11:25 PM
You're wrong.

We need talk solely about baseball.

So, no more cat picks for you.

Well it is a baseball forum. There are other forums, AG and of topic forum for other stuff. I mean we can have fun and make jokes with the focus still on baseball. Sometimes I think it's hard to read through some threads because people are always bitching and making personal attacks towards each other when there is no need for it.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Well it is a baseball forum. There are other forums, AG and of topic forum for other stuff. I mean we can have fun and make jokes with the focus still on baseball. Sometimes I think it's hard to read through some threads because people are always bitching and making personal attacks towards each other when there is no need for it.

You mean like here where we're posting now?

I digress.

As pointed out by Kilo with overwhelming evidence, the vast majority of the members of this site hate:

A) Fail.

B ) Cat Pictures.

C) Anything not baseball related.

I vow from now on to stick solely to baseball discussion and to call out or notify the authorities of any personal attack or non-baseball related discussion in the site.

That is all.

castigs850
06-21-2009, 11:30 PM
i dont know what the fuck you think bowing will do for the situation

Dipre
06-21-2009, 11:31 PM
i dont know what the fuck you think bowing will do for the situation

You mean vowing as it clearly says in the post, smart guy?

castigs850
06-21-2009, 11:32 PM
there is no proof, but we both know what i said was funny

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:33 PM
You mean like here where we're posting now?

I digress.

As pointed out by Kilo with overwhelming evidence, the vast majority of the members of this site hate:

A) Fail.

B ) Cat Pictures.

C) Anything not baseball related.

I bow from now on to stick solely to baseball discussion and to call out or notify the authorities of any personal attack or non-baseball related discussion in the site.

That is all.

No one said anything about non-baseball discussion. We have forums for that. That's why we move certain threads from one forum to another. The Gamethreads are a discussion, akin to us sitting around a TV watching together. It's a conversation that wanders, as they do. Hell, most of the jokes in there are baseball related anyways.

And yes, I have seen, at last count, myself, BoSox, Kilo, Crespo, YesZir, and others I can't remember off the top of my head, all ask to stop posting cat pictures and FAIL. When that many people ask you to quit something, maybe you should think about it. You're taking what I've said, Coco has said, and others have said, and deciding to sarcastically say 'I won't say anything non-baseball related' because it allows you to sound like you're right while twisting our point beyond recognition and ending the discussion.

Talk about whatever you want in AG and GOT, and to an extent in the gamethreads. But even you have to have noticed that offtopic threads in other forums have always been moved here or GOT. That's not new. We're just asking for a little less immature picture posting from people who are obviously smart enough to listen to what a lot of people are requesting.

castigs850
06-21-2009, 11:35 PM
We're just asking for a little less immature picture posting from people who are obviously smart enough to listen to what a lot of people are requesting.

what about me

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:37 PM
what about me

What about you?

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 11:38 PM
I guess he's not obviously smart enough...

Dipre
06-21-2009, 11:39 PM
No one said anything about non-baseball discussion. We have forums for that. That's why we move certain threads from one forum to another. The Gamethreads are a discussion, akin to us sitting around a TV watching together. It's a conversation that wanders, as they do. Hell, most of the jokes in there are baseball related anyways.

And yes, I have seen, at last count, myself, BoSox, Kilo, Crespo, YesZir, and others I can't remember off the top of my head, all ask to stop posting cat pictures and FAIL. When that many people ask you to quit something, maybe you should think about it. You're taking what I've said, Coco has said, and others have said, and deciding to sarcastically say 'I won't say anything non-baseball related' because it allows you to sound like you're right while twisting our point beyond recognition and ending the discussion.

Talk about whatever you want in AG and GOT, and to an extent in the gamethreads. But even you have to have noticed that offtopic threads in other forums have always been moved here or GOT. That's not new. We're just asking for a little less immature picture posting from people who are obviously smart enough to listen to what a lot of people are requesting.

I see that this "internet" that you people speak of, is a really serious deal, and should be treated accordingly.

MANNYHOF24
06-21-2009, 11:40 PM
What about you?

If this was Lost, Castig would totally stab you right now.

I'm a loser.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:41 PM
And again. Instead of responding with 'I disagree, here's why', or even 'maybe you have a point, if our actions are annoying so many people, we should keep this stuff in AG, you respond with an irrelevant sarcastic sentence and ignore the entire point of the post.

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 11:42 PM

I'm a loser.

lololololol excellent.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:42 PM
If this was Lost, Catsig would totally stab you right now.

I'm a loser.

Pshh, lost. This place is a fucking soap opera. I'm waiting to find out that ORS's comatose identical twin is actually an evil oil billionare who impregnated Spudboy's daughter or something.

Coco's Disciples
06-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Pshh, lost. This place is a fucking soap opera. I'm waiting to find out that ORS's comatose identical twin is actually an evil oil billionare who impregnated Spudboy's daughter or something.

:lol: Seriously, the DipreG-diony connection was enough drama for me.

castigs850
06-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I guess he's not obviously smart enough...

your quite the guesser, if there was a pro memory game league, you would dominate because you would sweep the board everytime

MANNYHOF24
lololololol excellent.

Haha, I find it really sad how obsessed with Lost I am. That took a matter of a mili-second to make that connection.

Youk Of The Nation
:lol: Seriously, the DipreG-diony connection was enough drama for me.

Tomorrow, on 'As the TalkSox Turns'...Is YesZir REALLY Nomar's cousin? Will the Three Wife Foulkers finally unite? And find out the shocking secret behind Sox Fan on Cape's tax evasion trial!

*dramatic canned music*

Dipre
And again. Instead of responding with 'I disagree, here's why', or even 'maybe you have a point, if our actions are annoying so many people, we should keep this stuff in AG, you respond with an irrelevant sarcastic sentence and ignore the entire point of the post.

I already stated why i disagree.

The irrelevant, sarcastic sentence stems from the fact that you make "Freedom of Speech" sound like a fairy tale.

You don't try to be political about it, so why should i?

Do you know how stupid it is that we've had a 10-page discussion because we like to say "Fail" and post pictures we find funny?

Let me put it this way:

YOTN: Hey guys, i think we should keep the whole FAIL and pics thing in AG.

How hard was that?

But no, it had to escalate to this point because, as i stated earlier, you guys are no one to judge other people's sense of humor.

I concur on the personal attacks, since they often get out of hand, but making a big deal about pictured or the word is an exercise in stupidity.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Haha, I find it really sad how obsessed with Lost I am. That took a matter of a mili-second to make that connection.

Could you explain for those of us who have no idea what in the hell you're talking about?

castigs850
06-21-2009, 11:47 PM
yea im Lost

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:48 PM
I already stated why i disagree.

The irrelevant, sarcastic sentence stems from the fact that you make "Freedom of Speech" sound like a fairy tale.

You don't try to be political about it, so why should i?

Do you know how stupid it is that we've had a 10-page discussion because we like to say "Fail" and post pictures we find funny?

Let me put it this way:

YOTN: Hey guys, i think we should keep the whole FAIL and pics thing in AG.

How hard was that?

But no, it had to escalate to this point because, as i stated earlier, you guys are no one to judge other people's sense of humor.

I concur on the personal, since they often get out of hand, but making a big deal about pictured or the word is an exercise in stupidity.

I did say that, albiet maybe in a roundabout fashion. But that point remains the same, so let me say it for you:

Keep the personal attacks, macro humor, and fail comments in AG, if you must do it. Keep the personal attacks to a minimum, which would be even better.

All you had to say was 'okay', instead, you and J_E railed on about how unfair and uptight I was.

So...Keep that stuff in AG. Your response to this should be 'okay'. I await.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:49 PM
yea im Lost

Very punny.

Spudboy
06-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Tomorrow, on 'As the TalkSox Turns'...Is YesZir REALLY Nomar's cousin? Will the Three Wife Foulkers finally unite? And find out the shocking secret behind Sox Fan on Cape's tax evasion trial!

*dramatic canned music*

Hey, what about the mutilated human remains found buried in Spudboy's back yard?

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey, what about the mutilated human remains found buried in Spudboy's back yard?

The TRUTH about Spudboy's FIRST wife...the truth we never heard! Tomorrow on 'As TalkSox Turns'!

MANNYHOF24
06-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Could you explain for those of us who have no idea what in the hell you're talking about?

Oh yeah, haha. In the season finale of the previous season in one of the finale scenes, Locke and Ben two of the main characters are meeting with this guy jacob, who has been hinted at for the entire series as the leader behind the curtain of the island so to speak. Locke wants Ben to kill Jacob, so he can take control more or less (there is much more to it than that, but im sure you arn't interested). Ben had been the leader of the others (island orginal inhabitants) for awhile, but was never allowed to meet with Jacob. He was even banished at one point. So basically, Jacob pleads to ben not to kill him for a minute, and Ben goes off on his neglected tangent, that ends with "what about me?" and Jacob says in a smug manner, "what about you?" Ben gets mad and stabs Jacob.

Haha and I'm sure you were looking for a much shorter answer.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I did say that, albiet maybe in a roundabout fashion. But that point remains the same, so let me say it for you:

Keep the personal attacks, macro humor, and fail comments in AG, if you must do it. Keep the personal attacks to a minimum, which would be even better.

All you had to say was 'okay', instead, you and J_E railed on about how unfair and uptight I was.

So...Keep that stuff in AG. Your response to this should be 'okay'. I await.

To be quite honest, i didn't just say OK because, with all due respect, i found the way you said to be both aggresive and hypocritical.

Let me tell you this, i hate more than a fair share of posters' sense of humor, but i don't call them out on it because everyone can say whatever they want.

And personally, of all the mods, you're the one most likely to lose your temper and go on the offensive, and guess what?

That's exactly what you did here.

Take it however way you want it, since although it's not personal attack, 'tis the truth.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:54 PM
No, that was the only one that made sense. If you'd left anything out I may have had no more of an idea than I did before.

Spudboy
06-21-2009, 11:54 PM
The TRUTH about Spudboy's FIRST wife...the truth we never heard! Tomorrow on 'As TalkSox Turns'!

Not the first Wife! ;)

MANNYHOF24
06-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Take it however way you want it, since although it's not personal attack, 'tis the truth.

Give it a rest dude.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:56 PM
To be quite honest, i didn't just say OK because, with all due respect, i found the way you said to be both aggresive and hypocritical.

Let me tell you this, i hate more than a fair share of posters' sense of humor, but i don't call them out on it because everyone can say whatever they want.

And personally, of all the mods, you're the one most likely to lose your temper and go on the offensive, and guess what?

Nobody else calls them out on it either. On the other hand, as I said, myself, Crespo, YesZir, and a few others have called you out on it. When five or six or more of the regular posters who have been on a board for much longer than me ask me to stop doing something, I will. If a bunch of you said you didn't like my signature, or my avatar, I'd change it, because I'm not here to annoy people, and I tend to care if I am.

Dipre
06-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Give it a rest dude.

I'll try YOTN's style now.

No.

Here's why.

We're having a simple discussion, and i would like to come to a middle ground with YOTN (Read, YOTN), about the incident.

Youk Of The Nation
06-21-2009, 11:58 PM

Part of that stems from my remembering this board being a civil place, almost completely devoid of personal attacks and immature humor. The other part of that stems from the fact that outside of my family, this board contains the only people I consider friends and talk to on a daily basis. Having to sort through who hates who and who attacks who in every thread, and then move it to another forum, is tiresome and obnoxious.

Soxfan#1
06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
You're a hypocrite beyond all means. Carry on with whatever you have to say. We're all on our toes, thug.

Soxfan#1
06-22-2009, 12:00 AM

I'm a loser.

:lol:

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:01 AM
The best middle ground would be:

You want to keep posting fail pics, cats, and other assorted internet meme minutiae.

We have forums specifically for said things, and many posters, including myself and the other mods, would prefer that it stay there.

The middle ground is that it stay there.

You get to keep posting it, and we get it off of the non-AG/GOT forums.

Everybody wins.

Youk Of The Nation
You're a hypocrite beyond all means. Carry on with whatever you have to say. We're all on our toes, thug.

What in the hell did I do to you?

MANNYHOF24
I'll try YOTN's style now.

No.

Here's why.

We're having a simple discussion, and i would like to come to a middle ground with YOTN (Read, YOTN), about the incident.

Why don't you take your own advice "since its the freaking internet" and just accept that pretty much everyone is against your position on this, and just try to keep that in mind as you post. I mean, no big deal everyonce in awhile, but it would be nice to have a nice influx of good new posters with scaring them away with excessive personal attacks, and stupid pictures.

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Soxfan has arrived, it gets good now!

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:05 AM
SoxFan, I have no problem with you at all, man. When I came here in 05 you were an annoying but harmless tween that everyone looked down on and ignored or ridiculed. You've matured. A lot of posters won't admit it, but you've certainly grown.

Coco's Disciples
your quite the guesser, if there was a pro memory game league, you would dominate because you would sweep the board everytime

You're a clown.

http://bleepbleepbleep.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/5x16-ben-kills-jacob.jpg

:lol::lol:

This is the best 1 AM Talksox ever!

castigs850
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/i-is-tired-wurk-too-hard.jpg

GOODNIGHT

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:06 AM
A secondary annoyance with pictures is that my computer takes forever to scroll down a page with pictures on it. It's like watching water boil.

Dipre
06-22-2009, 12:07 AM
SoxFan, I have no problem with you at all, man. When I came here in 05 you were an annoying but harmless tween that everyone looked down on and ignored or ridiculed. You've matured. A lot of posters won't admit it, but you've certainly grown.

Your inbox, clear it.

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:07 AM
You're a clown.

http://bleepbleepbleep.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/5x16-ben-kills-jacob.jpg

:lol::lol:

This is the best 1 AM Talksox ever!

So agreed! I have to go to work at 2:30, so once I stumbled upon this I decided to just stay up.

Dipre
06-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Why don't you take your own advice "since its the freaking internet" and just accept that pretty much everyone is against your position on this, and just try to keep that in mind as you post. I mean, no big deal everyonce in awhile, but it would be nice to have a nice influx of good new posters with scaring them away with excessive personal attacks, and stupid pictures.

What i meant was, why are you meddling when this doesn't concern you.

I'm trying to sort things out here and you're adding nothing of substance.

Spudboy
06-22-2009, 12:09 AM
I just want to assure everyone that I have never molested a child.

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:10 AM
What i meant was, why are you meddling when this doesn't concern you.

I'm trying to sort things out here and you're adding nothing of substance.

I'm just trying to back up what he says, so it gives it more substance. He isn't making things up, everything he is saying accurate.

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:11 AM

Post of the night.

Dipre
06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm just trying to back up what he says, so it gives it more substance. He isn't making things up, everything he is saying accurate.

"Dude give it a rest" is not backing up anything.

Seriously.

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
"Dude give it a rest" is not backing up anything.

Seriously.

Well, that was after like 4 straight posts of you saying the exact same thing.

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:13 AM

Took you a long time to deny that there, chief. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

Dipre
06-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Well, that was after like 4 straight posts of you saying the exact same thing.

And this is how it starts.

If i'm not talking to you, why make an asinine comment, invoke my wrath, and create a shitstorm?

Dipre
06-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Took you a long time to deny that there, chief. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

Your inbox, clear it.

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:15 AM
OY! You two! Don't make me pull this thread over.

Seriously, Manny, I appreciate your intent, but this debate seems to be winding down. Being rude to DipreG isn't helping anything.

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Your inbox, clear it.

I did after your first request. I just forgot to actually mention it. Sorry.:lol:

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:17 AM
And this is how it starts.

If i'm not talking to you, why make an asinine comment, invoke my wrath, and create a shitstorm?

Wow, way to indirectly make an asinine comment. Clever. Anyways I don't want to invoke your "wrath". So im done as well.

Spudboy
06-22-2009, 12:18 AM

I'm fixing to head off to bed and wanted to clear my name. I invoke my 5th Amendment Rights on the axemurdery stuff, however.

Coco's Disciples
06-22-2009, 12:18 AM

Aaaaaand sig'd.

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:19 AM
OY! You two! Don't make me pull this thread over.

Seriously, Manny, I appreciate your intent, but this debate seems to be winding down. Being rude to DipreG isn't helping anything.

Alright, but what am I going to do now for an hour before I have to go to work?

Spudboy
06-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Aaaaaand sig'd.

Truly an honor.:rolleyes:

Spudboy
06-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Peace Brothers.

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Aaaaaand sig'd.

Hey! I sigged that first, you bastard.

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Alright, but what am I going to do now for an hour before I have to go to work?

I don't know. Porn?

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Peace Brothers.

Goodnight!

MANNYHOF24
06-22-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't know. Porn?

Been there, done that.

Spudboy
06-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't know. Porn?

Spudboy
06-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Good night.

Coco's Disciples
06-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Ahhh Spudboy linked to porn and I can't edit it! Crisis!

Youk Of The Nation
06-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Aaaaand the discussion has run it's course. I am going to lock this thread, lest anyone who was not involved feel the need to start it up again.