PDA

View Full Version : Locked.

Dojji
10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I just wanted to get to this, I'll get to the other bit when I have time tomorrow, but I feel like it's necessary to defend this. When I say technically it could, that means that, well, in reality, there's no chance of it ever happening. Technically, we could trade for Tex, Sabathia, and a bunch of other guys if we really wanted to. Technically, we could trade Dustin Pedroia for Nick Punto, and technically Nick Punto could have a 80 home run, 80 RBI season, and technically, the Red Sox could go undefeated. Guess what? It's not a reality. Consistent? I think it's plenty consistent, but either way, I think you're the last person who should get into a dispute over consistency.

Coming on a bit strong there, old lady. There's really no need to be this sharp about it.

If you guys didn't get into such flowing hyperbole when you decide to come after me en masse, I wouldn't feel the need to try to puncture it.

Emmz
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Coming on a bit strong there, old lady. There's really no need to be this sharp about it.

ORS
10-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Recap of the last half-day here, or last year, depending on your perspective.

Dojji: That blueberry is green.

Everyone: No that blueberry is blue.

Dojji: Well, I think it's green.

Everyone: But, it's blue.

Dojji: Ok, would it help if I told you I wanted it to be green?

Everyone: No, blue is blue.

Dojji: Forget green, that blueberry is pink.

Everyone: When you look at it, does it remind of you the sky and ocean?

Dojji: The sky, and at sunset, the sky is pink.

Everyone: No, the daytime sky.

Dojji: Oh, now that you put it that way, the blueberry is probably blue, but don't eliminate the possibliity of it being green....or pink....and don't forget about brown.

Can you please stop wasting everyone's time?

Dipre
10-05-2009, 09:44 PM
^ LOL.

Emmz
10-05-2009, 09:44 PM
:lol:

Erratic comments everywhere, that's what I've been trying to say the whole time

Dojji
10-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Can you please stop wasting everyone's time?

Oh yes, let's get back to our normal level of produtive, thought provoking posts like this one.

Do you have something to add, or are you just embodying the peanut gallery on this one (again!)

Emmz
10-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Homophobic personal attack. Nice. Now why don't you try something original, like posting lolcats or Internet cliches like "FAIL"

Or posting a link to "let me google that for you"? Typically condescending. Why can't you just realize that everyone on here is sick of your erratic little comments that make no sense, and then we waste time trying to chip away the rough edges of your flawed argument. Like this one right now. You're being hypocritical.

Dojji
10-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Homophobic? Read what I posted again. I think you might be guilty of "sharing" a bit more than you wanted with your defensiveness.

responding to Emmz' gaydar post. It wouldn't take the quote because she thumbnailed the picture.

Doesn't anyone want to talk about pitchers?

Emmz
10-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh yes, let's get back to our normal level of produtive, thought provoking posts like this one.

Do you have something to add, or are you just embodying the peanut gallery on this one (again!)

All he's doing is echoing what everyone else thinks: Dojji wastes time with terrible, whimsy arguments, and then we spend a bunch of time cleaning it up, and filtering out what you should have done before you clicked the post button. Not everything that pops into your head should be posted on the internet, and not every thought that pops into your head is intelligent, and you've displayed it for as long as I've been here, and most likely throughout the course of your stay here at Talksox. It's what everyone thinks.

Emmz
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
responding to Emmz' gaydar post. It wouldn't take the quote because she thumbnailed the picture.

Doesn't anyone want to talk about pitchers?

Because you were displaying troll behavior, and finished your post with something to the degree of me being too abrasive, or sharp. Seriously?

ORS
10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Exactly. His brain lacks a sphincter, so we get stuck with his mental diarrhea.

Dojji
10-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Or posting a link to "let me google that for you"? Typically condescending. Why can't you just realize that everyone on here is sick of your erratic little comments that make no sense, and then we waste time trying to chip away the rough edges of your flawed argument. Like this one right now. You're being hypocritical.

I object to that. I'll cop to being wrong, but that hardly makes me unique here. Hypocritical I have not been.

And how the heck am I supposed to keep things straight when I can't sneeze without being told I'm an idiot from seven different sources at once? You tell me that.

Emmz
10-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Quite frankly, I think this is echoing everyone's opinion of the man: He lacks control of his thoughts, and he posts every stupid little detail he can, and that's what we get, a bunch of topics that stray far from the main points, and then we have to bring it back to reality. It's constant with Dojji, and it's pretty irritating to be blunt.

Dipre
10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
This thread has turned into all sorts of awesome.

ORS
We've already told you. Use the Constanza principle, ie that your first instinct is the wrong one. Go against your first instinct, and your ideas may be more widely accepted.

Dojji
Exactly. His brain lacks a sphincter, so we get stuck with his mental diarrhea.

This forum, last I checked, had a fully functional ignore feature.

Let's at least try to keep this conversation germaine to the subject. This flagrant digression is going to get no one anywhere but banned.

So yes, Bedard represents a bigger risk than I thought he did, because I didn't know that his shoulder injury was a labrum tear. All anyone had to do to get me off Bedard was post a link I eventually had to google for myself. rather than call me an idiot and raive on about Harden ad infinitum.

Let's. Move. On.

Emmz
10-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I object to that. I'll cop to being wrong, but that hardly makes me unique here. Hypocritical I have not been.

But you are unique, you're the only person who goes and states such consistently bad opinions on what we can or should do. Then we all have to chip away at your argument, and then that takes forever, because you can't realize the flaws in your argument.

And how the heck am I supposed to keep things straight when I can't sneeze without being told I'm an idiot from seven different sources at once? You tell me that.

Maybe they're right? Maybe you should just think a little bit before hitting that button. Gather some more thoughts, it helps a lot when you think things through before posting. From what I can tell, it's a trend in you to do the exact opposite.

Emmz
10-05-2009, 10:02 PM

Let's at least try to keep this conversation germaine to the subject. This flagrant digression is going to get no one anywhere but banned.

So yes, Bedard represents a bigger risk than I thought he did, because I didn't know that his shoulder injury was a labrum tear. All anyone had to do to get me off Bedard was post a link I eventually had to google for myself. rather than call me an idiot and raive on about Harden ad infinitum.

Let's. Move. On.

Let's move on is the reason why you continue to post the way you do. Erratic statement followed by counter arguments, which you struggle with all day, until it comes to you that maybe you're not right, and maybe what you said was complete asininity. All that's being asked is that you think before you post, that's all.

Dojji
10-05-2009, 10:02 PM
But you are unique, you're the only person who goes and states such consistently bad opinions on what we can or should do. Then we all have to chip away at your argument, and then that takes forever, because you can't realize the flaws in your argument.

And that, around here, counts as unique?

Were you here earlier this afternoon when Rhet was holding forth that Theo was a terrible GM for signing Drew and RBI's were the only valuable measurement of offensive value?

Just get off it, Emmz. Seriously, just move on and find something else to do. These personal attacks are doing no one any favors and are far more blatant a violation of forum rules than my opinions are.

Emmz
10-05-2009, 10:04 PM
And that, around here, counts as unique?

Were you here earlier this afternoon when Rhet was holding forth that Theo was a terrible GM for signing Drew and RBI's were the only valuable measurement of offensive value?

Just get off it, Emmz. Seriously, just move on and find something else to do. These personal attacks are doing no one any favors and are far more blatant a violation of forum rules than my opinions are.

Go act like a moderator somewhere else, and I'm not attacking you. The only place that I "attacked" you was with the Gaydar post, which was a response to your trolling.

As far as you being unique, is the fact that you do this every day. Not everyone does, or atleast not everyone who posts as frequently as you do.

Dojji
10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Right, that does it. I hate playing forum lawyer, but I think a little reminder is in order.

http://www.talksox.com/forum/front-desk/12977-rules.html

) Beginning at 6 pm EST tonight any member who instigates a fight/flame war/shouting match will be awarded a 3-5 day ban per my discretion. The ban will be discussed by the mod team and may be amended as needed. Any member who responds to an instigating post, thereby continuing the stupid fight will be awarded a 1 day ban.

You would be hard pressed to find a way where I instigated this argument. I may be a bit off center, but I play by the rules.

I was perfectly happy to talk about pitchers. The first personal attack, and every subsequent personal attack, have come from YOU or DIPRE or ORS.

YOU are WAY out of line. ALL of you. BACK OFF.

ORS
10-05-2009, 10:15 PM

Let's. Move. On.
What's interesting to me is that everyone seems so hip to having someone else "ignore" them. I enjoy showing the inadequacies of your thought process. You don't seem to enjoy receiving them. With this being the case, common sense would have you ignoring me.

Dojji
10-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I enjoy showing the inadequacies of your thought process. You don't seem to enjoy receiving them.

Kind of points out which one of us can be more successfully accused of trolling, I'd say.

(no, I don't think you're a troll, just making the point)

Now for the third time. Are we going to go back to talking about pitchers at some point? I think we've spent nearly as many pages in this thread discussing my posting style at this point as we have the potential Red Sox quest for a fifth starter.

Me I'm not even sure we're going after anyone. We have 4 above average starting pitchers right now. The only way we even have room for another fulltime starter is if they don't pick up Wake's option. which I believe they will do, whether I like it or not.

That being the case, that pretty much takes Bedard, Lackey, and Harden off the board for us, since they're all going to want guaranteed rotation spots and we're not in position to give them one.

Now if they don't pick up Wake's option, this becomes a lot more interesting, and it's less of a sure thing than it was in years past, but I just don't see them not giving Wakefield one last chance -- even with his second half problems his overall numbers were Wakefield-standard. No guaratnee he can't bounce back at least a little in the innings department. Etc. Etc.

ORS
10-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Which is the wrong point. I'm not trolling. I'm not trying to get a reaction from you. I could care less if you even read the response. I just noticed a comical trend to your posts and felt like entertaining everyone else. Sorry it came at your expense, but you do have some control over that.

Dojji
10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Which is the wrong point. I'm not trolling. I'm not trying to get a reaction from you. I could care less if you even read the response. I just noticed a comical trend to your posts and felt like entertaining everyone else. Sorry it came at your expense, but you do have some control over that.

I suppose I do. But not as much as you're trying to convince me I do. Half of this brouhaha was brought on by a fact I did not know, and the people who did know saw fit not to introduce.

Without the labrum tear, Bedard is a superior option to Harden, or at least it's arguable, on the basis of his Orioles experience and the lefthandedness of the New York nine. WITH it, Bedard is much riskier and is probably a player you want to vet carefully before even taking a short-money flier on. I did try to check exactly what injury Bedard had but all I got was "shoulder surgery." Not enough to make me change my mind given the team's vaunted shoulder-strengthening program.

so it turned out I was wrong. And when I learned I was wrong, I came clean. And got blasted for THAT, somehow.

How much control do I have in that situation?

example1
10-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Because again, Eric Bedard has a TORN LABRUM.

Do you know the effects a torn labrum has on a pitcher?

And DUCHSCHERER is coming off major elbow rehab and got scratched from his 2009 major league debut for clinical depression, he didn't throw a single pitch to the plate in 2009 for an MLB team..

Listen, i'm not trying to be a douche, but you're doin' exactly what he did.

Get your fact straights before throwing stuff out there.

If you're gonna come in and try to issue the puppy dog defense team statement, at least make it with reason Jesus Christ.

No, you listen Dipre. I'm a good poster here. I do get my facts straight. I don't provide snarky and short remarks, I don't troll, and I don't come to puppy dog defenses of people. You look for fights and make comments that can't be seen as anything other than inflammatory. I won't go on with my litany of complaints because this isn't the forum for that, just know that it doesn't come across as flattering (though sometimes your humor and personality do come across as flattering).

The reports I have read say that Bedard could be back to pitching mid 2010. That doesn't mean he's done forever, it doesn't mean he can never pitch again. You're not the only person in the world who knows about injuries or who can use the google machine. Perhaps he's a Smoltz'esque project who could return at midseason for a smaller salary on a one year deal. You don't know that this isn't possible. Here's what I said:

I don't entirely know why people jump on Dojji for suggesting Bedard and Duchscher, other than their injuries. I would have no problem with the Sox putting Harden through a tough battery of tests before signing him and would expect the same of Bedard or JD. I don't think JD is their option, unless they get him for the pen a la Saito (not a la Penny).

What this means is that if the Sox determine that his shoulder could be viable come mid-season, then I wouldn't be upset with them signing him. Apparently you would. We can differ about that, but you can't outright dismiss posts as being "unfactual" when the facts you are questioning don't actually back up your claim. A torn labrum does not mean he CANNOT be signed, it means he's less likely to be an effective pitcher.

if I want to argue that I trust the FO to determine the health of a player and then sign them if they feel like it is a good deal, then that's my opinion. It has nothing to do with facts. His arm did not fall off. He has a torn labrum. According to this:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/erik-bedards-torn-labrum

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090814/BLOG05/908149966

the tear is not career ending. It merely puts things on hold.

He's not a GREAT sign, but if he's willing to rehab with the Sox for one-million then why would you care?

Dipre
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
No, you listen Dipre. I'm a good poster here. I do get my facts straight. I don't provide snarky and short remarks, I don't troll, and I don't come to puppy dog defenses of people. You look for fights and make comments that can't be seen as anything other than inflammatory. I won't go on with my litany of complaints because this isn't the forum for that, just know that it doesn't come across as flattering (though sometimes your humor and personality do come across as flattering).

The reports I have read say that Bedard could be back to pitching mid 2010. That doesn't mean he's done forever, it doesn't mean he can never pitch again. You're not the only person in the world who knows about injuries or who can use the google machine. Perhaps he's a Smoltz'esque project who could return at midseason for a smaller salary on a one year deal. You don't know that this isn't possible. Here's what I said:

What this means is that if the Sox determine that his shoulder could be viable come mid-season, then I wouldn't be upset with them signing him. Apparently you would. We can differ about that, but you can't outright dismiss posts as being "unfactual" when the facts you are questioning don't actually back up your claim. A torn labrum does not mean he CANNOT be signed, it means he's less likely to be an effective pitcher.

if I want to argue that I trust the FO to determine the health of a player and then sign them if they feel like it is a good deal, then that's my opinion. It has nothing to do with facts. His arm did not fall off. He has a torn labrum. According to this:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/erik-bedards-torn-labrum

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090814/BLOG05/908149966

the tear is not career ending. It merely puts things on hold.

He's not a GREAT sign, but if he's willing to rehab with the Sox for one-million then why would you care?

Completely twisted the argument.

You asked why we jumped on Doiji, i responded why, no one asked you to put your foot into the argument, so calling my post "inflammatory" after you came out calling people out on an argument you weren't a part of to begin with is laughable.

If you've got such a big problem with me and my posting style, how about you set up a vote and if you guys want me to, i'll just leave the site. Because the bitching is honestly getting ridiculous.

You did make a smart-ass remark on a post that couldn't be contemplated as anything but looking to pick a fight

And again, this is not about injuries or the google search machine, since that's asinine anyway.

It's about logic. And logic would dictate that after getting burned by the Smotlz and Penny experiment the FO wouldn't go ahead and do the exact same thing with a pitcher with a torn labrum and another with both a busted elbow and clinical depression problems.

And what makes you so sure that:

A) Bedard'll be ready by mid-season.

B ) He'll sign for 1 mill.

Anyways, next time you step onto an argument calling people out, don't play the victim after you get your response.

Dojji
10-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Is anyone really surprised at this point that whenever there's a testosterone contest on this forum, Dipre is right in the middle of it?

Paradisecity
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I feel like the dick measuring contests always come out more when the Red Sox aren't playing baseball.

Dipre
10-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Is anyone really surprised at this point that whenever there's a testosterone contest on this forum, Dipre is right in the middle of it?

Is anyone really surprised that wherever there's a smug, off-hand douchebag comment on the it's you making it?

Dipre
10-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I feel like the dick measuring contests always come out more when the Red Sox aren't playing baseball.

Again, as i said, i'm passionate about the team, i'm passionate about arguments, but if you guys want me off the site, just tell me, and i'll gladly leave.

Dojji
10-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't want you gone. You're smart, passionate, well-informed, and you add a lot of positive things to the forum.

I just think you could stand not to take being contradicted as if someone insulted your mother.

Dipre
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I don't want you gone. You're smart, passionate, well-informed, and you add a lot of positive things to the forum.

I just think you could stand not to take being contradicted as if someone insulted your mother.

I can take being contradicted if you make a consistent and well thought out argument.

The Harden deal is a perfect example of why i'm always crossing swords (no homo) with you.

Paradisecity
10-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Dude, I dont care if you are here- personally I dont think people should ever leave unless the vast majority want them gone. I was just making a statement- I feel like most of the time the arguments are the worst here when it is the offseason, the all star break, or on off periods such as right now.

I havent really been involved in any of this stuff so my opinion isn't really a valid one.

yeszir
10-06-2009, 02:27 PM

Is anyone really surprised that wherever there's a smug, off-hand douchebag comment on the it's you making it?

SHUT UP. BOTH OF YOU.

THIS little bit of wisdom is the only thing stopping me from banning you both for this shitstorm. Now please, internalize this wisdom and realize that it's just the fucking internet. Honestly. What's next are you gonna start challenging each other to duels?

Back to Harden.

Dipre
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Wait just a second.

During the whole time Doiji and i were arguing about the Harden-Bedard deal, arguments were attacked, but no personal insults were thrown about until he made the remark against me.

So how did i start a shitstorm again?

yeszir
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Wait just a second.

During the whole time Doiji and i were arguing about the Harden-Bedard deal, arguments were attacked, but no personal insults were thrown about until he made the remark against me.

So how did i start a shitstorm again?

I didn't say you started it. But, per the rules, partaking in a shitstorm is bannable. Tit for tat isn't a good solution.

If any or this needs to continue, please take it to pm.

Dipre
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I didn't say you started it. But, per the rules, partaking in a shitstorm is bannable. Tit for tat isn't a good solution.

If any or this needs to continue, please take it to pm.

It doesn't need to continue yeszir.

My question is, when does accountability for personal attacks start?

Not only did you call us both out when i was only defending myself, but the whole "nugget of wisdom" thing makes me look like an idiot.

Now i would ask of you look back at the argument, and show me an instance where i broke the rules before i was attacked.

Emmz
10-06-2009, 02:44 PM

If you guys didn't get into such flowing hyperbole when you decide to come after me en masse, I wouldn't feel the need to try to puncture it.

That's where the shitstorm started. Dojji has been erratic with his posting, that's all I said, and he starts the subtle trolling shit. I posted an image of Gaydar, and he got all pissy about it, and we all just basically echoed the same thing: Dojji has a history of whimsy posts that no one but him agree with. Go ahead and make unique arguments in my book, just don't expect them to fly. He goes into an argument without research and argues a big load of nonsensical crap.

Dipre
10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
That's where the shitstorm started. Dojji has been erratic with his posting, that's all I said, and he starts the subtle trolling shit. I posted an image of Gaydar, and he got all pissy about it, and we all just basically echoed the same thing: Dojji has a history of whimsy posts that no one but him agree with. Go ahead and make unique arguments in my book, just don't expect them to fly. He goes into an argument without research and argues a big load of nonsensical crap.

Not only that, but he attacks me on a personal level and gets away with it because i "continued the argument".

Jacoby_Ellsbury
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh god.

yeszir
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
This is ridiculous.

Thread closed. I'd anyone actually feels like discussing harden, start another thread.