PDA

View Full Version : mlb.tv fight

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
MLB.tv is a very good thing, btw. I would get it if I could afford it. I think it's pretty much every game. I don't know about you, but I'm a baseball fan about as much as I am a Red Sox fan, so I like to watch any games I can.

You have no idea, you don't have it, you have never had it, but you still feel compelled to critique something you have no personal knowledge of.

Dipre
01-19-2010, 07:40 PM
You have no idea, you don't have it, you have never had it, but you still feel compelled to critique something you have no personal knowledge of.

And you know this how?

I have an MLB.TV subscription and i lent her the password.

She used it for some time and loved it.

You have no idea, you don't know if she had tried it, but you still feel compelled to critique someone whose experiences you have no personal knowledge about.

Please stop being an asshole.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
MLB.tv is a very good thing, btw. I would get it if I could afford it. I think it's pretty much every game. I don't know about you, but I'm a baseball fan about as much as I am a Red Sox fan, so I like to watch any games I can.

Seems like a pretty forward statement to me. So either she's lying, or you're making up your bill as ypu go along.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
And you know this how?

You have no idea, you don't know if she had tried it, but you still feel compelled to critique someone whose experiences you have no personal knowledge about.

Stop being a liar.

bsox0407
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM

Sox fan on the Cape.

Please do this.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Sox fan on the Cape.

Please do this.

This has what to do with you ?

Dipre
01-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Stop being a liar.

Oh?

And why wouldn't i have an MLB.TV subscription?

The fact that i'm Dominican doesn't mean i don't have a credit card and can buy an MLB.TV premium account (which i've had for 2 years running).

If you check the GT's you'll notice me bitching about my laptop's video card crapping out and giving me grief while watching the games around Mid-September. It's easy for me to prove i have an MLB.TV subscription by the way.

Big liar huh?

Don't know about you, but that looks like a fully functioning MLB.TV to me.

bsox0407
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
This has what to do with you ?

And you have to be a jerk to people because?

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh?

And why wouldn't i have an MLB.TV subscription?

The fact that i'm Dominican doesn't mean i don't have a credit card and can buy an MLB.TV premium account (which i've had for 2 years running).

If you check the GT's you'll notice me bitching about my laptop's video card crapping out and giving me grief while watching the games around Mid-September. It's easy for me to prove i have an MLB.TV subscription by the way.

Big liar huh?

Don't know about you, but that looks like a fully functioning MLB.TV to me.

I don't care what subcriptions you have or don't have. She doesn't have them. If you illegally gave her access, it only reinforces the fact that you are a man without honor, meaning a thief. That is all, chump.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
And you have to be a jerk to people because?

No, I'm going to call out assholes that think they can dominate. So you think you're so sort of "great defender" ? I think not.

Dipre
01-19-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't care what subcriptions you have or don't have. She doesn't have them. If you illegally gave her access, it only reinforces the fact that you are a man without honor, meaning a thief. That is all, chump.

*Yawn*.

If i paid for my access but can't use it, i can let someone else use it for me as long as i don't use it at the same time. Read the terms of agreement, it can be used in multiple computers, chump.

The only thing reinforced here is the fact that you're a bitter asshole. You rarely post, and when you do, you're trying to be a dick to someone.

She can say whatever she damn well pleases about MLB.TV whether if she has or hasn't tried it (she has) and if it bothers you, don't fucking read it. Who the fuck do you think you are?

bsox0407
No, I'm going to call out assholes that think they can dominate. So you think you're so sort of "great defender" ? I think not.

Well I'm glad that you are the judge of all character GOD.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you want to find assholes you should look into the mirror.

Dipre

When will you call out yourself then, champ?

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 08:21 PM
*Yawn*.

If i paid for my access but can't use it, i can let someone else use it for me as long as i don't use it at the same time. Read the terms of agreement, it can be used in multiple computers, chump.

The only thing reinforced here is the fact that you're a bitter asshole. You rarely post, and when you do, you're trying to be a dick to someone.

She can say whatever she damn well pleases about MLB.TV whether if she has or hasn't tried it (she has) and if it bothers you, don't fucking read it. Who the fuck do you think you are?

So let me see you gave a complete stranger access to your account as soon as she posted on Talksox which was in Sept. of 09'. Yea, right !

bsox0407
01-19-2010, 08:23 PM
So let me see you gave a complete stranger access to your account as soon as she posted on Talksox which was in Sept. of 09'. Yea, right !

I wouldn't call them strangers.

Spudboy
01-19-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm ashamed that I know anyone in the DR and Minnesota.

Shame on you both. Trailer trash.;)

Dipre
01-19-2010, 08:25 PM

So what?

I couldn't watch it. The account would have expired and i would have had to renew it anyway. A cousin of mine also has it. Big fucking deal, what are they gonna do with it? They can't add any sort of expense to it without a credit card anyway. And to change the password or anything else you need access to the E-mail used to create the account. Maybe you didn't know anything about this or how it works but you have an opinion anyway. Interesting.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 08:29 PM
So what?

I couldn't watch it. The account would have expired and i would have had to renew it anyway. A cousin of mine also has it. Big fucking deal, what are they gonna do with it? They can't add any sort of expense to it without a credit card anyway. And to change the password or anything else you need access to the E-mail used to create the account. Maybe you didn't know anything about this or how it works but you have an opinion anyway. Interesting.

I don't care. You made this shit up just to back her up just like you do time after time.

Oh, BTW, I love the gutless invisable mode.

Dipre
01-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't care. You made this shit up just to back her up just like you do time after time.

Bullshit.

If you don't want to believe me, that's fine. The point is she can give her opinion on whatever the fuck she wants to, specially if it harms no one. As far as i'm concerned, you just need to stop being such an ass. If anyone's making shit up here, it's you.

Dipre
01-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh, BTW, I love the gutless invisable mode.

Not gutless, strategic.

That way i can jump on assholes like you without them knowing when i'll strike.

Anyways, i'm done. You're obviously just trying to be an asshole, and this has already been established. Chill-the-fuck-out.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Not gutless, strategic.

That way i can jump on assholes like you without them knowing when i'll strike.

Anyways, i'm done. You're obviously just trying to be an asshole, and this has already been established. Chill-the-fuck-out.

Good, just stop lying, posting about things that dpn't pertain to you, and attempting to be an internet bully.

Emmz
01-19-2010, 08:39 PM

Actually, for the record, I've used this. And stop being a fucking asshole for no reason.

Jesus Christ, this was completely uncalled for. You just feel the urge to attack someone out of nowhere, who's trying to be friendly to someone new to the site, and even more, you try and hijack a thread? Wow, how old are you? 7?

Dipre
01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Good, just stop lying, posting about things that dpn't pertain to you, and attempting to be an internet bully.

Ooooooh.

Much butthurt when called out on his bullshit.

Keep going. Show your true colors. We already know what you really are.

Emmz
01-19-2010, 08:42 PM

Says the guy who just tried to attack me out of nowhere. You're a hypocrite, and you'll be treated accordingly. That was an attack out of nowhere, for no reason. I was trying to be friendly and give some advice, and you decide to ram up my ass the fact that I'm poor and can't afford to buy it or some shit like that.

Cool, I don't care. I've used it before, it seemed like it was a good deal. All I said was that from what I heard, it's a good deal. How is that something that warrants an attack?

Emmz
01-19-2010, 08:46 PM

What? How is that a man without honor? And you have no backings to your claim. You're making some blind ass assumption that maybe my friend or something doesn't have it.... Yeah, because I have lots of friends who kinda like baseball, and actually, I have about a handful of friends who use the service.

I've used mlb.tv more than once, on more than one computer.

Seriously, there's absolutely nothing substantial to your argument, so stop trying to be an e-bully.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-19-2010, 08:51 PM
What? How is that a man without honor? And you have no backings to your claim. You're making some blind ass assumption that maybe my friend or something doesn't have it.... Yeah, because I have lots of friends who kinda like baseball, and actually, I have about a handful of friends who use the service.

I've used mlb.tv more than once, on more than one computer.

Seriously, there's absolutely nothing substantial to your argument, so stop trying to be an e-bully.

And you know this how?

Illegally using/sharing services is called theft.

Spudboy
01-19-2010, 08:58 PM
*Googles FCC phone number*

Dipre
01-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Because half the site wasn't using a certain website to see the games anyway. :lol:

Emmz
And you know this how?

Oh, well, excuse me :rolleyes:

Illegally using/sharing services is called theft.

Huh, well I don't remember that, he's probably just defending me, but I have used it before. He lied to you, so therefore, he's a cowardly piece of Dominican trash, right?

I've used it at a couple of friends' house. Completely legal.

Spudboy
This was a pleasant little thread.

Too bad it will be locked.

Great impression for our new member in the U.K..

Emmz
01-19-2010, 09:01 PM

Well played. :lol:

Emmz
01-19-2010, 09:03 PM
This was a pleasant little thread.

Too bad it will be locked.

Great impression for our new member in the U.K..

Yeah, and look at where it started. I made a friendly comment about the mlb.tv service, and then SFOC has to turn this into an imaginary dick-measuring contest.

I'm astonished how he was able to use that to attack me.

As for the new member, I only hope he stays after this.

yeszir
01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
You're all assholes and none of you deserves to be on this site.

yeszir
01-19-2010, 09:43 PM
You're all assholes and none of you deserves to be on this site.

You pick sides! You're mean! I'm going to PM you with a message that starts with "For the record...."

Soxfan#1
01-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I love you, Dave.

yeszir
01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I love you, Dave.

You're short so fuck you!

Ahhhhhhhh I love fighting!

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Soxfan#1
01-19-2010, 09:54 PM
My top 3 pick up lines

Emmz
01-19-2010, 09:55 PM
:lol:

Coco's Disciples
01-19-2010, 10:21 PM
*Punches the board in the face*

Youk Of The Nation
01-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Why the ear, man!?

yeszir
01-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Mods, to the mod forum!

suns
01-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Theres a mod forum?

Dipre
01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Theres a mod forum?

*sigh*

yeszir
01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Theres a mod forum?

No.

Thread locked. Except for the part where we make a post explaining the bans.

Coco's Disciples
01-19-2010, 10:38 PM
You guys should all start reading either Moby Dick or A Tale of Two Cities, pronto.

msubulldogs21
01-19-2010, 10:42 PM
You guys should all start reading either Moby Dick or A Tale of Two Cities, pronto.

...Or both

yeszir
01-19-2010, 10:57 PM

...Or both

:lol::lol:

yeszir
01-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Every single post on the first page of this thread was made by a member who is now banned.

yeszir
01-19-2010, 11:21 PM
That's right folks, this is the official "Why Have I Been Banned?" Thread.

Sox Fan on Cape: 1 week for needlessly instigating conflict
Dipre: 1 week for taking that conflict, which could have been avoided, and running with it.
bsox0407: 2 months (*See conditions below) For consistently jumping into fights in which he doesn't belong and generally contributing nothing at all.

* The 2 month ban will be shortened should bsox0407 read IN ITS ENTIRETY Charles Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities" and submits a book review of AT LEAST 750 (spell checked) words to Talksox members via the contact us email located at the bottom of all pages. Should it be determined that bsox0407 did not, in fact, read "A Tale of Two Cities" and instead fabricated a book report by compiling easy to Google facts from the internet, his ban will be made permanent. The ban will be lifted upon receipt of the book review and follow up confirmation.

DO NOT send angry PMs or Emails to the moderating staff. These bans (and in all honestly, stricter punishment) are warranted. Please cut out this childish crap.

Thank you

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-20-2010, 09:17 AM
That's right folks, this is the official "Why Have I Been Banned?" Thread.

Like, for everything? Oh yay!

VA Sox Fan
01-20-2010, 09:49 AM
WOW!!!! DAMN!!!! WOW!!!!

I've wanted to post something for a while. I don't understand folks around my age and older engaging in "bannable behavior" with younger folks on the forum. SFOC isn't the first Baby Boomer here to be banned. Grow up folks and have fun. Life is too short. Seriously. Let's Go Red Sox!

26 to 6
01-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Honestly I'm shocked to have seen SFoC involved in this resulting in his temporary ban. After all he's done for this forum and it's members over the years it's hard to believe that a ban was put in place, but that's yeszir and the mod's call so we have to respect it. Granted he doesn't post very often, but the generosity he's displayed over the years speaks volumes about his character as a person, but I can understand him getting tangled in this web. I just can't believe it went as far as it did. I think the one week bans for him and dipre were appropriate, but 2 months for 0407 seems a little excessive. Again, not my call though. He better start reading...

italstallianion
01-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Honestly I'm shocked to have seen SFoC involved in this resulting in his temporary ban. After all he's done for this forum and it's members over the years it's hard to believe that a ban was put in place, but that's yeszir and the mod's call so we have to respect it. Granted he doesn't post very often, but the generosity he's displayed over the years speaks volumes about his character as a person, but I can understand him getting tangled in this web. I just can't believe it went as far as it did.

It's only a temporary ban, so it's not like it's a serious thing. We all know that SFOC is a great contributor to this site and that he'll be back shortly. I'm sure that everyone on here has either been banned or has done something to deserve a temporary ban.

26 to 6
01-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah true, I just hope he doesn't hold any resentments upon his return, because losing his contributions would be a big loss for the board. He's one of the few of us still here from talksox's heyday. But you're right, ALL of us get a little out of hand at times, but we shouldn't be completely judged solely on those unfavorable incidents. Everyone knows I've had my share, and was even banned once for a few hours for saying the "f" word (no not fuck).

schillingouttheks
01-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah true, I just hope he doesn't hold any resentments upon his return, because losing his contributions would be a big loss for the board. He's one of the few of us still here from talksox's heyday. But you're right, ALL of us get a little out of hand at times, but we shouldn't be completely judged solely on those unfavorable incidents. Everyone knows I've had my share, and was even banned once for a few hours for saying the "f" word (no not fuck).

This is true, but the SFoC/Dipre thing needs to stop. Fast.

YAZMAN
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
WOW!!!! DAMN!!!! WOW!!!!

I've wanted to post something for a while. I don't understand folks around my age and older engaging in "bannable behavior" with younger folks on the forum. SFOC isn't the first Baby Boomer here to be banned. Grow up folks and have fun. Life is too short. Seriously. Let's Go Red Sox!

I learned my lesson....

well, actually, you asked me to stop, which made me stop and think, so I stopped.

I probably won't stop stopping anytime soon...

unless, of course, you ask me to stop.

26 to 6
01-20-2010, 02:41 PM
This is true, but the SFoC/Dipre thing needs to stop. Fast.
Agreed

YAZMAN
01-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Everyone knows I've had my share, and was even banned once for a few hours for saying the "f" word (no not fuck).

Fast Freddie?

VA Sox Fan
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
I learned my lesson....

well, actually, you asked me to stop, which made me stop and think, so I stopped.

I probably won't stop stopping anytime soon...

unless, of course, you ask me to stop.

:lol: Ha ha my bro! :lol:

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Honestly I'm shocked to have seen SFoC involved in this resulting in his temporary ban. After all he's done for this forum and it's members over the years it's hard to believe that a ban was put in place, but that's yeszir and the mod's call so we have to respect it. Granted he doesn't post very often, but the generosity he's displayed over the years speaks volumes about his character as a person, but I can understand him getting tangled in this web. I just can't believe it went as far as it did. I think the one week bans for him and dipre were appropriate, but 2 months for 0407 seems a little excessive. Again, not my call though. He better start reading...
Why should past acts be considered when deciding to ban someone (for a mere week) who definitely deserved it, was definitely looking to instigate, and had been doing this to various people unpunished for a while now?

To be compeletely honest, I haven't seen anything from him in my time here that would warrant that 'Talksox nicest member' title he had for so long. His 'generosity' tends to be neutralized by what seems to be non-stop snittiness and wiseassery. I'm not claiming I'm a saint either, or close to it, but to not ban someone who was CLEARLY out of line just because of what he did months/years ago is pretty silly. I would have given him 10 days to 2 weeks instead of one week. I don't agree with the premise that the baitee should punished just as much as the baiter. When people do get banned for conflicts like this, that seems to be the general route taken, and I don't know why.

All in theory, I have no say in this.

26 to 6
01-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Why should past acts be considered when deciding to ban someone (for a mere week) who definitely deserved it, was definitely looking to instigate, and had been doing this to various people unpunished for a while now?

To be compeletely honest, I haven't seen anything from him in my time here that would warrant that 'Talksox nicest member' title he had for so long. His 'generosity' tends to be neutralized by what seems to be non-stop snittiness and wiseassery. I'm not claiming I'm a saint either, or close to it, but to not ban someone who was CLEARLY out of line just because of what he did months/years ago is pretty silly. I would have given him 10 days to 2 weeks instead of one week. I don't agree with the premise that the baitee should punished just as much as the baiter. When people do get banned for conflicts like this, that seems to be the general route taken, and I don't know why.

You're right, his past actions shouldn't be a factor when a ban is considered. He deserved it and rightfully so, I was just surprised. But as for his generosity, he's put a lot of his own personal money into the site, including cash prizes for contests, game tickets, fairly expensive christmas presents for everyone, t-shirts, etc. Doesn't excuse his actions, but we (those of us who were here) shouldn't forget his generosity either.

Soxfan#1
01-20-2010, 07:23 PM

I agree completely.

RedSoxRooter
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
You're right, his past actions shouldn't be a factor when a ban is considered. He deserved it and rightfully so, I was just surprised. But as for his generosity, he's put a lot of his own personal money into the site, including cash prizes for contests, game tickets, fairly expensive christmas presents for everyone, t-shirts, etc. Doesn't excuse his actions, but we (those of us who were here) shouldn't forget his generosity either.

Agreed. When I read his comments in that thread, it almost doesn't sound like him, so I went back looking for why someone hijacked his account...:o I've never seen the offline stuff he gets into or PMs and don't recall seeing him be a dick to anyone so maybe I just missed that.

But yeah, he's been like the Santa of the site and does the Superbowl grid all out of his own pocket.

yeszir
01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Everyone is agreeing with each other! Wtf happened to Talksox.

suns
01-20-2010, 08:41 PM
I also agree with J_E by the way.

Keeper
01-20-2010, 08:44 PM
I agree with no one! Not even myself!

yeszir
01-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree with no one! Not even myself!

Much better.

Youk Of The Nation
01-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Wait, if we all disagree with each other out of principlle, doesn't the act of everyone accepting that principle mean we're actually all in agreement?

*space-time continuum implodes into eternal self-energizing vortex of doom*

suns
01-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree to not disagree but also not to agree. Yep, makes no sense to me.

Emmz
01-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Wait, if we all disagree with each other out of principlle, doesn't the act of everyone accepting that principle mean we're actually all in agreement?

*space-time continuum implodes into eternal self-energizing vortex of doom*

:lol: