PDA

View Full Version : Midseason Draft 3rd Place Game: #1 italstallion vs #3 divinity

yrtb
08-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Team: Erin Andrews Likes It Raw

C: Brian McCann
1B: Justin Morneau
2B: Chase Utley
SS: Rafael Furcal
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
LF: Carl Crawford
CF: Torii Hunter
RF: Shin Soo Choo
DH: Manny Ramirez

Lineup

1. Carl Crawford (L)
2. Chase Utley (L)
3. Ryan Zimmerman (R)
4. Justin Morneau (L)
5. Manny Ramirez (R)
6. Brian McCann (L)
7. Torii Hunter (R)
8. Shin Soo Choo (L)
9. Rafael Furcal (S)

Bench

BE: Geovany Soto C (R)
BE: Yunel Escobar SS (R)
BE: Lance Berkman 1B/RF (S)
BE: Rickie Weeks 2B (R)
BE: Jorge Cantu 3B (R)

Rotation

SP: Zack Greinke (R)
SP: Roy Oswalt (R)
SP: Jeff Niemann (R)
SP: Ryan Dempster (R)
SP: Hiroki Kuroda (R)

Bullpen

LR: JA Happ (L)
MR: Tim Stauffer (R)
MR: Darren Oliver (L)
SU: Neftali Feliz (R)
SU: Carlos Marmol (R)
CL: Billy Wagner (L)

Multiple Scorgasms

C Victor Martinez
1B Miguel Cabrera
2B Ben Zobrist
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Elvis Andrus
RF Ichiro Suzuki
CF Matt Kemp
LF Shane Victorino
DH Ryan Howard

Lineup

1. Ichiro Suzuki
2. Ben Zobrist
3. Miguel Cabrera
4. Alex Rodriguez
5. Ryan Howard
6. Victor Martinez
7. Matt Kemp
8. Shane Victorino
9. Elvis Andrus

Rotation

1. CC Sabathia
2. Stephen Strasburg
3. Andy Pettitte
4. Matt Garza
5. Javier Vazquez

Bullpen

LR Kris Melden
MR Dan Wheeler
MR Ryan Franklin
SU Brian Fuentes
SU Francisco Rodriguez
CL Brian Wilson

Bench:

Johnny Damon (LF)
BJ Upton (CF)
Ty Wigginton (1B,2B,3B )
AJ Burnett (SP)
Mike Napoli (1B, C)

yrtb
08-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I think that italstallion has the slightly better lineup, that the rotation is about a push, because although divinity has a better #1 starter italstallion has the better back end of the rotation, and that italstallion has the better bullpen

So I vote italstallions team

Divinity
08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
C: Brian McCann push Victor Martinez
1B: Justin Morneau < Miguel Cabrera
2B: Chase Utley > Ben Zobrist
SS: Rafael Furcal > Elvis Andrus
3B: Ryan Zimmerman < Alex Rodrigeuz
LF: Carl Crawford > Shane Victorino
CF: Torii Hunter push Matt Kemp
RF: Shin Soo Choo < Ichiro Suzuki
DH: Manny Ramirez < Ryan Howard

I vote for myself having a slightly better lineup, Rotation's are a push, his bullpen a little better. Close matchup

bsox0407
08-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Divinity is the winner in my opinion.

italstallianion
08-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I have to vote for my team. I will get more details when I come back from vacation.

italstallianion
08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
C: Brian McCann push Victor Martinez
1B: Justin Morneau < Miguel Cabrera
2B: Chase Utley > Ben Zobrist
SS: Rafael Furcal > Elvis Andrus
3B: Ryan Zimmerman < Alex Rodrigeuz
LF: Carl Crawford > Shane Victorino
CF: Torii Hunter push Matt Kemp
RF: Shin Soo Choo < Ichiro Suzuki
DH: Manny Ramirez < Ryan Howard

I vote for myself having a slightly better lineup, Rotation's are a push, his bullpen a little better. Close matchup

To specify my vote, I think I have a noticeably better rotation (Divinity hurt himself by drafting a lot of Yankee Starters that either aren't doing well this year, or had bad years past. I think that my bullpen is better, and that the lineups are very close. (I think that Ytrb, Divinity and I, in no order, had the best 3 lineups in the league.)

The only real disagreement I have with Divinity's lineup comparisons is that I think that Hunter is better than Kemp because Hunter is one of the best defensive CF's and that Kemp is one of the absolute worst CF defenders, and that Kemp is having an uncharacteristically bad year thus far. That would make our lineups tied at 4-4-1.

italstallianion
08-21-2010, 06:27 PM
To be more specific on the rotation, Javier Vasquez has been horrible this year, and didn't have a good 2008 either. He'll get k's, but I think that those are one of the more overrated numbers (apart from wins). His ERA's were 4.67, 2.87, and 4.89.

Andy Pettitte, his 3 starter, while he is having a fine year, had a 4.16 ERA last year and a 4.54 ERA the previous year.

Strasburg has a high cieling, but is unpredictable and unestablished at this point, and can't be chosen over a an established starter with consistently good numbers. I think that Strasburg hasn't played enough yet to put him as a #2 starter in this type of draft, especially with previous years being worth consideration.

Garza and Sabathia are legit picks though. I'd give him Sabathia over Greinke and I think that I'd take all of the other SP matchups, many of which by a large margin.

I also think that having AJ Burnett on the roster is a big poison pill.

Divinity
08-22-2010, 01:28 AM
To be fair if this were a real playoff matchup we'd be using a 4 man rotation so I'd never let Vazquez on the field. Also CC Sabathia, Andy Pettitte, and Matt Garza are all AL East pitchers which should reward them with a slight boost for pitching in the toughest division in MLB.

Divinity
08-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Sabathia , Garza, and Pettitte have also proved they can handle the pressure and pitch well in post season when it matters most.

I agree you have a edge in pitching on paper but if were a real series I believe it would be alot closer then you think.

italstallianion
08-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Sabathia , Garza, and Pettitte have also proved they can handle the pressure and pitch well in post season when it matters most.

I agree you have a edge in pitching on paper but if were a real series I believe it would be alot closer then you think.

For the record, I reread the rules on this draft, and I don't think Ytrb said anything about this being a palkyoff series draft. He said that there would be a playoff tournament, but said nothing about whether or not the teams would face in the regular season or post season.

If this were a postseason only draft, then we wouldn't have needed to have made 25 selections.

I know Jbay voted a lot based on this being a playoff series rather than an overall regular season matchup. It doesn't really matter here, but it would have been good to have established that last round, although I still think I would have been f***** in the end.

yrtb
08-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Next vote wins...it's 2-2