PDA

View Full Version : A new mod is needed

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Most of the mods don't even log in. YOTN is probably the only active one as of now and he only hangs out in the off topic threads. I think it's a good idea and the front runner should be Example1.

Example1 would be a great mod. He's always online, gets along with pretty much everyone on the forum, he is well known, doesn't start or get into fights, and he's a nice person. Runners up should be VA Sox fan and Palodios. This is just a tought. I hope Yeszir takes this into consideration.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Rivernator2004 is well on his way to a promotion. Just my two cents.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-22-2012, 04:28 AM
looool. He'd be on the board 24/7. There would no longer be any problems on talksox.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 04:29 AM
In all seriousness, I'd say Palodios.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-22-2012, 04:31 AM
He's seems like a fair choice. Now we have to see if the boss will give him the job.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I say we have an election.

Sox Fan on Cape
01-22-2012, 04:34 AM
What makes you think he wants it ? Besides, Talksox isn't a democracy.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-22-2012, 04:35 AM
We're just throwing out ideas. Chill the fuck out. If he doesn't want it then he doesn't want it. Done deal.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 04:39 AM
I think its kind of just a for shits thread, if for nothing else to get the word out that a new mod or even two is kinda in need. The most active is YOTN and he doesn't even.log in much. The others sometimes dont even post for weeks. Some dont even log in. Kinda a valid concern. But yeah yeszir is obviously the emperor of talksox, regardless of what a700 says. sorry :<

Sox Fan on Cape
01-22-2012, 04:39 AM
I'm just saying, there have been a number of offers made to members to be made Mods and they turned it down for various reasons. Sorry you're so sensitive. I made no offense to anyone.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-22-2012, 04:44 AM
No apology needed. I thought you were coming off a bit snarky but it turns out you meant no harm.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 04:48 AM
You're at your PM limit bro. :p

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-22-2012, 04:50 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about :D

Palodios
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
In all seriousness, I'd say Palodios.

Thanks for the nom. I'd consider it, although I would bet that I get a little too confrontational at times to be a mod here. That being said, I'd probably tone it down a bit if I had authority :lol:

yeszir
01-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Apologies for the disgusting photos that slipped through. Looks like they stretched back to yesterday. When you see stuff like that PLEASE REPORT THE POSTS. The first reported post came through at 4 AM.

yeszir
01-22-2012, 01:40 PM
But anyways, a new mod is something I've been thinking about for a while. Where's that Adam guy when you need him? Maybe we'll add someone else as activity picks up before the season.

VA Sox Fan
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Most of the mods don't even log in. YOTN is probably the only active one as of now and he only hangs out in the off topic threads. I think it's a good idea and the front runner should be Example1.

Example1 would be a great mod. He's always online, gets along with pretty much everyone on the forum, he is well known, doesn't start or get into fights, and he's a nice person. Runners up should be VA Sox fan and Palodios. This is just a tought. I hope Yeszir takes this into consideration.

Thanks but...:lol:LMAO:lol:

Flynnatic10
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I agree with RSFFL. Let's wait until April for when activity picks up.

a700hitter
01-22-2012, 02:07 PM

The place is running just fine. It's always been a very open forum where we have a lot of leeway. Every once in a while a crazy troll comes back and blows up almost immediately.

Laser Show
01-22-2012, 03:56 PM
This board doesn't really need much moderation. It's not that huge, and everyone is well behaved for the most part

BigPapiEnFuego
01-22-2012, 04:02 PM
I like the idea of Palodios as mod. If not him then me ;)

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-22-2012, 04:13 PM
This board doesn't really need much moderation. It's not that huge, and everyone is well behaved for the most part

.....lol you're like never online.

VA Sox Fan
01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I think this place could use a new Mod.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-22-2012, 06:13 PM
What'd I miss?

Emmz
01-22-2012, 07:10 PM
A troll named Rivernator2004 got cut up because I said he's got psychological problems.

a700hitter
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
A troll named Rivernator2004 got cut up because I said he's got psychological problems.We jumped on him and pounded him before he even could make a good troll attempt.:lol:

VA Sox Fan
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
A troll named Rivernator2004 got cut up because I said he's got psychological problems.

jacko used to go by The Rivernator.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah i know, I've read the old forums. And @ a700, he posted shock images and spammed and made weird thread titles. It was funny to think how pathetic your life has to be to do that stuff.

jacksonianmarch
01-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes, I did. The guy was a troll

VA Sox Fan
01-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Yes, I did. The guy was a troll

I know it wasn't you goofball. The troll must have posted here before a long time ago. It's not like rivernator was in the mainstream.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 07:48 PM
It's that claybuccholz/nategrey dude, guarantee it. Idk who else that could be, but also pretty sure its the same dude as Reck.

VA Sox Fan
01-22-2012, 07:58 PM
It's that claybuccholz/nategrey dude, guarantee it. Idk who else that could be, but also pretty sure its the same dude as Reck.

Reck is still an active member.

a700hitter
01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Reck is still an active member.He wouldn't be the first to have multiple screen names on TalkSox at the same time.

VA Sox Fan
01-22-2012, 08:08 PM
He wouldn't be the first to have multiple screen names on TalkSox at the same time.

I know. Just hadn't seen him post in a while and when Emmz mentioned him, I assumed he had been banned but checked and he was not.

Emmz
01-22-2012, 08:15 PM
You can fix IP.

MANNYHOF24
01-23-2012, 12:58 PM
I wonder how Thumper's major leauge career is going?

ForeverYoung
01-23-2012, 04:24 PM
You can fix IP.

Can't fix ARP Cache.

Youk Of The Nation
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
It always gets like this in the offseason. Less baseball discussion, so less posting. I tend not to get very interested in the minutiae of contract negotiations and arbitration and whatnot, mainly because I barely understand most of it. I'm more of a "just the actual baseball" kind of guy. Not very complicated, I know, but that's how it is.

Once the season starts, YZ, CD, and I will certainly be around a lot more. Everybody chill out, max, and relax all cool.

Spudboy
01-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I wonder how Thumper's major leauge career is going?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spudboy
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree that the board does not need much moderation at this point. But based on history, more active moderation will be needed. I think Pal would be an excellent choice. Emmz would be a solid choice too.

Youk Of The Nation
01-24-2012, 06:34 PM
We're just throwing out ideas. Chill the fuck out. If he doesn't want it then he doesn't want it. Done deal.

The reason this site 'needs more active moderation' is because of stuff like this.

Random people signing on and posting disgusting pictures happens to most websties like this one. Normally theyre gone within minutes, unless its at a certain time of night.

But the constant bickering, the responding to posts with insults and profanity EVERY SINGLE TIME someone says something you don't like, is the reason this place is the way it is. New people come here and see the way you all act and assume it's okay to do that too.

I went back through a couple random threads in the TalkSox forum. I can't even keep track of how many times I saw the words "idiot" and "stupid", not to mention entire phrases devoted to explaining your position on a trade or acquisition that instead of being factual, are filled with curses and shots at the people who disagree with you.

We've tried plenty of times to stop this, but every time we do it ends up being ignored. People will send us messages complaining about how someone is harrassing them and how we haven't banned them, and then do the exact same thing themselves to someone else. And when it does become too much for us to allow, and we ban someone for being antagonistic and obnoxious, half of you complain about how awesome that person was, even though they did exactly the same things you were complaining about, only not to you, to other people.

In other words, we do the best we can considering every single decision we make is harped on endlessly by half of the people here.

It may seem like we're not around, but often we are, we're just looking and not posting. Stuff will be taken care of. And when the regular season starts, it'll all be back to normal, and you can tell people they don't know what the fuck theyre talking about because theyre stupid and then send me a PM explaining that someone should be banned for telling you you dont know what the fuck youre talking about, and feel smug about it, and life can go on.

In conclusion, we do what we do for good reasons.

BigPapiEnFuego
01-24-2012, 06:39 PM
The reason this site 'needs more active moderation' is because of stuff like this.

Random people signing on and posting disgusting pictures happens to most websties like this one. Normally theyre gone within minutes, unless its at a certain time of night.

But the constant bickering, the responding to posts with insults and profanity EVERY SINGLE TIME someone says something you don't like, is the reason this place is the way it is. New people come here and see the way you all act and assume it's okay to do that too.

I went back through a couple random threads in the TalkSox forum. I can't even keep track of how many times I saw the words "idiot" and "stupid", not to mention entire phrases devoted to explaining your position on a trade or acquisition that instead of being factual, are filled with curses and shots at the people who disagree with you.

We've tried plenty of times to stop this, but every time we do it ends up being ignored. People will send us messages complaining about how someone is harrassing them and how we haven't banned them, and then do the exact same thing themselves to someone else. And when it does become too much for us to allow, and we ban someone for being antagonistic and obnoxious, half of you complain about how awesome that person was, even though they did exactly the same things you were complaining about, only not to you, to other people.

In other words, we do the best we can considering every single decision we make is harped on endlessly by half of the people here.

It may seem like we're not around, but often we are, we're just looking and not posting. Stuff will be taken care of. And when the regular season starts, it'll all be back to normal, and you can tell people they don't know what the fuck theyre talking about because theyre stupid and then send me a PM explaining that someone should be banned for telling you you dont know what the fuck youre talking about, and feel smug about it, and life can go on.

Why don't you back this up with some stats, asshole?

Just kidding, that was a great post. Too bad no one will really see it in this less visited area of the forum. I think you should go and post it in every high traffic thread of every section.

a700hitter
01-24-2012, 07:00 PM

In conclusion, we do what we do for good reasons.You guys do a fine job. The last thing we need in this forum are over-reactive mods with hair triggers. This place would be emptied out pretty quickly.

Emmz
01-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I totally agree even if I'm in the group of people who fight all the time. I don't think every person I hate needs to get banned. Even when an entire forum hates one person you shouldn't just ban that person unless they get completely out of control. I've seen what nazi/overreacting mods can do to kill a forum. However I also have seen what can happen when there's no active mod presence. So I see the point I guess?

Youk Of The Nation
01-24-2012, 07:37 PM
You guys do a fine job. The last thing we need in this forum are over-reactive mods with hair triggers. This place would be emptied out pretty quickly.

Exactly. Trust me, weve considered banning every one of you at one time or another.

Especially you. Not a day goes by where I dont beg to ban a700hitter.

But its always 'fairness' this and 'you cant actually deliver an electrical shock through his computer' that.

Buzzkills, I tell you.

Emmz
01-24-2012, 07:43 PM
You take the internet way too seriously dude.

Youk Of The Nation
01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I do not! Take that back or I'll drive all the way out to Minnesota and punch you!

Emmz
01-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd make a counter threat, but you'd probably just enjoy it, you masochist.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-24-2012, 08:11 PM

Good post. I apologized after I realized he didn't mean in a bad way. Still doesn't change what I feel about having a new mod. Yeszir himself he was even considering a new mod. SOTK and MSU are like never here(but great posters). You, Coco, and Yeszir are the only active ones. Even during the season Yeszir wasn't on that much(at least towards the end). I'm not saying you guys are bad. You do a good job because dumbasses like Suns, GoBruins etc. are gone. I just wanted to bring it up for discussion. If some people like the idea than good, if not oh well we just move on.

iortiz
01-24-2012, 08:18 PM
IMO the board is running well. Of course, it has had its ups and downs, but I think that as long as we respect each other beyond our opinions (agree/disagree), everything will be just fine. :)

Youk Of The Nation
01-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Good post. I apologized after I realized he didn't mean in a bad way. Still doesn't change what I feel about having a new mod. Yeszir himself he was even considering a new mod. SOTK and MSU are like never here(but great posters). You, Coco, and Yeszir are the only active ones. Even during the season Yeszir wasn't on that much(at least towards the end). I'm not saying you guys are bad. You do a good job because dumbasses like Suns, GoBruins etc. are gone. I just wanted to bring it up for discussion. If some people like the idea than good, if not oh well we just move on.

We have discussed bringing in a new mod before. In fact, I suggested it a few months ago.

I am just saying that if we don't, it's not the end of the world. TS will be fine either way.

Youk Of The Nation
01-24-2012, 08:29 PM
I'd make a counter threat, but you'd probably just enjoy it, you masochist.

Sadomasochist, thankyouverymuch.

a700hitter
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Exactly. Trust me, weve considered banning every one of you at one time or another.

Especially you. Not a day goes by where I dont beg to ban a700hitter.

But its always 'fairness' this and 'you cant actually deliver an electrical shock through his computer' that.

Buzzkills, I tell you.
You'd be doing me a favor.:lol: I spend so much time here that it can't be healthy.

a700hitter
01-24-2012, 08:36 PM
We have discussed bringing in a new mod before. In fact, I suggested it a few months ago.

I am just saying that if we don't, it's not the end of the world. TS will be fine either way.^ Strawman!!

Youk Of The Nation
01-24-2012, 08:39 PM
:lol: I am shamed.

yeszir
01-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Eloquent YOTN

JohnShaft
01-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Alright, I'll do it but only cos you insist and I'll only want a score (20) a day.

YAZMAN
02-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I know it wasn't you goofball. The troll must have posted here before a long time ago. It's not like rivernator was in the mainstream.

I think maybe it was billyboy. He was punished because he got caught by his mom smoking a cool, refreshing Mustang Menthol - with a lighter he stole from her. As he was grounded, all spinning kicks needed cyber-delivery.

WOOOOOOO!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MDF3530
02-08-2012, 01:58 AM
I probably wouldn't last very long as a mod or an active member here since my first (and most likely last) act would be to reinstate Dipre.

RedSoxfanforlife305
02-08-2012, 06:15 AM
I miss that guy. It's a shame the mods didn't see him the way others do.

yeszir
02-08-2012, 08:43 AM

You're laying it on a little thick there.

Emmz
02-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Ohhhhhh boy.

RedSoxfanforlife305
02-08-2012, 01:31 PM
What are you talking about?

Palodios
02-08-2012, 07:14 PM

You guys do realize he has a new account, right? He's Username?

User Name?
02-08-2012, 07:16 PM

Incorrect. I am President Richard Nixon. Multiple accounts are against this site's User Agreement.

VA Sox Fan
02-08-2012, 07:48 PM

What? :o

Palodios
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
What? :o

It was a joke:lol:

VA Sox Fan
02-08-2012, 07:52 PM
It was a joke:lol:

I thought so! :lol: :)

YAZMAN
02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I thought so! :lol: :)
Billy Ruane, however, is no joke.

The only problem is we'll never see him now with VH touring. He really needs to show up at one of the Fenway Brat shows and show them exactly what it means to be a quality front man for a Van Halen cover band.

VA Sox Fan
02-10-2012, 08:00 AM
I think maybe it was billyboy. He was punished because he got caught by his mom smoking a cool, refreshing Mustang Menthol - with a lighter he stole from her. As he was grounded, all spinning kicks needed cyber-delivery.

WOOOOOOO!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Billy Ruane, however, is no joke.

The only problem is we'll never see him now with VH touring. He really needs to show up at one of the Fenway Brat shows and show them exactly what it means to be a quality front man for a Van Halen cover band.

How I miss billyboy! :lol:

Rdsxmbnt
03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I'll take it