PDA

View Full Version : Cant Access Website

Soxfan#1
07-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Am I banned? Whenever I try to get to the site it says

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Using a proxy right now

Emmz
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Am I banned? Whenever I try to get to the site it says

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Using a proxy right now

I say you ban him for bypassing the database error.

yeszir
07-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Crap, this is a hosting issue thats affecting way more people than I thought. My last day of work is tomorrow so starting next week I should have some time to dedicate to cleaning this place up a bit haha.

yeszir
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
SF #1 what is your normal ISP? Comcast? Verizon?

Soxfan#1
07-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Verizon, but dude I just came to the site at work and everything was normal. Than I logged in and tried posting and it gave me the same forbidden message and now the site won't load at work anymore. On a proxy again.

DAVE UNBAN ME I AM THE HEART AND SOUL OF TALKSOX

Youk Of The Nation
07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
This is what you get for going on TS while at work!

Soxfan#1
07-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Talksox is my work :o

Youk Of The Nation
07-13-2012, 10:43 PM
You know, seeing you post is the number one thing that makes me aware of the fact that I have been here for over 7 years. I mean, when I first joined you were annoying and immature and I could barely understand some of your posts. Now your baseball-related posts are cogent, well-written and capable of sparking a reasonable discussion and your non-baseball posts no longer make me wish your parents had hit you a lot.

In short, you're a cool dude now. It's bizarre watching someone actually grow up without ever meeting them in person. :lol:

Soxfan#1
07-13-2012, 10:50 PM
My parents did hit me a lot. Awkward...

Just kidding. You'll always be a great guy in my book, Derek.

Youk Of The Nation
07-13-2012, 11:02 PM
You're basically the only annoying kid who made it. Adam123, suns, et cetera...they all got themselves banned before they could mature. :lol:

Ahhh, suns. I'll always remember him because I have never had such a universally positive response to a banning of a longtime member. From the posts immediately following it, you would have thought I killed Hitler with my bare hands.

yeszir
07-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Yea Verizon seems to be having issues. Thanks for the info hopefully I'll get it sorted out.

SCM33
07-13-2012, 11:40 PM
You're basically the only annoying kid who made it. Adam123, suns, et cetera...they all got themselves banned before they could mature. :lol:

Ahhh, suns. I'll always remember him because I have never had such a universally positive response to a banning of a longtime member. From the posts immediately following it, you would have thought I killed Hitler with my bare hands.

Did you ever see the suns school band picture?

mvp 78
07-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Suns never bothered me. He was far less obnoxious than many posters on here that people like.

Youk Of The Nation
07-14-2012, 09:51 PM
He didn't bother me much at first. He was obnoxious but in a harmless way, and I either ignored him or made fun of him when it was easy. But then he suddenly started turning into the biggest pain in the ass in gamethreads.

yeszir
07-16-2012, 08:07 AM
For people that can access the site regularly: how often do you get database errors/page not found errors?

VA Sox Fan
07-16-2012, 10:45 AM
For people that can access the site regularly: how often do you get database errors/page not found errors?

Maybe twice a month. But today, I couldn't access it at all for a few hours.

yeszir
07-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Ugh. Ok I'm talking to the host. I may end up switching this week.

Youk Of The Nation
07-16-2012, 02:43 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I get them multiple times a day. They never last, though. All I do is refresh the page and it's back to normal.

yeszir
07-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Ok. Think I'm gonna switch hosts, this is annoying. Significant cost increase though. Oh well

Emmz
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I usually get those several times daily as well. Sometimes it takes one refresh, sometimes it takes 10 minutes or more.

Youk Of The Nation
07-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Ok. Think I'm gonna switch hosts, this is annoying. Significant cost increase though. Oh well

Looks like it might be time to ask Nomar to come back.