PDA

View Full Version : April 22nd @ Toronto

dirtdogman5
04-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Let's get out with an easy win to secure the sweep tonight. Blow 'em out so we don't use Foulke and the whole bullpen is rested for the Yankees. The Sox had some trouble with Batista last time but I wouldn't count on any trouble this time. I'm kinda happy this series is ending because this Toronto crowd is putting me to sleep. Even Remy and Orsillo/McDonough seem alseep.

yeszir
04-22-2004, 05:50 PM
I haven't seen a sox game in a while. I'm looking forward to seeing this one. :D

RedSoxRooter
04-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by dirtdogman5@Apr 22 2004, 04:33 PM
I'm kinda happy this series is ending because this Toronto crowd is putting me to sleep.
Yeah, but it's good to know these sox can take care of business even when the energy level is down. WAY down, really, after last weekend. Last year's Sox had trouble in series like this one.

But I agree on the crowd. I stay awake by staring at the hottie behind the plate. She (or someone like her) is there every year. :wub:

RedSoxRooter
04-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Anyone see the new NESN ad? The one about A-Rod and "Round 2" this weekend?

That's probably the best NESN ad I've seen. It ROCKS!!!!!!

yeszir
04-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by RedSoxRooter@Apr 22 2004, 08:06 PM
Anyone see the new NESN ad? The one about A-Rod and "Round 2" this weekend?

That's probably the best NESN ad I've seen. It ROCKS!!!!!!
Whats on it? I have yet to see it. Not a huge fan of commercials. :P

CalvnHobs6
04-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Ortiz hits a JACK. Manny and Tek are remaining hot.

TheFens
04-22-2004, 07:43 PM
:D Schilling = amaaaaaaazing. I love this guy.

dirtdogman5
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Chris Gomez? I think Tito left Schilling in a little long. :angry:

RedSoxRooter
04-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Yes. You are right. But as far as managing, I don't mind this.

First, Schilling was rested enough. He was yanked too early last start and had 8 innings in him. His job tonight was to save the bullpen. He did it.

Second, it saves the pen for the Yanks this weekend *this is big*- with Lowe, Arroyo and Pedro going.

It gives a home win to Theo's good friend JP finally... (politics in baseball are highly ignored)

It - to me - brings everybody back to earth. They will be out to win tomorrow night.

Schilling pitched well, but the offense was bad. What the hell's up with Bellhorn? Is he TRYING to walk every at bat??? Between Pokey and Bellhorn, you have 75% of one good player...

But in the end, the Sox head to NY hungry for a win, with a fresh pen. Bring on Friday night. Tonight was a healthy loss.

yeszir
04-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Doh! I hope that this negative momentum (losing like that late in the game in front of an empty sky dome is never good for morale) won't carry over to the yankee series.

But as RSR just mentioned, it does save the bullpen for the yankees, giving us an advantage in my mind. Hopefully A-Rod doesnt pick now as the time to break out of his slump.

yeszir
04-23-2004, 09:09 AM
whoa, I just remembered; that was the first Blue Jay's victory at home. Its embarrasing that it had to come against the sox and schilling.

dirtdogman5
04-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 23 2004, 09:09 AM
whoa, I just remembered; that was the first Blue Jay's victory at home. Its embarrasing that it had to come against the sox and schilling.
Eh will give them one.