PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

SCM33
10-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Where did everyone go?

It is absolutely bullshit that everyone disappeared now that things are tough.

This forum, and lack of activity since the season ended.....is the exact reason I have always said that the Redsox have the worst fans in Boston.

I can't wait til next spring training when all the phonies return, only to have MY "fandom" questioned for being critical and realistic.......

Palodios
10-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Well, it isn't like there is much to talk about. The only thing going on right now is hiring coaches. When the offseason starts, I think more people will get excited about the team again.

RedSoxfanforlife305
10-28-2012, 11:23 AM
I want WhiskeyBreath, TheKilo, ORS, Dipre(if he wasn't banned for some bullshit),VA, Spudboy and Ital to return for good. I've been thinking about the old posters for a while, that's why I put in my sig "where'd all the old posters go?"

Station 13
10-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I see names on who visited. Guess they turn into lurkers.

mvp 78
10-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I think people will post more once the WS is over and FA/trades begin to happen.

In terms of fanbases, I'd go:

Pats (worst)
Sox
C's
Bruins (best)

Palodios
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
I think people will post more once the WS is over and FA/trades begin to happen.

In terms of fanbases, I'd go:

Pats (worst)
Sox
C's
Bruins (best)

Have you been to a Celtics game lately?
Last time I went, a bunch of drunken idiots refused to stop swearing obscenities in front of the kids that were sitting behind them, and threatened the father. And that wasn't the only incident... on a Tuesday night game. That's usually how my experience goes with the Celtics.

Red Sox fans may not be dedicated, but atleast they're civil.

mvp 78
10-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah, there's never been overly drunk and obnoxious fans at Fenway...

Palodios
10-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, there's never been overly drunk and obnoxious fans at Fenway...

Obnoxious and dangerous are two very different things.:lol:

I'm constantly annoyed by fans at Red Sox, but I'm never concerned about them sticking a knife out, and putting a hole in my chest.

Emmz
10-28-2012, 05:19 PM
I just don't have time like I used to.

jacksonianmarch
10-28-2012, 08:51 PM
2 young kids. My days are filled with Barney and Super Why.

iortiz
10-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I just don't have time like I used to.

Same, but I read some threads once in while in order to be informed about our team.

Regards everyone!

VA Sox Fan
10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Well, it isn't like there is much to talk about. The only thing going on right now is hiring coaches. When the offseason starts, I think more people will get excited about the team again.

I agree. Just not much to talk about right now. I'm psyched about the off season and always look forward to Spring Training.

SO VERY glad the 2012 season is over and Bobby V is gone!!

I miss a lot of the old posters as well.

I used to post a lot while at work, but have trouble the accessing the site for some reason and work has been crazy busy as well.

Hope you all are well!

User Name?
10-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Got accepted into a PhD program, finishing my Master's Project Paper, got promoted at work twice and lifting take up most of my time. I lurk sometimes, and i'll probably have a lot more free time soon since i don't start taking classes again until September.

Laser Show
10-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I bought a house July 31, then 2 weeks later my wife and I separated and she took my daughter back to Syracuse with her. So in order to keep busy, I've been going to the gym and lifting heavy things and putting them back down. Also taking 1 online course at a time and working 56 hours a week leaves me absolutely no time to do anything. I do lurk though.

VA Sox Fan
10-29-2012, 07:24 PM
I bought a house July 31, then 2 weeks later my wife and I separated and she took my daughter back to Syracuse with her. So in order to keep busy, I've been going to the gym and lifting heavy things and putting them back down. Also taking 1 online course at a time and working 56 hours a week leaves me absolutely no time to do anything. I do lurk though.

WOW! Sorry to hear that! Hang in there.

cbbosox
10-30-2012, 07:36 AM
My son made a travel baseball team (u8) and I was named asst. Coach.
That has been taking up a lot of time but I look forward to seeing what the sox will do in the off season.
We watched 4 days in October on netflix last night and seeing what happened in 2004
Never gets old

MANNYHOF24
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Just because people don't post on a forum, doesn't mean they have lost their fandom. Jesus

VA Sox Fan
10-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Just because people don't post on a forum, doesn't mean they have lost their fandom. Jesus

Nice. Thank you.

SCM33
10-30-2012, 11:29 PM

Thats fine, just don't be one of the people who question someone elses next year, which will happen like clockwork around here.....just in time for spring training.

Ive never seen this place so dead, for such a long span.

I actually saw an advertising spam bot (XRumerTest) as the only other "active" poster other than myself, pretty sad.

yeszir
10-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Site traffic is equal to what it was last year and above previous years at this point in time. The slowdown isn't a referendum on Red Sox fanhood or anything. It's just a slow time to be a Red Sox fan and generally a very busy time to be a person.

There's nothing sad about it.

Youk Of The Nation
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
two whloe pages and noone missess me...how disapointing :lol::

just dropping int to say hi eveyone...so hi everyone!!!!!

bye

mvp 78
11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
two whloe pages and noone missess me...how disapointing :lol::

just dropping int to say hi eveyone...so hi everyone!!!!!

bye

Wow, that was even shorter than SCM's sabbatical. Can't say I'm surprised though.

RedSoxfanforlife305
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
These things never last...

You did call it though

SCM33
11-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Wow, that was even shorter than SCM's sabbatical. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Yeah....mine at least lasted 5 weeks :)

ibot2much
11-02-2012, 06:51 AM
In all my years on the internet, I have found that the grand good bye is ALWAYS a ploy to get people to beg you to stay. If you really want to leave a place for whatever reason, you JUST STOP posting

Bellhorn04
11-02-2012, 09:13 AM
In all my years on the internet, I have found that the grand good bye is ALWAYS a ploy to get people to beg you to stay. If you really want to leave a place for whatever reason, you JUST STOP posting

Heh heh...yep, that seems to be the way human nature works.

YAZMAN
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I hate Sandy....

Bellhorn04
11-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Where is 700hitter? He hasn't posted since Sandy. Hopefully he's OK.

Station 13
11-10-2012, 10:11 AM

He was seen logged on today.

Bellhorn04
11-10-2012, 10:30 AM
He was seen logged on today.

OK, thanks.

iortiz
11-10-2012, 10:31 PM

+1...

Regards Ted.

a700hitter
11-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Thank you for your concern. My immediate family made it through Sandy ok. We lost cable,phone and internet for about 5 days, but we had heat and electricity. The roads and mass transit have been a mess, and I was unable to get to work the first week. Overall, we were very, very lucky.

Other members of my family were not so lucky. My brother was without power for 13 days. He just got power back yesterday. He and my Sister in Law stayed at my house for the last week. We were in very cramped quarters, because we had undertaken a home improvement project before the storm arrived and most of our furniture is piled in 3 rooms and the other rooms are empty. Very little living space is left. My wife's cousin lost his home in Long Beach, and he, his wife and daughter may be arriving soon to stay for a considerable length of time. Things have been really crazy. Thanks for asking. I hope that everyone else came through Sandy safe and sound.

RedSoxfanforlife305
11-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the family a700, wish them the best. Hurricanes suck.

a700hitter
11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Sorry to hear about the family a700, wish them the best. Hurricanes suck.Thanks RSFL.

?who?
03-10-2013, 02:43 PM
A couple of threads like this lately. There are couple of names in this thread, and others that I dont recognize in my short time here.

italstallianion
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Likewise there are a bunch of new names I don't recognize. I've been sporadic lately since hitting the real world. When I go back to school I'll likely post more, if I can remember. I'm facebook friends with a bunch of people from here anyway so I almost feel like I'm posting on Talksox when I post on facebook.

?who?
03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Likewise there are a bunch of new names I don't recognize. I've been sporadic lately since hitting the real world. When I go back to school I'll likely post more, if I can remember. I'm facebook friends with a bunch of people from here anyway so I almost feel like I'm posting on Talksox when I post on facebook.

Yeah, who/where are example1, SCM33, YoukoftheNation, Emmz or some of the other people who contributed or created these threads?

Northern Star
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM
where IS Emmz?

SCM33
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Hello.

Youk Of The Nation
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah, who/where are example1, SCM33, YoukoftheNation, Emmz or some of the other people who contributed or created these threads?

I took a few months off of TS, intending not to come back, and I've spent a bit of time in the hospital during that period. I'm kind of here, but not as often as I used to be.

Youk Of The Nation
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
And hey there, SCM. Nice to see you. Still keeping the streets safe?

SCM33
03-17-2013, 11:06 PM
And hey there, SCM. Nice to see you. Still keeping the streets safe?

Trying to.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Trying to.

Just hold off Massachusetts until I become a police officer. If you're still active in law enforcement, you can ride shotgun when we catch criminals robbing banks.

SCM33
03-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Just hold off Massachusetts until I become a police officer. If you're still active in law enforcement, you can ride shotgun when we catch criminals robbing banks.

You can ride shotgun youngster, Ive been doing this for 7 years :)

DocHolliday
03-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Been really busy with work the last couple of months.

Glad to see the regular posters trickling back in and some new posters as well.

Less than a week from Opening Day - can't wait to get the season started!

Hope everyone is doing well and look forward to seeing everyone on the GTs and on the rest of the board.

Thunder
03-27-2013, 05:27 AM
I'm just coming back in myself. I had a very busy winter, but I'm ready for Opening Day!