PDA

View Full Version : The Video Game thread.

User Name?
01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
I noticed there's no catch-all thread for video games on site. I assume a lot of posters here are gamers, so how about posting what you're currently playing, as well as games you're waiting for, impressions and reviews.

What i'm currently playing:

DmC

FarCry 3

Darksiders 2

Dishonored

Will post my review on DmC soon.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Black Ops 2 and 2k13.

Black ops sucks but I play it the most because it's fun to play with friends online. 2k13 gets frustrating and boring quick but good game overall all. I like 2k12 better though.

Jasonbay44
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
All I really play right now is 2k13..but ill sometimes play Madden 13 and Black ops 2.

Nobody can even compete with me in 2K when I got the Clippers, I haven't lost to any of my friends yet and I'm 40-2 with the Clippers in online ranked games. I average like 40 PPG with Jamal Crawford and score near 100 points every time in 5 minute quarters.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
That's cause the dunking in that game is unstoppable. Here's how it works

1)inbound ball
2)lob it across the court and pass to Griffen
3)Dunk with Griffen
4)Repeat process

You could do the same with LeBron since he's a cheat code.

Jasonbay44
01-25-2013, 11:01 PM
That's cause the dunking in that game is unstoppable. Here's how it works

1)inbound ball
2)lob it across the court and pass to Griffen
3)Dunk with Griffen
4)Repeat process

You could do the same with LeBron since he's a cheat code.

I don't even do that though, I mainly dominate with CP3/Crawford in the mid range game. Crawford has like 90+ mid range and gets on fire so fast and literally wont miss.. I'm not saying I never throw oops to Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan, but I'm honestly just really good at shooting and thats why I do good.

I agree though, dunking under the hoop is really dumb. Just to make a point to some guy doing it with Dwight Howard and saying its realistic, I just passed it to Deandre Jordan and dunked every play and shot like 23/25 from the field with him on pretty much all dunks and scored over 50 points with him, a guy who literally cant do anything but dunk.. Its so cheap and dumb. playing online is boring/retarded when people do the except same thing. Choose Heat/Lakers/Thudner and abuse the shit out of dunking with star players.

Lebron is just ridiculous by the way, he is unguardable. He just drives and dunks over everyone and gets AND1's and if you try taking that away for some reason he is automatic from mid-range and three.. I have so much trouble guarding him.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-25-2013, 11:14 PM
It's all good, I just get the Knocks and drain 3's all day. There's no stopping Melo when he's hot. I like to use my own team, the Nuggets, but they have no D. I'm very bad on defense, the only way I win is outscoring my opponent.

Edit:Of course you have trouble guarding LeBron. He's a 98 overall, dude is literally a cheat code.

Jasonbay44
01-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah the Knicks are so nice. Melo and J.R. Smith bang everything.. I like using my own team also, but using the Wizards against Heat/Thunder/Lakers is not even fair in 2K, especially when the the game underrates the shit out of people.. Like Bradley Beal is such garbage in 2K.. I usually only use Wizards when my opponent is using someone who isn't Miami, OKC, Lakers, Clippers or Knicks. lol

Lebron is actually a 99 now, he is probably the best player I've ever seen in 2K, he shits on Michael Jordan on the legendary teams.

Palodios
01-26-2013, 12:28 AM
I just got the platinum trophy for Skyrim.

Might take a break from video games for a few years after that :lol:

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-26-2013, 10:03 AM
On default sliders 2k13 gets annoying but with more realistic sliders it's awesome.

I play BLOPS2 with friends online but I'm horrible at it. I stopped playing Madden 13 about a week after it came out. No franchise fantasy draft kills it. I play a lot of Halo 4 campaign and some spartan ops, but online multiplayer is just horrible. I can't play it without getting pissed off.

Jasonbay44
01-26-2013, 03:22 PM
They added a patch a few months ago to Madden adding a fantasy draft for offline and online connected careers. Honestly though, I didn't like Madden at all this year, I absolutely hated the game-play.

Emmz
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Was playing Assassin's Creed II and Hitman Absolution, kinda burned out on video games right after I completed ACII and before I started playing Hitman. Probably won't play many video games until GTA V brings my interest back up, but I'm totally psyched for it to come out.

I play Madden 13 too I guess, but the Vikings suck and the tackling is just bullshit. Don't even try using the hit stick.

Divinity
01-26-2013, 05:10 PM
I can't wait for GTA V ether, do you play games on 360 or PS3 Emmz?

Emmz
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM

User Name?
01-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Far Cry 3 is just bad ass.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-27-2013, 01:27 PM
GTA V will be game of the year, you heard it here first.

User Name?
01-27-2013, 03:39 PM
I bet another indie game wins it.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Shut your whore mouth

User Name?
01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
You'll see. They're all the rage right now.

onlybereaved
01-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Hitman; Absolution was worth the 6 year wait. Awesome game. Don't care much for contracts mode, although I don't hate on it; just not interested in it.

Also stoked for GTA.

Otherwise, I just play MLB12 The Show (Road To The Show Mode), and Tiger Woods here and there.

I threw BF3 away, because I had over 800 hours logged on it - needless to say it was taking up too much of my time, lol.

Porcupine penis
01-28-2013, 04:00 AM
All I really play right now is 2k13..but ill sometimes play Madden 13 and Black ops 2.

Nobody can even compete with me in 2K when I got the Clippers, I haven't lost to any of my friends yet and I'm 40-2 with the Clippers in online ranked games. I average like 40 PPG with Jamal Crawford and score near 100 points every time in 5 minute quarters.

Do you play on 360? ill shit on you with celtics while you use clippers if you do. I want you to play me and live stream game on like youtube and everything so the world can feel the asswhooping.

Same goes for all of yall. Add me: jadedacorn48587

Emmz
01-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Do you play on 360? ill shit on you with celtics while you use clippers if you do. I want you to play me and live stream game on like youtube and everything so the world can feel the asswhooping.

http://cdn2.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Bill-Gates-Oh-Youre-Cool.jpg

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Lmao

Emmz
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Hitman; Absolution was worth the 6 year wait. Awesome game. Don't care much for contracts mode, although I don't hate on it; just not interested in it.

Also stoked for GTA.

Otherwise, I just play MLB12 The Show (Road To The Show Mode), and Tiger Woods here and there.

I threw BF3 away, because I had over 800 hours logged on it - needless to say it was taking up too much of my time, lol.

Haven't played Hitman much, but what I've played has been great.

User Name?
01-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Transformes: Fall Of Cybertron is surprisingly good.

Jasonbay44
01-28-2013, 03:58 PM

I'm on 360 and I guarantee I win. Ill add you now.. but I don't know how to stream, I don't think I have the equipment required.. but I can post picture after the game if you want.. lol

User Name?
01-28-2013, 03:59 PM
This is going to be amazing.

Porcupine penis
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
getting on now, get ready son. im inviting you, then im appearing offline because my gay roomates friends will nonstop invite me if the accounts online to play halo.

Porcupine penis
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
also change of plans, they removed Rondo and just decreased the shit out of pierce and terry, if you are using clippers, im running with OKC, NYK or Miami.

but yeah, post picture.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Loser gets temp ban for a week :lol:

italstallianion
01-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I can't wait for the new GTA to come out. I feel like my annoying friends whenever there's a new Harry Potter.

Porcupine penis
01-28-2013, 05:16 PM
what the fuck is jamal crawfords rating? oh my God, I couldn't take the shots he was making. Its fucking jamal crawford, not kobe bryant. sorry for rage quitting, but that 4th quarter was ridiculous.. I went down like 17-2 in 1st and couldnt climb back despite trying to go on runs. I cut it to 9 in the 4th then fucking jamal crawford scored like 10 straight points, including a 4 point play where he shot a fadeaway 3 over Shumpert and Chandler, got hammered by Chandler and still swished it. What the fuck

There was like 3 minutes left too I think, that motherfucker was going to score like 60 with him.

im fine with a temp ban, I deserve it after that. however, I would like to play again and have you use a different team and see how different you would play without crawford, because you literally scored like 60% of your points from him. I don't know why he is so good.

rjortiz
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Hahahahahahaahaha

User Name?
01-28-2013, 07:07 PM
This is golden.

Jasonbay44
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Jamal Crawford is always good in 2k. He is tall, has sick crossovers moves and has an automatic jumper. I can do same things I do with him with guys like Jordan Crawford, J.R. Smith, Joe Johnson, Klay Thompson, Nick Young, Kobe, etc.. Its really easy, especially if they have a good running jumper and fadeaway also.

Oh and here is the pic you wanted me to post of you dominating me.
http://i48.tinypic.com/14jcnyp.jpg

Sorry for shitty quality, I have a shit phone.

Porcupine penis
01-28-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't get how you make them all though? you literally would just dribble around in circles. I couldn't stick you man to man and you abused shumpert cpu who is supposed to be an elite defender. if I tried playing zone you'd just dish to jordan every play or swing it to cp3 who doesn't miss from 3 lol

lets play again though, no clippers for you though, any other team, heat, okc, knicks, whatever. just want to see you do it with someone else.

User Name?
01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Own3d. Hard.

Porcupine penis
01-28-2013, 10:39 PM
^ you play me, or play him, he is good. then talk shit.

User Name?
01-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Hey you're the one who came in talking shit and then got his ass kicked. :D

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Lol you can't get mad, you were gloating about how amazing you are.

User Name?
01-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Here it is, for the world to see.

And for the record, i could probably shit on you using the Heat, but i have all of my sports games on PS3.

Jasonbay44
01-28-2013, 11:10 PM
I don't get how you make them all though? you literally would just dribble around in circles. I couldn't stick you man to man and you abused shumpert cpu who is supposed to be an elite defender. if I tried playing zone you'd just dish to jordan every play or swing it to cp3 who doesn't miss from 3 lol

lets play again though, no clippers for you though, any other team, heat, okc, knicks, whatever. just want to see you do it with someone else.

So you are complaining about Jamal Crawford being too good then you want to give me Melo, Durant or Lebron? lol, I can do same shit with those guys I can do with Crawford.. but whatever, dude.

We can play again, I'm usually online late at night after school/work/whatever. Invite me if you see me on. The outcome is going to be the same though.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-28-2013, 11:43 PM
I'll get in on this at some point.

Porcupine penis
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Lol you can't get mad, you were gloating about how amazing you are.

you guys are talking shit on me but wont play me. jbay beat me and can talk shit all he wants, but just because i lost to someone who is really good doesn't mean im not good lol. come play me?

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-29-2013, 04:52 PM
1)I have a ps3 and 2)It was funny because you were talking about how amazing you are

You got owned after being so cocky so you get what you deserve.

Porcupine penis
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I am good though, he just gets bullshit to go in with jamal crawford lol.. He just came online and i messaged him to play me. Round 2 is about to begin, lets see how he does without Jamal Crawford.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-29-2013, 05:48 PM
If you can find me a post where I said you suck, I'll apologize. Don't worry I'll wait right here, take your sweet time.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-29-2013, 05:49 PM
If he's owning you with Crawford, I can't imagine what he'll do if he uses Melo, Durant, LeBron etc.

Porcupine penis
01-29-2013, 05:50 PM
He is using 76ers, don't know why.

Porcupine penis
01-29-2013, 05:59 PM
I went down 10-0 and just quit. I was Pacers and didn't realize granger was hurt and I don't know how to shoot with any of these guys and he of course was dominating with Thaddeus Young who was 4-4 shooting with 10 points and 2 3's.

Were restarting because he was gonna blow me out, so looks like round 3. this one is mine though, I swear, no more bullshit. I'm using OKC, Knicks or Miami.

Porcupine penis
01-29-2013, 06:33 PM
If he's owning you with Crawford, I can't imagine what he'll do if he uses Melo, Durant, LeBron etc.

He was heat and I was Knicks and game lagged out when he was up 4 in 4th quarter.. he scored 2 points with wade, 10 with lebron.. 41 with ray allen, 20 with battier

I'm pretty sure he just dominates with guys who can shoot, I don't know, i don't get it, he took like 6 shots with lebron and had 19 assists with wade. All he did was drive and spin dunk or dish out for 3's

im getting closer though, I had it close that time, he isn't as good without clippers. hes better with crawford than with lebron :lol:

last game of day, hes wizards, im celtics I feel like i can win this one. if i lose, im done playing him tho.

Jasonbay44
01-29-2013, 08:03 PM
I beat you by 25 with the Wizards and you couldn't stop Cartier Martin and Garrett Temple, can we stop playing now? lol

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
I'd play but I would probably get lit up since 99% of the games I play are local, and I play them without fatigue or shot timing (it's bullshit in 2k13 so I disabled it).

Jasonbay44
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't mind fatigue in 5 minute quarters, players usually don't get tired in the 1st and 3rd quarters and 2 full timeouts in a row gets most players back all their energy.

I don't really see whats bullshit about shot timing though, its pretty easy to learn players jumpers, all you have to do is turn on shot feedback/shot quality and it gives you grade for shots and tells you how you're release is (early, perfect, late).

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah I play 8 or 9 minute quarters. I prefer the final score to be something in the ballpark of what a real NBA final score would look like. Don't know why, I just do. So I go with the lengthier quarters.

Shot timing was fine in past games but in my experience if you're off by even a smidge in 2k13, it's a clank. Actually it's a player-by-player case. With shot timing active I can't hit dick with Kobe or Ray Allen, even if it says I timed it right. Especially Kobe. But Battier's automatic with shot timing active, but with real player % he blows. It's weird.

RedSoxfanforlife305
01-29-2013, 10:24 PM
25 points by the Wizards? Damnnnnnn

Porcupine penis
01-30-2013, 01:58 AM
25 points by the Wizards? Damnnnnnn

Wizards have some kid named Jordan Crawford, apparently hes a shooting guard, with the last name crawford, who is similar height and except same playstyle.. and of course he is as good as jamal crawford for no reason.

I don't get this game. he is making everything with jordan crawford and I cant make shit with paul pierce..

we played one more time tonight and he user clippers and scored 66 points with jamal crawford on 30-33 shooting. im done, your better jbay. lol

Porcupine penis
01-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Jacoby_Ellsbury, whats your gamertag?

jopete19
01-30-2013, 08:59 AM
I've been playing a lot of Black Ops 2 and Dead Island. Dead Island is just another zombie game. If you want to take some frustration out go get it.

Jasonbay44
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah I play 8 or 9 minute quarters. I prefer the final score to be something in the ballpark of what a real NBA final score would look like. Don't know why, I just do. So I go with the lengthier quarters.

Shot timing was fine in past games but in my experience if you're off by even a smidge in 2k13, it's a clank. Actually it's a player-by-player case. With shot timing active I can't hit dick with Kobe or Ray Allen, even if it says I timed it right. Especially Kobe. But Battier's automatic with shot timing active, but with real player % he blows. It's weird.

If I'm playing offline (which I usually don't, I just hate playing CPU) I like the scores to be realistic, but online I really don't care.

I know what you mean about shot timing though. Kobe is so weird in this game, he'll miss wide open jumpers with perfect releases, but he'll make fadeaway jumpers with late releases. I've never used Battier with real player %, but with regular settings he is a beast. He is literally automatic from 3, which is why the Heat are the best team in the game by far. Lebron and Wade score every time in the paint and Allen/Battier are automatic from 3 and Bosh has one of the best mid range jumpers in the game.

If anybody is up for a game, ill play.

User Name?
05-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Fuse is awesome.

italstallianion
05-31-2013, 08:17 AM
I just bought Max Payne 3, LA Noire, and Red Dead Redemption the other day. (I know they've been out a while but I saved a decent amount of money by waiting)

The majority of my PS3 games are sports ones (NFL, MLB, and NBA) but I have some fighting (Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat) and some of these random shooters (Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire)

Gotta keep myself busy somehow.

User Name?
05-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Max Payne 3 is one of the best games i've ever played. Red Dead Redemption is very good too.

italstallianion
05-31-2013, 08:31 AM
I loved the story line and the graphics but I hated the gameplay of Max Payne 3 to be honest. That's probably because I'm so used to the Grand Theft Auto controls and my style of shooter is a bit different than in Max Payne 3. Plus I don't think it has any cheats which made it very frustrating.

I'm honestly a mediocre quality gamer so Max Payne 3 was too hard for me. At least with Grand Theft Auto you can cheat and play at your own pace. With Max Payne 3 I was like "fuck it I'm done" really quickly, but the youtube walkthrough watching the gameplay and storyline was awesome.

I actually have the original Max Payne still in it's plastic because I forgot to take it out and lost it before I could play it for PS2. The series is pretty good, but obviously GTA is Rockstar's best imo.

SoxFanForsyth
05-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Assassin's Creed III takes place in Boston and is incredible. You should give it a try.

User Name?
05-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Did you try it in the easiest difficulty setting with Aim assist? If you did and you still found it too hard, i suggest sticking to sports games. (I kid)

User Name?
05-31-2013, 08:36 AM
Assassin's Creed III takes place in Boston and is incredible. You should give it a try.

^This. But it doesn't only take place in Boston though.

italstallianion
05-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Did you try it in the easiest difficulty setting with Aim assist? If you did and you still found it too hard, i suggest sticking to sports games. (I kid)

I did. Granted I played it for like 10 minutes and got overwhelmed with the differences between MP3 and GTA and just said fuck it. I'd probably get used to the controls eventually. I'm more of a "trench warfare" gunner/sniper rather than a speed it up Rambo shooter. I'll probably return and try again eventually. I just have a long standing beef with hard video games that don't have easily adjustable settings (or cheats) to make it so the majority of players can beat it.

I'll openly admit I'm mediocre at best at a lot of these games. MP3 is still impressive, as most difficult games I'd throw in the garbage or "Office Space" if you know what I mean. MP3 looks awesome.

User Name?
05-31-2013, 08:43 AM
You can turtle in MP3 if you know what you're doing. Give it a chance, you won't regret it. I'm pretty awful at shooters myself, and i got through it with relative ease.

SoxFanForsyth
05-31-2013, 08:49 AM
^This. But it doesn't only take place in Boston though.

True. It also goes to England in the beginning, and NY, Philly, etc. All of the big cities during the puritan times.

User Name?
05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Everyone that has at least a passing interest in video games needs to play Bioshock Infinite.

RedSoxfanforlife305
05-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Currently playing God of War:Ascension

Could be better, but not bad. God of War 3 was the best one, easily.

User Name?
05-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Debatable.

yeszir
05-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Just played Far Cry 3 and absolutely loved it. About to give up on Red Dead Redemption because I think its kinda boring.

User Name?
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Far Cry 3 got a bit boring for me towards the end because i'm a side-mission addict. By the time i was done with everything i had over thirty hours of gameplay and just wanted to be done with it.

User Name?
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
So far, Remember Me has not lived up to the hefty expectations i had for it.

Palodios
06-02-2013, 08:46 PM

This is pretty much how I play most games the last couple of years. As a former DOTA player, it just seems silly for a virtual game to leave me frustrated and unhappy -- especially with one player games where you have a legitimate option for giving yourself a better experience. It also makes it easier to do speed-runs when you're low on time in life.... which at this point is every week.

Palodios
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
On another note-- Xbox One or PS4?

User Name?
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
This is pretty much how I play most games the last couple of years. As a former DOTA player, it just seems silly for a virtual game to leave me frustrated and unhappy -- especially with one player games where you have a legitimate option for giving yourself a better experience. It also makes it easier to do speed-runs when you're low on time in life.... which at this point is every week.

Yeah that's exactly the reason why i never managed to get into DoTA

Palodios
06-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah that's exactly the reason why i never managed to get into DoTA

I would argue that its among the deepest, and best balanced team-based games out there. Its also the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced. I was not a good human being when I was playing that game.

User Name?
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
On another note-- Xbox One or PS4?

I have both a 360 and a PS3. Not getting Xbox One.

RedSoxfanforlife305
06-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Have you seen the reveal for xbox one? Anyone who chooses that over ps4 is making a big big mistake.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm laughing at what a piece of shit the xbox one is.

Sadly it will still sell a shitton, despite the movements. Time to retire from consoles.

italstallianion
06-10-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm not really feeling the whole "social aspect" engrained in the PS4 either. Considering I hate playing games with other people (in addition to hating other people in general) I feel like the PS4 isn't really made for me. Not to mention I'm still playing MLB The Show 2010 and just recently was playing Mario 64, I think I'll do fine without the PS4.

On another note, of the 3 games I bought recently, in terms of gameplay I'd go LA Noire >>> Red Dead Redemption >>> Max Payne 3, but in terms of plot/story and watching the game be played (if I didn't suck at gaming) I'd go Max Payne 3 >>> LA Noire >>> Red Dead Redemption.

User Name?
06-10-2013, 02:17 PM
I don't think the world is really made for you. Have you considered a move to Mars?

On topic: I'm buying a PS4. I've owned both Sony and Microsoft consoles for the past two generations, but the Xbox one is a piece of shit.

italstallianion
06-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Don't worry, I fully intend to give Max Payne 3 another chance per your recommendation. Most games in that situation would end up in the garbage or murdered via baseball bat, but I'll give it a another shot.

But if I hate it again I'm going to pull out a shotgun and give it another shot.

User Name?
06-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Easy with auto-aim. There's no way it'll frustrate you to the point of shooting it with a shotgun.

italstallianion
06-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't know, I was ready to take out my mythical shotgun and put a few holes through my TV after watching St. Louis score 7 runs in the 10th inning allowing my boss to beat me for our work pool. (I had Boston)

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah ital, the world isn't made for people who don't love socializing. Get the fuck out and go to Mars!!!1

italstallianion
06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
All I ever wanted to do was buy a cabin in the middle of nowhere and stockpile weapons and write greeting cards. Is that too much to ask?

Jacoby_Ellsbury
06-10-2013, 02:52 PM
way too much

Jasonbay44
06-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Edit: Wrong thread

RedSoxfanforlife305
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Kingdom Hearts alone should be a reason for people to buy the ps4

Palodios
06-10-2013, 10:19 PM
What the hell? Final Fantasy 13 Versus has been renamed to Final Fantasy 15.

User Name?
06-10-2013, 10:22 PM
I've been waiting for that game for five years. Is it at least coming out on PS3/360?

italstallianion
06-18-2013, 07:45 PM
UN,

I have decided per your request to give Max Payne 3 another chance. For some reason, after playing LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption (two other Rockstar Games) to 100% completion, I'm getting the hang of Max Payne 3 a little. I'm probably about two-thirds through now, which is surprising considering I left the game for dead in the second chapter.

Anyway, I still put this behind LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, and any Grand Theft Auto. It's a good game to watch, and it'd be a great movie, but I hate many aspects of the gameplay. Here are some thoughts I had while I'm playing the game so I don't forget.

1. There are no cheats. If you search online, the only "cheats" are things like "beat the game on hard and you can get unlimited ammo"....which sucks because I need unlimited ammo to beat the game on easy. Grand Theft Auto's typically have health and weapon cheats. There have been a dozen times I've been stranded without ammo and just said "fuck it" and let them kill me so I can start over.

2. There is no blip. In "levels" like the favelas it becomes difficult to see where enemies are, and when I "turtle", not only do the enemies aggressively attack, but they will circle around you and kill you from all sides. A blip would help keep the blind side covered.

3. Some of the "dead cam" shots are not actually the end of the battle as when I've moved around to collect ammo and painkillers some more guys show up and wipe me out.

4. The "easy mode lock on" feature typically targets the enemies' chest, which is fine unless you're facing the soldiers with some kind of bulletproof vests, or you're facing an enemy in cover. I can't tell you how many times I've locked on to the top of the enemies' cover like a railing or office chair.

5. I'm finding it difficult to fire at the enemy I want to fire at. Again the lock on feature seems to choose, and in my opinion, choose incorrectly.

6. The game doesn't do a good job of telling you what to do in some cases. I had to look at an online walkthrough to figure out that I needed to attack the Jersey dudes in the graveyard and then go to the side to get the sniper, only in between Passos' cover fire, or when you had to turn the gas leaks off, or run after the kidnappers in the second chapter (where I kept failing for trying to turtle) A lot of these scenarios I needed to watch someone beat it online in order to get a good idea of what to do or what's coming. A game like Grand Theft Auto typically makes it easier to figure it out.

Overall the game is good, great to watch, ok to play. But yeah, once I finish the game it's going to stay on a shelf forever unless I give it away. Definitely not a replay game imo. You have no idea how many times I've yelled obscenities at my TV and threatened to smash it with a baseball bat.

User Name?
06-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Then don't ever attempt to play either of the games i'm playing: Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

italstallianion
06-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Those don't sound like my type of games. I mostly play sports games with the exception of Grand Theft Autos and the occasional Mortal Kombat/Tekken.

italstallianion
06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
and 7. After cutscenes the game randomly defaults to certain weapons other than what I was using. Yeah, so I was mowing people down with an assault rifle and then a cutscene happens that puts me in front of 10+ enemies, lets default him to using the pistol.

I swear to god if I was typing as I was playing the game earlier my list of things I hate about Max Payne 3 would be twice as long. I can't wait to finish it.

BSN07
06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm screwing around with Fable 3 since it was a free download. I mostly play COD games. I'm on a Blops 2 Zombie kick at the moment.

italstallianion
06-19-2013, 02:00 PM
8. Whoever came up with the airport fighting scenes needs to go to hell and die. Now.

Edit: Yeah I'm done with MP3. It'll stay on the shelf and collect dust and laugh at me. I'm not even going to try again on the last chapter. The game can go fuck itself and think about what it's doing wrong until it wants to get easier and then it can let me know. I give up. Scene is impossible for me without one of those blips showing where the enemies are or an occasional health or ammo, or some fucking cheats for fuck sakes. I'm retiring from that crap. Just another game not worth finishing. It's a shame that I got so close to the end too.

italstallianion
06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Just beat it. Never doing that again. Now that conflict is complete.

User Name?
06-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Deadpool's gameplay is meh with sprinkles of good/very good, but goddamn it's hilarious.

RedSoxfanforlife305
07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
God of War Ascension. If anyone has played it, you know how ridiculous Chapter 28 is(Trial of Archimedes). It's easily the hardest part of the game. I'm doing it now after the patch they made. It's suppose to be easier but it's still hard. I'm usually good in god of war, but this level has got me. Anyone who has played have any tips?

User Name?
07-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm on a Dark Souls trip again. Easily the best game of the current generation imo.

Pal
07-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Despite my previous post about avoiding games with high difficulty, I'm a huge Souls fan. The whole idea is that the game is very hard, but fair... I just wish Sen's Fortress had followed that belief.

User Name?
07-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Do you play on PS3 Pal? If you do, we can play. About Sen's fortress, it actually gets pretty easy after you learn it. But learning it took me close to 100 tries. XD

Pal
07-03-2013, 06:41 PM
The problem with Sen's is that the best weapons to kill the Lizardmen are unavailable early in the game. I came in with the Drake sword, and it took several hits to kill each of them, all while crossing catwalks, avoiding swinging and firing traps. Once I picked up the lightning spear, life became much easier. I thought online was completely random wasn't it? My save is a tank with pyro skills who just finished his first playthrough.

User Name?
07-03-2013, 06:47 PM
You can play the system a bit if you know what you're doing. Just leaving a soul sign at a specific place can ensure meeting up. What SL are you?

Pal
07-03-2013, 07:12 PM
That's a good question, haven't played it in a while. I can check on it later tonight.

User Name?
07-03-2013, 07:37 PM
That's a good question, haven't played it in a while. I can check on it later tonight.

Lemme know. I've been hitting it hard lately, and i'm always up for some jolly co-op.

Jasonbay44
07-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I really wish they made the show for Xbox. MLB 2K13 is such a piece of shit... Also, how the fuck is Miguel Cabrera only rated 97, but Trout is 99?

User Name?
07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Defensive ratings

Jasonbay44
07-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Even with defense accounted for, I don't think there is anyway Cabrera shouldn't be a 99. He has a legitimate chance at the triple crown again this season.

msubulldogs21
07-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I can't remember being more excited for a video game than I am for FIFA 14 in September.

FIFA is easily my favorite video game franchise.

Thunder
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I just got NCAA 14. It's amazing, but what's even more amazing is that last week, I had no plans of buying it.

RedSoxfanforlife305
07-10-2013, 10:25 PM
GTA V is going to be epic.

italstallianion
07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
GTA V is going to be epic.

Did you guys see the trailers? It's a lock for game of the year imo. I'd buy a PS3 just for this game. (If I didn't already have one for GTA IV and a few sports and/or fighting games)

RedSoxfanforlife305
07-10-2013, 11:08 PM
I saw the trailer and said the same thing. It's game of the year worthy definitely.

italstallianion
07-10-2013, 11:17 PM
There will probably be a lot of neglected girlfriends eating Ben and Jerry's once the game comes out.

RedSoxfanforlife305
07-10-2013, 11:46 PM
My girlfriend included

italstallianion
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Mine too as soon as I get one. haha

Jasonbay44
07-15-2013, 12:55 AM
I just got NCAA 14. It's amazing, but what's even more amazing is that last week, I had no plans of buying it.

You really think its amazing? I think the game is terrible and incredibly glitchy. I just played my friend and picked off a pass in corner of the end zone (an incredibly fake interception I might add) and then ran out of bounds... and was credited with a 116 yard interception return touchdown lmao.

It was so bad, my brother recorded it and uploaded it to youtube (with very shitty quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c1wlhKBNYU
smh lol

User Name?
08-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Just platinum'd Dark Souls. My life now lacks purpose.

RedSoxfanforlife305
09-16-2013, 06:16 PM
User Name?, if we're going to whoop some ass on GTA V online gimme a hell yeah.

User Name?
09-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Hell yeah! (Except that i got it on 360)

RedSoxfanforlife305
09-16-2013, 08:06 PM

User Name?
09-16-2013, 08:07 PM
It was a gift. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth. And i specifically asked for the PS3 version too, but oh well.

User Name?
09-18-2013, 03:29 PM
GTA V certainly living up to the hype so far. Even the mini-games are very very well done.

Northern Star
09-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Board Game T Shirts (http://boardgamerstuff.com)

Jacoby_Ellsbury
09-20-2013, 05:45 PM
You're tempting me.

italstallianion
09-20-2013, 05:46 PM
It rapes every other game I've ever played in the asshole.

User Name?
09-20-2013, 07:02 PM
Whoa whoa. Easy there chief.

Emmz
09-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Got it, so far it's living up to every expectation.

Anyone else feel like Franklin is the exact same character as CJ? His relationship with Lamar is pretty much the same as CJ's relationship with Ryder in San Andreas.

italstallianion
09-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Got it, so far it's living up to every expectation.

Anyone else feel like Franklin is the exact same character as CJ? His relationship with Lamar is pretty much the same as CJ's relationship with Ryder in San Andreas.

And the two Feds remind me of Tenpenny and Pulaski.

italstallianion
09-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Whoa whoa. Easy there chief.

I'm not saying it's better than any game I've ever played COMBINED. But it's easily the game to beat thus far. It takes some of the best from many Rockstar series and combines them into one game.

Emmz
09-22-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm not saying it's better than any game I've ever played COMBINED. But it's easily the game to beat thus far. It takes some of the best from many Rockstar series and combines them into one game.

Exactly, I'd add to my last post that Michael reminds me of John Marston a bit. Not to the same extent, but I think his life story and the situation with his son are similar. This game kicks so much ass, and I haven't really even started to get into it.

It's the best game ever made, and the detail in everything is just stunning. I guess that's pretty typical for Rockstar games, but this one's the best so far.

User Name?
09-22-2013, 01:54 PM
The only two things i don't like about the game so far if that our friend the psychopath is so crazy he's basically a caricature. I think they should've toned it down just a wee bit. The other thing is flying the helicopters. Nothing in any video game ever has pissed me off as much as the fucking helicopter controls. Nothing.

On the flip side, pretty much everything else is really awesome, including flying the planes.

RedSoxfanforlife305
09-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Trevor is such a bad ass. Landing the planes in the game is a bitch for me. I hate flying.

User Name?
09-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Trevor is such a bad ass

He is, but you'll see what i mean once you get a little further into the game.

Also, we all like the game, but calling it "the best game ever made" seems like a bit of an overstatement, considering none of us has even finished it yet.

Emmz
09-22-2013, 02:13 PM
So you need to finish a game to say it's the best game ever? Even if the game takes a huge shit on everyone with some kind of plot twist, the way the game plays and all of the details like people recording fights with their phones and being able to rob people after they've just withdrawn money from the ATM is what makes this game great.

Story means a lot for games like Halo and Call Of Duty, where the only thing anyone cares about is online play, but this is an open world game. So far the story's been good too, even though it doesn't need to be.

User Name?
09-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah. You do. If it's the best game ever, then an awesome story is a requisite, it's also gotta work in its entirety (without some game breaking glitch) and have no other technical problems . I'm not going to get into a 3-page long argument with you over this. Suffice it to say, it's a little early for the label.

On another subject, all of the heist missions are a work of art.

Emmz
09-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah. You do. If it's the best game ever, then an awesome story is a requisite, it's also gotta work in its entirety (without some game breaking glitch) and have no other technical problems . I'm not going to get into a 3-page long argument with you over this. Suffice it to say, it's a little early for the label.

On another subject, all of the heist missions are a work of art.

Okay, what games do you think might be better?

So far, GTA V blows every game I've played out of the water.

User Name?
09-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Okay, what games do you think might be better?

So far, GTA V blows every game I've played out of the water.

And this is where the argument comes full circle: It's a matter of opinion. If you ask me, i'll immediately say: A) Xenogears, B ) Final Fantasy VI (over VII because the fanboys have ruined it for everybody) or C) Dark Souls. But we're not experts about the subject. So i'll reserve judgement.

And by the way: There are multiple endings. The one i saw is awesome, and i plan to get the others now.

Emmz
09-22-2013, 06:17 PM
And this is where the argument comes full circle: It's a matter of opinion. If you ask me, i'll immediately say: A) Xenogears, B ) Final Fantasy VI (over VII because the fanboys have ruined it for everybody) or C) Dark Souls. But we're not experts about the subject. So i'll reserve judgement.

And by the way: There are multiple endings. The one i saw is awesome, and i plan to get the others now.
To me, games like FF can't hold a candle to the GTA series. So much is put into a game like GTA; the advertisements, political atmosphere, social networking and all of the characters down to the civilians on the street. Practically everything is a criticism of American culture, and it's so over-the-top that regardless of what your stance is, it's funny.

Rockstar is just always raising the bar, because their games just get better with every release and they don't attempt to recycle the same old shit. GTA IV was a game a lot of people didn't like, but it was still better than almost any other game that had been released up to that point.

User Name?
09-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Again, matter of opinion. Final Fantasy 6-7 were games that revolutionized the industry at their respective releases and have withstood the test of time. Your opinion on GTA V being the best game ever is a valid opinion, but that's all it is, just like mine. Again, time will tell.

Emmz
09-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Again, matter of opinion. Final Fantasy 6-7 were games that revolutionized the industry at their respective releases and have withstood the test of time. Your opinion on GTA V being the best game ever is a valid opinion, but that's all it is, just like mine. Again, time will tell.

I guess, but you're being extremely vague when you say that it "revolutionized the industry". As strong an argument as that may be, I'll still have to go with GTA V. ;)

italstallianion
09-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Exactly, I'd add to my last post that Michael reminds me of John Marston a bit. Not to the same extent, but I think his life story and the situation with his son are similar. This game kicks so much ass, and I haven't really even started to get into it.

It's the best game ever made, and the detail in everything is just stunning. I guess that's pretty typical for Rockstar games, but this one's the best so far.

To be honest Michael reminds me a bit of Charlie Sheen.

To RSFFL and UN I hated the flying missions of San Andreas more than this one thus far. I actually prefer the helicopter controls over the airplane ones, since I find it easier to stabilize the helicopter and recalibrate my moves. (In other words turtle my fat ass to the destination)

I'm having a tough time reading the GPS correctly, I always make my turn a street too early. One thing I don't like is that there doesn't appear to be the same cheats as in other games. I basically just use the Wanted Cheat, but I'd love a weapons/armor cheat, and if I really get lazy, a money cheat.

(I've already gone into great detail how I suck at video games so this isn't new)

User Name?
09-23-2013, 07:39 AM
I guess, but you're being extremely vague when you say that it "revolutionized the industry". As strong an argument as that may be, I'll still have to go with GTA V. ;)

Also a very strong argument mind you. "I played it a while, REALLY liked it, best game ever". Let's agree to disagree here. :)

RedSoxfanforlife305
09-23-2013, 08:19 AM

To RSFFL and UN I hated the flying missions of San Andreas more than this one thus far. I actually prefer the helicopter controls over the airplane ones, since I find it easier to stabilize the helicopter and recalibrate my moves. (In other words turtle my fat ass to the destination)

I'm having a tough time reading the GPS correctly, I always make my turn a street too early. One thing I don't like is that there doesn't appear to be the same cheats as in other games. I basically just use the Wanted Cheat, but I'd love a weapons/armor cheat, and if I really get lazy, a money cheat.

(I've already gone into great detail how I suck at video games so this isn't new)

It's a good thing they didn't add those cheats. It takes away some of the fun/challenges of the game. They're mission where you can make a shitload of money, no need for cheats. Money means more guns/ammo. You could get all this within 2 seconds if the cheat existed, but don't you think it's more interesting without them? You appreciate video games in general more when you don't use cheats.

italstallianion
09-23-2013, 12:07 PM
It's a good thing they didn't add those cheats. It takes away some of the fun/challenges of the game. They're mission where you can make a shitload of money, no need for cheats. Money means more guns/ammo. You could get all this within 2 seconds if the cheat existed, but don't you think it's more interesting without them? You appreciate video games in general more when you don't use cheats.

I don't disagree with you, I'm just lazy as shit.

Emmz
09-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Also a very strong argument mind you. "I played it a while, REALLY liked it, best game ever". Let's agree to disagree here. :)

Yes, because that's exactly what I said.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/97/81/60/49/91/9781604991390_500X500.jpg

Emmz
09-24-2013, 07:47 AM

Fuck the GPS, just drive in the direction until you get there.

italstallianion
09-24-2013, 08:44 AM
(Insert joke about female drivers)

That's usually what happens (and the GPS does the whole "Recalculating" thing, but it's a bit easier when pressed for time or people behind you shooting to go the shortest distance.

Anyway I had a quick question for you guys. Do you know how to get helicopter access for non-mission mode as Franklin. I want to start a mission but you need a helicopter to get to the top of a building. Do we need to buy the airport/hangar location or is there a helicopter lying around we can take. I believe I bought the plane business as Trevor but I'm not sure Franklin can use it.

Thoughts?

User Name?
09-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Yes, because that's exactly what I said.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/97/81/60/49/91/9781604991390_500X500.jpg

The irony is delicious. You're the one proclaiming it's the "best game ever" without even finishing it. I don't need to learn how to read. You need to think before you type. ;)

User Name?
09-24-2013, 09:08 AM
(Insert joke about female drivers)

That's usually what happens (and the GPS does the whole "Recalculating" thing, but it's a bit easier when pressed for time or people behind you shooting to go the shortest distance.

Anyway I had a quick question for you guys. Do you know how to get helicopter access for non-mission mode as Franklin. I want to start a mission but you need a helicopter to get to the top of a building. Do we need to buy the airport/hangar location or is there a helicopter lying around we can take. I believe I bought the plane business as Trevor but I'm not sure Franklin can use it.

Thoughts?

Go to Trevor's airstrip up north, there's always a helicopter there. What mission is this though, i don't remember ever having to steal a random 'copter for a mission.

Oooh i know what mission you're referring to now. And yes, Trevor's helicopter will do just fine.

italstallianion
09-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Go to Trevor's airstrip up north, there's always a helicopter there. What mission is this though, i don't remember ever having to steal a random 'copter for a mission.

Oooh i know what mission you're referring to now. And yes, Trevor's helicopter will do just fine.

It's not working for me. There's the Mackenzie Airstrip to the North that you buy with Trevor, and an airstrip slightly south of that (that for Trevor actually has a "Helipad" icon). I wonder if I have to buy a helicopter for it to show up in Trevor's hanger. This damn mission is going to be the death of me.

jacksonianmarch
09-24-2013, 03:06 PM
GTA V is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. Story line is amazing, character building is fun and the financials make it that much more interesting. I love it. Now, if I could only spend some time playing it, lol

User Name?
09-24-2013, 06:02 PM
It's not working for me. There's the Mackenzie Airstrip to the North that you buy with Trevor, and an airstrip slightly south of that (that for Trevor actually has a "Helipad" icon). I wonder if I have to buy a helicopter for it to show up in Trevor's hanger. This damn mission is going to be the death of me.

Then advance the story. You get a helicopter for regular use after a certain story mission.

italstallianion
09-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Then advance the story. You get a helicopter for regular use after a certain story mission.

Thanks for your help. I'm currently on whatever mission is after when Michael makes his movie premiere, so I can't be that far from the end of the regular story. I imagine that I can buy one or get one from a helipad I buy later so I'm sure it'll be available to be done later if not already. But since as I admit I clearly suck at this, I assumed I was missing something.

User Name?
09-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Dragon's Crown, The Last of Us: Good money sinks for PS3 owners.

Emmz
09-25-2013, 07:27 PM
The irony is delicious. You're the one proclaiming it's the "best game ever" without even finishing it. I don't need to learn how to read. You need to think before you type. ;)

Where's the irony?

I think it fits perfectly. You didn't pay attention to what I said, or you can't read properly. Perhaps you require adderall.

Emmz
09-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Also, completed the game now, and the last mission I could kind of see coming. I was disappointed by how easy it was compared to the missions leading up to it. I took option C, btw.

User Name?
09-25-2013, 08:20 PM
How the hell did Lost Planet 3 get such shitty reviews? It's a damn fine game.

italstallianion
09-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Also, completed the game now, and the last mission I could kind of see coming. I was disappointed by how easy it was compared to the missions leading up to it. I took option C, btw.

I did the same. Now I'm doing all that time consuming small stuff to get to 100%. I'm in the middle of a triathlon that's on pause because I'm about 25 minutes in and my thumbs are killing me. And I'm not winning at the moment either so I might have to do it over again. If I do then that'll be one of my few complaints about the game.

RedSoxfanforlife305
09-25-2013, 10:22 PM
I heard option C was the best option. I'm just getting reunited with Trevor after him and Michael were on bad terms. I hope I'm close to the ending.

italstallianion
09-25-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm at just under 80% completion so I'll probably play for a few more days. I think I'm running out of steam before I switch back to MLB The Show. Some of my friends want to come over and play the game too so that'll give me some time off.

Emmz
09-26-2013, 02:07 AM
I heard option C was the best option. I'm just getting reunited with Trevor after him and Michael were on bad terms. I hope I'm close to the ending.

You were close to the ending and probably already made it to the end, but yeah C was good. I'll have to see how A and B play out.

italstallianion
09-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm on another forum where some people are trying to rain on the GTA parade by saying "it's just another GTA, it's not like a groundbreaking game or anything" and even saying that the Saints Row series is better. I hate stupid people.

User Name?
09-26-2013, 12:07 PM
It's a matter of preference and opinion. GTA V is better (IMO) than any of the Saints Row games, but i have friends who swear by SR4 although i thought that one's kinda crazy for my taste. However, my buddies finished both games, and they like SR4 better. Have you played it?

User Name?
09-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Also (IMO again, before some of the self-proclaimed video game experts come here giving me shit and presenting opinion as fact) i think Last Of Us is overall a better game than GTA V, and the GOTY will be a dead heat between them.

italstallianion
09-26-2013, 12:54 PM
It's a matter of preference and opinion. GTA V is better (IMO) than any of the Saints Row games, but i have friends who swear by SR4 although i thought that one's kinda crazy for my taste. However, my buddies finished both games, and they like SR4 better. Have you played it?

I've watched video walkthroughs of the SR series (and the earlier Max Paynes) but haven't physically played them.

User Name?
09-26-2013, 01:13 PM
I've watched video walkthroughs of the SR series (and the earlier Max Paynes) but haven't physically played them.

SR3 is really really really good, and if you like wacky shit and slapstick humor (and i think you do) you will very much enjoy 4.

italstallianion
09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
I will say, whoever came up with the idea of the flight school being part of the 100% can go fuck themselves, especially whoever created the timing for the helicopter speed course. I missed the bronze medal time by less than a second, and that was going 110% speed for me.

It's speed OR going through the checkpoints, the game can't demand both.

RedSoxfanforlife305
09-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Also (IMO again, before some of the self-proclaimed video game experts come here giving me shit and presenting opinion as fact) i think Last Of Us is overall a better game than GTA V, and the GOTY will be a dead heat between them.

The last of us was a great game. I was sold on it being GOTY. I own and have played both. I think GTA V will take this one.

italstallianion
09-26-2013, 03:55 PM
I am slowly inching towards 100%. I think I'm going to need Youtube's help to do the collecting parts. I don't even know how to "start" the spaceship or letter collection missions. Does something trigger them or do I just start collecting pieces?

User Name?
09-26-2013, 04:02 PM
They're random events. The letter collection triggered for me when i randomly found the first one, and the spaceship one is a "Strangers and Freaks" event.

Emmz
09-26-2013, 04:57 PM

Yeah, fuckin' video game experts and their looking at more than just story mode. They obviously think their opinions are facts I mean, they really should say IMO or IMHO before every post to clarify that their opinions are just opinions, and that they don't actually think that what they're saying is fact. That'd be ridiculous, man.

LOL

italstallianion
09-26-2013, 09:21 PM
They're random events. The letter collection triggered for me when i randomly found the first one, and the spaceship one is a "Strangers and Freaks" event.

I just found the whole "Epsilon" thing by searching the mission name on Youtube. That might be the only use of the checklist in your phone.

italstallianion
09-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Is there rhyme or reason to triggering the street races? I thought I did one as a regular mission but I can't find any on my map. I've done all the offroad bike/truck and sea races, but I can't find any of the street races on my blip. Do I have to call someone to organize them?

User Name?
09-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Is there rhyme or reason to triggering the street races? I thought I did one as a regular mission but I can't find any on my map. I've done all the offroad bike/truck and sea races, but I can't find any of the street races on my blip. Do I have to call someone to organize them?

After you do the first one (Which is a Strangers and Freaks "?" event for Franklin) you can only find the rest on his map between 8 PM and 5 AM.

Thunder
09-27-2013, 01:57 PM
EA has cancelled the making of NCAA Football. Wow. Big news.

italstallianion
09-27-2013, 10:20 PM
After you do the first one (Which is a Strangers and Freaks "?" event for Franklin) you can only find the rest on his map between 8 PM and 5 AM.

Thank you so much for the answer. I had no idea it was time dependent. It took me a while to figure out that it was just Franklin in the first place.

italstallianion
09-29-2013, 08:43 AM
My TV has been slowly not working over the past few days so it looks like my plans to finish that (and my old MLB The Show RTTS File) are put on hold for a while. Damn it.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
11-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Right now I'm marathoning Legacy of Goku II in a desperate attempt to distract myself from my own hell in progress.

Best combat of the series, hands down. I really wish they kept the charged melee attacks for Buu's Fury. I like the fact that you can level up faster in that game and allocate stats as you please, but there's zero combat variety and there's almost never a reason to use your energy attacks since half the overworld enemies have shields it seems like. It's literally just punch, rundown, punch, rundown, repeat.

User Name?
11-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Batman: Arkham Origins getting lambasted by the video game "critics". What a shitload of fuck. It's a great game.

I get that it's very similar to Arkham City, but what did they expect? That game was very close to being perfect.

redsoxrules
11-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Anyone getting the new PS4?

Palodios
11-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Anyone getting the new PS4?

Next year probably. I got a ps2 and ps3 early in their life cycles, and it wasn't worth it. You pay more for the system, more for first-party accessories, you pay full price for all the games -- and most of them are rushed and not that good. Although, I found that new consoles are where you will find the most value in a service like Gamefly. That being said, I'm cheap, and other people enjoy being an early adopter enough to shell out.

redsoxrules
11-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I'm also waiting.
I plan on getting it though as the specs are way more powerfull than the previous one.

User Name?
11-22-2013, 05:15 PM
I never get consoles until the second or third generation and all the bugs and shit have been ironed out.

redsoxrules
11-24-2013, 12:45 PM
I've never had any issues with the PS system and I all bought them within a month of being released. Reason I want to wait is because it gets cheaper.

Palodios
01-08-2014, 09:18 AM
MLB 2k series cancelled and no baseball games for Xbox one. Sad to see it go but I can't remember the last time I touched the series.

User Name?
03-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Dark Souls II is awesome.