PDA

View Full Version : The Marlins are doing it again

yeszir
04-23-2004, 09:14 AM
No one gave them any credit after they won it last yera, basically just writing them off to not do anything special. But as of now, they're 11-4 and playing extremely well.

Plus, they kicked the phillies collectives asses in that brawl. I think this is a team that can do things.

dirtdogman5
04-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Yeah I've watched most of their games and must say I'm impressed. This team can definitely make the playoffs this year. And remember that Darren Oliver will be replaced by AJ Burnett in a month or two, Jeff Conine is in a slump, and Juan Pierre hasn't stolen a base. So this team can even improve.

yeszir
04-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Oh right, you live in FL. I have a question then. Are fans down there more passionate now. Like, are they more into the team after last year, and do they talk about them more?

Because I know baseball in Florida hasnt been big in past years, so I'm just wondering.

peskypole
04-23-2004, 04:11 PM
they have so many good, young players. watch out, marlins are the next dynasty.

dirtdogman5
04-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 23 2004, 04:09 PM
Oh right, you live in FL. I have a question then. Are fans down there more passionate now. Like, are they more into the team after last year, and do they talk about them more?

Because I know baseball in Florida hasnt been big in past years, so I'm just wondering.
Yeah definitely. I mean the passion isn't nearly as big as the passion by the Red Sox Nation, but it's up there. The Marlins are on the front page now in April instead of the Miami Dolphins draft talk. The fans also have really become attached to Willis and Cabrera. I'm looking forward to going down to Miami for a game to see the atmosphere of the ballpark.

BTW- In case you were wondering, I hope the best for the Marlins but the Red Sox are my complete passion.

yawkeyway
04-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by dirtdogman5+Apr 23 2004, 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtdogman5 @ Apr 23 2004, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-yeszir@Apr 23 2004, 04:09 PM

Because I know baseball in Florida hasnt been big in past years, so I&#39;m just wondering.
Yeah definitely. I mean the passion isn&#39;t nearly as big as the passion by the Red Sox Nation, but it&#39;s up there. The Marlins are on the front page now in April instead of the Miami Dolphins draft talk. The fans also have really become attached to Willis and Cabrera. I&#39;m looking forward to going down to Miami for a game to see the atmosphere of the ballpark.
[/b][/quote]
It&#39;s amazing what a couple of world series wins will do for a team. But at the same time, you know those fans are bandwagoners, and if the team starts losing again, they&#39;re gone until another world series win comes their way.