PDA

View Full Version : Football player killed in Afghanistan

TheFens
04-23-2004, 11:26 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/foot...ex.html?cnn=yes (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/04/23/tillman.killed/index.html?cnn=yes)

Supposedly he was my dentist's brother's friend, and thats how I first heard about it. Its really sad. RIP man.

yeszir
04-23-2004, 12:27 PM
What a sad story. :( R.I.P from me as well.

yagmaster
04-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Tillman was a great player, and an even better person. He gave up a multi-million dollar NFL contract to make $18,000 a year in special ops. Hats off to a real American Hero.

roary
04-23-2004, 09:49 PM
:o I didn't even know he was over there fighting. RIP from me as well to a true American hero. Most baseball players, the bratty little snobs that they are, would not put their lives on the line and give up millions to fight for peanuts. They're money grubbing bastards. Thats why football is fast becoming the nation's #1 sport. :angry:

peskypole
04-23-2004, 09:51 PM
i think tillman has to be one of the most impressive people i've ever heard about. talk about making sacrifices for your country.

yeszir
04-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, lets not blow this out of proportion. Ok, he gave up 3 million and got dead. Its a remarkable story, but he shouldn't be talked about THAT highly. There are people like him who sacrifice their lives every day in wars that some (including myself) think are unjustified.

Just because he was a football player doesnt mean he's the most impressive person ever.

YanksHater213
05-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 23 2004, 10:04 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, lets not blow this out of proportion. Ok, he gave up 3 million and got dead. Its a remarkable story, but he shouldn't be talked about THAT highly. There are people like him who sacrifice their lives every day in wars that some (including myself) think are unjustified.

Just because he was a football player doesnt mean he's the most impressive person ever.
AMEN, this is what i have always said