PDA

View Full Version : Yankees upcoming schedule

yeszir
04-25-2004, 10:29 AM
The yankees have a tough month ahead. They play Oakland twice, KC once, Seattle twice, Anaheim twice, texas once, TB once, and Baltimore once. (talking about series here, not individual games). Thats a tough run of games, and if they continue to play how they are playing now (which I seriously doubt), they could very well end may still under .500.

The sox, on the other hand, Play texas once, Cleveland twice, KC once, Toronto twice, TB once, Oakland once, and Seattle once. While this is a somewaht tough schedule, it is definitely easier than what the yankees have to face.

The sox need to capitalize on the next few weeks in particular and pull ahead of the yankees to a point where they have to fight back for the rest of the season. For once, the Yankees should be playing catch up, not us.

TheFens
04-25-2004, 11:09 AM
We dont really have that easy of a schedule though. All we are doing is playing cleveland and Tampa Bay once. The yankees play Tampa Bay and Texas. Althou ours is a slightly easier one, and the yankees are slumping like crazy, I dont think either team has THAT much of a advantage or disadvantage in the schedule.

Would Bud Selig really approve a schedule that gives unfair matchups to the yankees and red sox? He knows that those two teams mean too much to baseball to give one of them easy victories while the other toils away. At least, I hope he does.

roary
04-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Most important is that the yankees face the big three of Oakland for their next three games, while our great rotation doesn't have to. We get to face Tampa Bay. Thats basically a great shot for another 3 games to add on to our lead over the spankees. The future (or the immediate future at least) looks bright for the sox!

yawkeyway
04-26-2004, 06:17 PM
23 of the teams we face are under .500. I say that gives us a huge advantage over the yankees. They're gonna get mowed down by the A's big three the way they're playing. The sox better capitalize or else I'm going to be pissed off at them. I want the yankees to suffer!

dirtdogman5
04-26-2004, 06:45 PM
The "other" team challenging us for the division (amazing that there's another isn't it?) is Baltimore and they're are playing at home against Seattle this week.

yeszir
04-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by dirtdogman5@Apr 26 2004, 07:45 PM
The "other" team challenging us for the division (amazing that there's another isn't it?) is Baltimore and they're are playing at home against Seattle this week.
While it's a novel idea that the Orioles are challenging the sox for the division, I don't think it'll last. Look at us, we're getting so cocky!

jarjar
05-01-2004, 01:48 AM
Well, we all know what happened with the big 3 A's starters...

Oh well with that.

I work in a bar filled with Yankee fans and it ain't fun.

At least we swept the Rays. :D

Texas isn't gonna be easy for the Sox or the Yanks as they are a surprisingly good team. :unsure: :o

Baltimore is great now, we will see what happens :blink:
Love the season so far...
GO SOX- will love you forever.

roary
05-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by jarjar@May 1 2004, 02:48 AM
Texas isn't gonna be easy for the Sox or the Yanks as they are a surprisingly good team. :unsure: :o

This was a good call. The sox are struggling with Texas right now!

jarjar
05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry to say I was right on with THAT prediction!!!!!

UGH. :angry:

Can we PLEASE escape Cleveland with a SPLIT??????????? :(

Is KC the next team to blindside us with out of character excellence? :unsure:

jacksonianmarch
10-10-2017, 12:59 PM
How is $14. mil saved? I am not doubting you. I just don't understand.

Signing Duda for $8 mil puts Hanley in a platoon situation and keeps his option from vesting, hence saving $22 mil in 2019. $22-$8 is $14

Station 13
10-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Signing Duda for $8 mil puts Hanley in a platoon situation and keeps his option from vesting, hence saving $22 mil in 2019. $22-$8 is $14

What the hell?

jacksonianmarch
10-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Uh, yeah, not sure what happened there. I hit reply then my phone times out

Youk Of The Nation
10-11-2017, 08:21 AM
This might be the oldest thread ever bumped haha

Bellhorn04
10-11-2017, 10:46 AM
I think this is the year, folks. Schilling and Foulke are going to put us over the top. And fuck A-Rod.

mvp 78
10-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Conspiracy theory: Jacko did this on purpose so that more Yankees talk could be seen on the front page.