PDA

View Full Version : Why do we even have a Yankees board?

Northern Star
09-25-2017, 07:28 PM
This is a Red Sox site. There's no place for discussion/gloating about the enemy.

Slasher9
09-25-2017, 08:27 PM
I find it really fucking weird that Yankees fans come to a Red Sox site to post. We had some on BDC too. I wonder if Sox fans are on Yankees sites?

Thunder
09-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Yeah, it's dumb if you ask me. Let them come and go as they please, but don't dedicate a whole sub-forum to them

Spudboy
09-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Yeah, it's dumb if you ask me. Let them come and go as they please, but don't dedicate a whole sub-forum to them

I was not around at the inception of Talksox but it could be part of the original business model or it could be a result of the owner realizing that some Yankee fans could add to the traffic and volume of posters on the board.

Those are two guesses.

In any case none of the established members here have a problem with a Yankee forum. It's mostly all Jacko and he is seen as harmless by most as he sticks to Yankees stuff mostly and when he does talk about the Sox his input is usually measured and accurate.

We do not suffer Trolls on Talksox, least of which Yankee Trolls. This has rarely been a problem as evidenced by the current crop of Yankee posters who seem nice and also knowledgeable.

So this is not a good idea for a thread at all. You new guys want to start shit about a Yankee poster or a Yankee forum, well good luck with that as Jacko and the others are

part of our community. And well, you guys have been seen as interlopers and detrimental to the board by more than several of the long time posters.

So start some shit and see what goes down.

I'll be sitting here with my Porch Rocker laughing.

Thunder
09-25-2017, 08:57 PM
I was not around at the inception of Talksox but it could be part of the original business model or it could be a result of the owner realizing that some Yankee fans could add to the traffic and volume of posters on the board.

Those are two guesses.

In any case none of the established members here have a problem with a Yankee forum. It's mostly all Jacko and he is seen as harmless by most as he sticks to Yankees stuff mostly and when he does talk about the Sox his input is usually measured and accurate.

We do not suffer Trolls on Talksox, least of which Yankee Trolls. This has rarely been a problem as evidenced by the current crop of Yankee posters who seem nice and also knowledgeable.

So this is not a good idea for a thread at all. You new guys want to start shit about a Yankee poster or a Yankee forum, well good luck with that as Jacko and the others are

part of our community. And well, you guys have been seen as interlopers and detrimental to the board by more than several of the long time posters.

So start some shit and see what goes down.

I'll be sitting here with my Porch Rocker laughing.

I'm not sure I understand this part...?

Spudboy
09-25-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure I understand this part...?

What's not to understand Thunder? I stated an opinion shared by some senior ( long time members ).

I'm not the one starting shit. I am sticking to facts.

Thunder
09-25-2017, 09:02 PM
What shit am I starting?

Spudboy
09-25-2017, 09:10 PM
I'm done.

If the OP really wanted an answer to his question he could have PMed the owner or the mod and asked.

This question was posed with no positive intent and as such I can see that it will serve only to stir shit up.

Slasher9
09-25-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm done.

If the OP really wanted an answer to his question he could have PMed the owner or the mod and asked.

This question was posed with no positive intent and as such I can see that it will serve only to stir shit up.

The OP join date is exactly 1 year after you. Not sure your swipe at us BDC transfers holds much weight here spud.

Spudboy
09-25-2017, 11:03 PM
The OP join date is exactly 1 year after you. Not sure your swipe at us BDC transfers holds much weight here spud.

I was aware of his date of inception. And it is not relevant other than he should really know better than to start this anti-Yankee fan shit here again. No one likes it among the vet posters here. I have seen caustic posts directed by all the good buddies from another place towards Jacko and I am having none of it. No one wants that shit here and I do speak for many members who have expressed their concerns with me privately.

So I would point out to you by virtue of what I have just said that my "swipe" does hold some weight.

One more thing, keeping in mind, of course, that I am not a mod, personal attacks on talksox are not seen as a good thing and are discouraged by the two men that run this place.

Bellhorn04
09-26-2017, 05:34 AM
Youk is a good moderator and handles what needs to be handled. End of story. Really no need for this thread.

Youk Of The Nation
09-26-2017, 07:14 AM
The reason we have a Yankees forum is very simple: To post Yankees stuff, and for Yankees fans on this board to discuss Yankees stuff.

The discussion about why so many Yankees fans hang out here is a completely separate one (though I imagine it is at least partly due to the severe mental disabilities inherent in Yankee fandom; can we really expect rational decision-making from these people?!). They're here, and they're not going anywhere. The alternative to having a Yankees subforum is having all Yankees threads in the General Baseball forum, which would make that forum twice as large and much more unwieldy to navigate. Alternatively, the Yankees threads could end up being posted as comparison or contrast pieces to the Red Sox, and end up in the Sox forum, which is horrifying to consider. Imagine all of the threads currently active in the DY forum in the TalkSox forum instead, just with a few lines added about how it makes them better than the Red Sox.

The Yankees fans on this site (well, most of them) are here because this is a great site for baseball discussion. Go to the YES forums, or even some of the official Red Sox fan forums. They're mostly garbage. In between the spam and the membership counts in quadruple digits, you have far more unrestrained trolls and an amount of useless off-topic discussion that dwarfs any actual insightful conversation about baseball. Jacko contributes a lot to this board, and when it does not directly involve the Yankees, his ideas and statements are almost guaranteed to be part of a great conversation.

We may fight, and we may have rivalries and occasional personal attacks, but that's par for the course on message boards. I'm pretty sure, at this very moment, someone on a message board dedicated to Knitting and Crocheting For Seniors just called someone else a cuntwaffle. But by and large, at the end of the day, this is a much better place to talk about baseball (the reason we are ostensibly here) than about 98% of baseball websites.

Yankees fans suck. But the Yankees fans on this site, suck though they might, are our Yankees fans. You don't kick your pet out of the house or put it to sleep just because its nonsensical yapping and frequent incontinence might inconvenience you sometimes, because deep down, you love your little idiot.

Finally, if none of the above arguments make sense to you, just remember: the Yankees and the Sox have a rivalry that goes all the way back to a time when people wore bowler hats unironically. It's the most well-known rivalry in sports. People who know nothing else about baseball know that the Red Sox and the Yankees are bitter enemies. I bet most of the world knows. I bet if you asked the Pope, he'd say "Who are you and how did you get in here? Security!" That kind of rivalry virtually guarantees that we'd be talking about all of this stuff anyways. Keeping track of Yankees games, prospects, and roster moves is a big part of the life of most die-hard Sox fans. It just so happens that Yankees fans are starting these threads, but we'd circle around to them in our own time even without them.

What would our lives be without Yankees fans on this board to bullshit with?

Slasher9
09-26-2017, 08:23 AM
I was aware of his date of inception. And it is not relevant other than he should really know better than to start this anti-Yankee fan shit here again. No one likes it among the vet posters here. I have seen caustic posts directed by all the good buddies from another place towards Jacko and I am having none of it. No one wants that shit here and I do speak for many members who have expressed their concerns with me privately.

So I would point out to you by virtue of what I have just said that my "swipe" does hold some weight.

One more thing, keeping in mind, of course, that I am not a mod, personal attacks on talksox are not seen as a good thing and are discouraged by the two men that run this place.

what weight does it hold? it wasn't a BDC member that started the thread. if i had started this thread then damn well your point is taken. but as it stands, it just doesnt reconcile with what you are saying.
also, since i am the only BDC transfer that has posted in this thread...read my post and tell me which part of it attacks a specific poster or which part of my post you (or the other longtime oldheads) disagree with.
thanks.

mvp 78
09-26-2017, 11:17 AM
The alternative to having a Yankees subforum is having all Yankees threads in the General Baseball forum, which would make that forum twice as large and much more unwieldy to navigate. Alternatively, the Yankees threads could end up being posted as comparison or contrast pieces to the Red Sox, and end up in the Sox forum, which is horrifying to consider. Imagine all of the threads currently active in the DY forum in the TalkSox forum instead, just with a few lines added about how it makes them better than the Red Sox.

I agree with this 100%.

Northern Star
09-26-2017, 05:58 PM
I didn't attack any Yankees posters, I'm not stirring up shit, I simply asked why we have a forum devoted to the team's biggest rivalry, because it struck me as odd and something I haven't seen on other sites. I could have worded it better. I think I posted it just after the Sox lost last night.

jacksonianmarch
09-27-2017, 10:43 AM
I am on yankee boards and sox boards. I live in MA, so the banter here is more akin to my home experience. Also, there are very few good baseball forums, period. I have been on some Yankee boards where, for example, if you put down a player, you get ridiculed then banned. I forget the prospect, but years ago on the nyyfans site, they were raving about him. I had a subscription to an actual scouting site who said he was garbage. I repeated that SR and got banned. Seriously, banned for disagreeing with the projection of a prospect (btw, I ended up being right IIRC). I'm not on this site because it's a sox site, I am on this site because opposing views are allowed and while they may be ridiculed, they are at least not ban worthy. I took a long and strange road to get here years ago. I was at the Herald before that site exploded, then to a smaller board, then I followed some posters from BH to here. I got banned initially, then came back on and calmed down. It has worked out. I enjoy the banter. I can take a criticism. That being said, I will always represent my team. We have a small but vocal conclave of yankee fans on this site. We are the ones who can handle a bit of crap as most don't survive here. But we all like it

BstHcpr
09-27-2017, 11:52 AM
Jacksonian is good people. I like his insights he brings on the Yankees, and he isn't a total homer like a lot of other fans. Throwing back that "Aaron Judge exposed," was funny too.

Kimmi
09-27-2017, 04:55 PM
All I keep thinking is how kimsaysthis would be all over this thread! LOL

I have no problem with the Yankees sub forum or the Yankees posters here. Every forum I have posted on has had its group of Yankees posters. This is a great site, IMO.

iortiz
09-27-2017, 08:21 PM
Because it's better have the enemy close. Didn't you watch The Godfather movie? LOL!

Thunder
09-27-2017, 11:42 PM
I am on yankee boards and sox boards. I live in MA, so the banter here is more akin to my home experience. Also, there are very few good baseball forums, period. I have been on some Yankee boards where, for example, if you put down a player, you get ridiculed then banned. I forget the prospect, but years ago on the nyyfans site, they were raving about him. I had a subscription to an actual scouting site who said he was garbage. I repeated that SR and got banned. Seriously, banned for disagreeing with the projection of a prospect (btw, I ended up being right IIRC). I'm not on this site because it's a sox site, I am on this site because opposing views are allowed and while they may be ridiculed, they are at least not ban worthy. I took a long and strange road to get here years ago. I was at the Herald before that site exploded, then to a smaller board, then I followed some posters from BH to here. I got banned initially, then came back on and calmed down. It has worked out. I enjoy the banter. I can take a criticism. That being said, I will always represent my team. We have a small but vocal conclave of yankee fans on this site. We are the ones who can handle a bit of crap as most don't survive here. But we all like it

Wow. Well said, sir. Whatever light I perceived you in before this has now been permanently changed for the better.

Youk Of The Nation
09-28-2017, 01:02 AM
Let's not get carried away here guys. Jacko is still a Yankees fan, and therefore sucks.

moonslav59
09-28-2017, 01:12 AM
Let's not get carried away here guys. Jacko is still a Yankees fan, and therefore sucks.

He can't help it: he was born that way.

Jack Flap
09-28-2017, 04:46 PM
I didn't attack any Yankees posters, I'm not stirring up shit, I simply asked why we have a forum devoted to the team's biggest rivalry, because it struck me as odd and something I haven't seen on other sites. I could have worded it better. I think I posted it just after the Sox lost last night.

You're sort of answering your own question here a bit, aren't you?

TylerD
10-13-2017, 09:54 AM
I was wondering why we have this as well as I have not seen this on other forums.... But the rival between the Yanks and Sox is like none other between any other two teams in any sport. It doesn't bother me what so ever...... I found it strange at first but now I don't even notice it. When the Yanks were playing the Indians I actually made a few comments in there with some of the Yanks fans. Believe it or not...... Not all Yanks fans are douchebags. You get a lot no doubt about it but there are some on this forum that are very nice people to talk with actually. The Yankees are a rival but at the end of the day it wont kill us to have a Yankees board so we can talk to other posters about their team (as long as they aren't assholes) which I have been apart of this board for going on 7 years and haven't seen to many jerks. Usually the jerks create an account quick make a rude comment and take off. The others are pretty good people it seems.

SCM33
12-07-2017, 12:51 AM
This is a Red Sox site. There's no place for discussion/gloating about the enemy.

I find it really fucking weird that Yankees fans come to a Red Sox site to post. We had some on BDC too. I wonder if Sox fans are on Yankees sites?

I always lurk other teams site. To be honest, its a reflection of this board. Jacko is/has always been one of the most active members. About 10 years ago, there were a bunch more Yankee fans here as well, when there was actually a rivalry.

I always welcome a different opinion/perspective. I dont post at Yankee forums, but I have a username and lurk at NYYfans.com.

Nothing wrong with it. Without Jacko, this place wouldn't be the same.

Don't take it as a compliment Jacko, you are still a yankee fan loser!!!!

jacksonianmarch
12-08-2017, 08:53 PM
There will be more of us when the rivalry kicks up this year. I anticipate a big Yankee-Sox season in 2018. I also help root out the trolls from my brethren. This is akin to my daily life. I'm a NYY fan in MA. Its like home to be told to F- off because I like the Yankees

Youk Of The Nation
12-11-2017, 09:42 AM
There will be more of us when the rivalry kicks up this year. I anticipate a big Yankee-Sox season in 2018. I also help root out the trolls from my brethren. This is akin to my daily life. I'm a NYY fan in MA. Its like home to be told to F- off because I like the Yankees

Oh, f- off.

jacksonianmarch
12-13-2017, 07:21 PM
So cozy, lol