CrespoBlows
12-01-2004, 02:56 PM
http://bostondirtdogs.com/

yankeessuck013
12-01-2004, 02:58 PM
nooooooooo

elsrbueno
12-01-2004, 03:09 PM
I can't believe this is true until it actually happens.

ahhchon
12-01-2004, 03:09 PM
what are you talking about, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the yankees are giving up their future ace for a 2 year pitcher. HA HA HA HA HA

johnson is going to cost them 21 mil, vazquez, duncan and a yet to be named piece. that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awsome.

please let this happen.

john

CrespoBlows
12-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Why do you want this to happen?

Vazquez will never be an ace, he's been in the bigs for too long to still be considered a prospect.

Duncan won't be a star, ever, period.

Gordon is old.

Finally, Randy Johnson is the best lefthander in all of baseball, he had the most K's and won 16 games for a team that won 40 something. Johnson will immediatly shore up the top of the rotation, and put the Yankees staff over ours.

RedSoxRooter
12-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ahhchon@Dec 1 2004, 03:09 PM
what are you talking about, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the yankees are giving up their future ace for a 2 year pitcher. HA HA HA HA HA

johnson is going to cost them 21 mil, vazquez, duncan and a yet to be named piece. that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awsome.

please let this happen.

john
With any other team, I'd agree. But with the Yankees, money and prospects don't really matter if they have enough cash to fall back on. And they have all the cash in the world it seems.

This is another reason I wouldn't mind Pedro going to the Mets. If the Mets can somehow split the market in NY a little more evenly, the Yanks revenue may drop a bit.

And CrespoBlows is correct. Diverting him from NY is just as important, if not more important than getting him ourselves.

ahhchon
12-01-2004, 04:11 PM
are you guys kidding me? vazques was good up to the all star break, he didn't make the ast for no reason..

vazquez can still be good, imo, losing such a young pitcher for johnson is not worth it. especially when his salaray is 20 + mill.

john

CrespoBlows
12-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ahhchon@Dec 1 2004, 04:11 PM
are you guys kidding me? vazques was good up to the all star break, he didn't make the ast for no reason..

vazquez can still be good, imo, losing such a young pitcher for johnson is not worth it. especially when his salaray is 20 + mill.

john
RJ makes 15 million, Vazquez 11 million

He made the all star team only because Torre was in charge

I think Loazia made that team too.

schillingouttheks
12-01-2004, 05:04 PM
loaiza did...

but when u say its not worth the money, steiny doesnt really care. he has all the money in the world to play around with. which makes him that much more dangerous.

ahhchon
12-01-2004, 06:33 PM
i was under the impression (cus i swear i read somewhere) that rj is making 17 mill next season.. add the 4 to that and it puts him to 21.. pretty crazy if you ask me.

john

yankeessuck013
12-01-2004, 09:39 PM
now yankees are saying they don't wan't RJ:

For almost five months now, the Yankees have practically stalked Randy Johnson. But on Wednesday, they did something nobody saw coming:

They informed the Diamondbacks they were no longer interested in trading for him.

Is it Truth or a Ploy? (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=1936460)

ahhchon
12-01-2004, 11:13 PM
with hudson on the market? i wouldn't be surprised if it was the truth. a javy hudson trade would be weird. the yankes would have to eat part of javys contract, probably 3-4 mill. hudson is a free agent after 05. so if the yankees sign hudson for (oh lets say) 14 mill a year they'll actually be paying 18 mill a year for hudson.

yeah, hudson is good, but not 18 mill good. pedro was barely being paid 18 mill in the older market and put up sub 2.5 era's multiple times, not to mention 2 cy youngs, triple crown, multiple league k and era leads..

either way i see it is this: if the yankees lose javy it's a good thing. i think he's still a decent pitcher and if they get hudson or rj in return they will only be yankees (guaranteed) for 1 year. after that it's free agency unless the yanks outbit everyone else.

john

Phill11
12-02-2004, 08:20 PM
As a Diamondback fan, it's easy to say, Johnson won't go to the Yankees unless they meet their demands. And right now, even the Yankees would be crazy to meet the demands.

The Diamondbacks Demands:
Javier Vazquez
$18 million (Cash)
Top prospects (2-4 of the Yankees top prospects)
Then one pitcher from this list (Hudson, Chacon, Rogers, Zito, and a few others)

So basically AZ is looking for two aces, a ton of money and a few decent prospects. As a DBack fan, I love the DBacks effort to actually make a good trade, since the trades we did last year were crazy (The Schilling trade and Sexson Trade), but this trade is just insane. No GM in MLB would do it. :blink:

So, I think it's safe to say a DBacks/NYY Deal is not going to happen soon. I still think the Angels will get Johnson since they have prospects Casey Kotchman and Dallas McPherson. But Anaheim is not looking to deal them, look for ANA to cave in.

12-07-2004, 05:31 PM
"THE NATION" must be quaking in their boots...and the Yankees are getting Carl Pavano too.

12-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Phill11@Dec 2 2004, 08:20 PM
As a Diamondback fan, it's easy to say, Johnson won't go to the Yankees unless they meet their demands. And right now, even the Yankees would be crazy to meet the demands.

The Diamondbacks Demands:
Javier Vazquez
$18 million (Cash)
Top prospects (2-4 of the Yankees top prospects)
Then one pitcher from this list (Hudson, Chacon, Rogers, Zito, and a few others)

So basically AZ is looking for two aces, a ton of money and a few decent prospects. As a DBack fan, I love the DBacks effort to actually make a good trade, since the trades we did last year were crazy (The Schilling trade and Sexson Trade), but this trade is just insane. No GM in MLB would do it. :blink:

So, I think it's safe to say a DBacks/NYY Deal is not going to happen soon. I still think the Angels will get Johnson since they have prospects Casey Kotchman and Dallas McPherson. But Anaheim is not looking to deal them, look for ANA to cave in.
Do you even know how negiotiation works?

Anyway, the Yankees have a good shot at landing Chacon. Chacon can be sent along with Vazquez and prospects.

Oh, and neither pitchers are "aces" of any sort.