PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Northern Star
11-02-2018, 08:55 PM
With the U.S. version of Thanksgiving looming, I'd like to take a minute to thank Yeszir, Youk and Jasonbay44 for providing this site and keeping us safe from trolls and spammers. It's a great refuge from the scary outside world.

Thanks also to all the regular posters who contribute to the conversation and make this site a fun and entertaining place to be. (Yes, even you, Jacko).

Kimmi
11-03-2018, 07:46 AM
I second that. There is a lot more that I am thankful for that is far more important in the big scheme of things, but baseball is a great release and pastime for me. I look forward to coming to Talksox to read and post about the sport that I love.

I appreciate the work that is put into maintaining and moderating the site.

IMO, it's an awesome forum!

Youk Of The Nation
11-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Your gratitude is worthless to me without cash gifts.

Seriously though, thanks for the acknowledgements guys, glad you're all here.

Northern Star
11-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Cash gifts implies I have disposable cash....

iortiz
11-03-2018, 12:59 PM
I've been here for a while, and to me talksox has become part of my daily basis activities LOL!

Forum has had ups and downs but always well monitored and moderated mainly by youk and recently by JB44 who was a huge addition for the board as a mod.

Sometimes I can't post as much as I would like but I'm always alert. :)

Jasonbay44
11-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Posts like this are always appreciated. This Forum wouldn't exist without all the active contributors on here, and I appreciate you all. This was a great season and being here for it made it way more enjoyable, especially when I live in Maryland and everyone besides my family and one friend HATES the Sox lol.

Youk Of The Nation
11-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Posts like this are always appreciated. This Forum wouldn't exist without all the active contributors on here, and I appreciate you all. This was a great season and being here for it made it way more enjoyable, especially when I live in Maryland and everyone besides my family and one friend HATES the Sox lol.

You need new friends.

a700hitter
11-03-2018, 02:05 PM
You guys are the best mods. There is no doubt about that. You are a big part of why so many of us have come here for so many years. When I started posting here, Yeszir and Youk still had pimples. Your patience is a also big reason why so many of us are still allowed to post here.

I vote that the salaries of the mods be doubled. I would decree the salary increase as King of TalkSox, but it is only a ceremonial self-anointed position. Thus, any decree would have no effect.

Youk Of The Nation
11-03-2018, 07:23 PM
You guys are the best mods. There is no doubt about that. You are a big part of why so many of us have come here for so many years. When I started posting here, Yeszir and Youk still had pimples. Your patience is a also big reason why so many of us are still allowed to post here.

I vote that the salaries of the mods be doubled. I would decree the salary increase as King of TalkSox, but it is only a ceremonial self-anointed position. Thus, any decree would have no effect.

I agree! What's double of nothing? I know we have a couple accountants here who could help me out with the math. I could use the money!

jacksonianmarch
11-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Seconded

mvp 78
11-07-2018, 02:09 PM
I agree! What's double of nothing? I know we have a couple accountants here who could help me out with the math. I could use the money!

+ 5 Intangible Asset to Youk
+ 5 Intangible Asset to JBay
+ 3 Intangible Asset to Yeszir