PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bellhorn

TheFens
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
What do you think of this constantly walking Todd Walker look-alike? He gets on base a fair amount through walks (from bosoxguru's website, I see theres only one game in which he hasn't been on base.

On the flip side, he's hitting below the mendoza line. So, what do you think about him. Can poppa jack turn him around and get him hitting mit 200's, or will we see poor hitting, a good eye, and above par fielding for the rest of the season?

roary
04-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Even though he can't hit, his even .400 OBP is mighy appealing. OPS, not so much so (.715), but he gets on base and that means he can be placed early in the lineup. Batting second is good for him. I really wouldn't mind seeing him in their every day until the sox come back full strength. And even after then, he may start hitting soon and would do well near the bottom of the order.

yagmaster
04-27-2004, 08:00 PM
His batting eye is impeccable. You rarely see him swing at a ball out of the zone, and he does have some power. That sinking line drive HW off MFY was incredible, and I think he can add to his considerably bad batting average.

BoSoxGuru
04-28-2004, 04:07 PM
If he can improve his batting average, I think we might see a case like last year: Bill Mueller was playing excellent so Theo decided to ship Shea out for some pitching. It reminds me of that situation, but we can't get much for Pokey and this is his first season, so its doubtful. But Bellhorn is definently making a case for more PT.

yeszir
04-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by BoSoxGuru@Apr 28 2004, 05:07 PM
If he can improve his batting average, I think we might see a case like last year: Bill Mueller was playing excellent so Theo decided to ship Shea out for some pitching. It reminds me of that situation, but we can't get much for Pokey and this is his first season, so its doubtful. But Bellhorn is definently making a case for more PT.
Its funny though, that the "some pitching" that Shea was traded for has really turned out to not be helpful. What more, we haven't been hurt by it in the least!