PDA

View Full Version : April 29th vs. Tampa Bay

yeszir
04-29-2004, 03:58 PM
After the 4-0 win against TB in which BK got the win, the sox and drays face off for part two of the double header. It's Lowe against Moss. Are the sox so hot that they can win two in one day?

Tek04
04-29-2004, 04:07 PM
and set a club record by shutting there opponent for a 4th straight game? that would be sweet.

yeszir
04-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Tek04@Apr 29 2004, 05:07 PM
and set a club record by shutting there opponent for a 4th straight game? that would be sweet.
Nice, that would be the club record? That would be amazing. Lowe has the potential for 0 run ball, and our bullpen can certainly continue the dominance. It would be amazing to see (again). A sweep of the devil rays right after a sweep of the yankees. Woohoo! Come on Sox!

yawkeyway
04-29-2004, 06:36 PM
And there endeth a streak. No more consecutive scoreless innings by starters. No more chance for record breaking 4th shutout in a row. Damn you D-Lowe!

But the most important streak is still alive. The winning streak that is, we're up by 3 in the first. Come on, lets not let them get more than they have.

roary
04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Oh well, you knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Streaks dont last forever, thats why they are called streaks.

And I'd trade that AND the bullpen's streak for our hitting now. We've certainly snapped out of the funk, with 7 runs in the first inning! Tek with the homer, and....wait for it.... Pokey Reese of all people with 2 rbi. Even though its against the D-Rays, runs are runs and a game like this (so far, at least) can really get us back on track.

yeszir
04-29-2004, 07:27 PM
It's still 7-2 after 4. It looks as if the sox are on their way to 6 wins in a row. Our offense picked up (but only in the first, its been quiet since then) and pitching looks good, even if they did give up a run.

TheFens
04-29-2004, 08:17 PM
I dont know if the sox snapped out of their offensive "funk". I know it sounds crazy talking about a team that just scored 7 runs in the first inning, but they haven't scored yet. It kinda all came at once. If they were truly on track, they'd be hitting constantly, getting runs in all, or at least different, innings.

We'll have to see in games to come, but the offense is certainly on the upswing, I'll give them that. And D-Lowe is pitching decently well.

RedSoxRooter
04-29-2004, 08:42 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Manny's a Monster in TX - and they're next.

dirtdogman5
04-29-2004, 09:02 PM
6 in a row, baby!

RedSoxRooter
04-29-2004, 09:04 PM
9 outa 10 if I'm not mistaken.

DuffyCliff
04-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Could this be going any better?

And the Red Sox are STILL doing this without Nomar and Nixon. They need to keep dominating these fairly easy teams until they return when they can buck up and strangle anyone who gets in the way for the stretch run.

Ohh yeah...

Keith Foulke = Unbelievable