View Full Version : MFY

yeszir
04-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Eh, lets just bitch and moan here. A-rod's overrated anyway.

dirtdogman5
04-03-2004, 10:04 AM
I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. I hate George Steinbrenner and his fat wallet and getting all the great talent. I hate Jeter and his girl attracting and clutch hitting ways. I hate A-Rod for not offering to play 2B for the Sox. I hate Giambi for looking like he's been on steroids and now he suddenly got off the juice. I hate Rivera because he was the ALCS MVP. I hate Matsui because of all the money he's bringing to the Yankees because of all the the Japanese fans. I hate Quantrill because he's been dominating so far. I hate Kenny Lofton because he's got a big mouth. I hate Gary Sheffield for the same reason. I hate Posada for his shitty little bloop double. I hate Mussina for almost throwing a perfect game at Fenway and would've if it weren't for the non dino believer. I hate Brown because he was a former Marlin and took the money to San Diego. I hate Contreras because he's most likely lying about his age. I hate Enrique Wilson because of the bad press he brought the Manny. And last but not least I hate Tony Clark for his suckiness with the Sox.

Rutgers sox
04-03-2004, 11:50 PM
you guys are lucky! your in boston were their are tons of sox fans ,here in NJ im like the only member of Red Sox nation in a sea of pinstripes. And o yeah Arod is soooooo overated so is jeter and giambi

Benny9Sox7
04-04-2004, 12:12 AM
thats gonna be good that you live in NJ when the sox win the world series this year, beating the yanks in the ALCS

yeszir
04-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Rutgers sox@Apr 3 2004, 11:50 PM
you guys are lucky! your in boston were their are tons of sox fans ,here in NJ im like the only member of Red Sox nation in a sea of pinstripes. And o yeah Arod is soooooo overated so is jeter and giambi
I'm sure you'll eventually find someone else, maybe even with the help of these boards! :D But I feel your pain, I have an entire group of friends who are yankee fans and who refuse to listen to any argument. The only words out of their mouths EVER are 1918, Babe Ruth, Aaron Boone, and A-Rod. :angry:

dirtdogman5
04-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Trust me, it wasn't a picnic living here in Florida during the ALCS. There are som many bandwagoning Yankee fans here. But now that the Sox looked so improved, a lot of people are jumping on the Sox bandwagon.

yeszir
04-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by dirtdogman5@Apr 4 2004, 10:33 AM
Trust me, it wasn't a picnic living here in Florida during the ALCS. There are som many bandwagoning Yankee fans here. But now that the Sox looked so improved, a lot of people are jumping on the Sox bandwagon.
Bah, we dont want bandwagoners! We want real fans. Thats what we have for the most part.

Also, about the yankees and for anyone who gets SI, if you look at all the state by state breakdowns, the yankees are always one of the top 3 baseball teams, even in a farawar state like Wyoming.

And another question on that. Have they done Massachusetts yet? I've been looking for it but I'm afraid I missed it.

cedarites
04-04-2004, 12:14 PM
I don't think they've done Massachusetts yet, but I don't know for sure.

Sinix
04-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Dave: You have Yankee loving friends? I hope not ones that I know...

If Mass did a poll on the three worst things in the world it would probably be something like this:

1. Yankees
2. Saddam Hussein
3. George W. Bush

yeszir
04-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Sinix@Apr 4 2004, 02:34 PM
Dave: You have Yankee loving friends? I hope not ones that I know...

If Mass did a poll on the three worst things in the world it would probably be something like this:

1. Yankees
2. Saddam Hussein
3. George W. Bush
Hussein wouldn't be in the top 3, maybe bin laden, but not Hussein. After all, he didnt really do anything to us, despite what the conservatives say. But I agree with the list in principle. :)

As for my yankee friends, its unfortunate, but no one you know.

dirtdogman5
04-04-2004, 02:54 PM
I have Yankee loving friends too. They know my passion for the Sox and their passion for the MFY isn't even close to my passion. I now have a few less MFY loving friends after Game 7. I held on to the friends that didn't shove it in my face.

CalvnHobs6
04-04-2004, 03:19 PM
I hate getting into an argument with a Yankee fan. Whenever I make a good point, they always come back with, "When's the last time you've won a championship?" It's really friggin irritating.

Benny9Sox7
04-04-2004, 03:31 PM
i think that happens to everyone, i feel bad for my bro down at college, he goes to sacred heart university down in conn....... and he has an appartment wit 7 yankee lovers.... tell me thats not bad

roary
04-04-2004, 04:07 PM
I had a "friend" who went to school at NYU a few years ago. He was a sox fan, but he got converted.......to a ......yankees fan! Its painful to say. How in the hell could that happen, i know. But now he's just a "friend".

Benny9Sox7
04-04-2004, 04:13 PM
how could someone join the dark side..... really thouht how could u b a sox fan and then switch, thats jus crazy

CalvnHobs6
04-04-2004, 04:52 PM
You could just be a frontrunner, I know a bunch of kids who are. Hell, even people who only like the sox when they win are frontrunner, bandwagoners, fairweather fans, whatever.

Doomrider40k
04-04-2004, 04:55 PM
I am convinced that George Steinbrenner is the anti-christ. Coming from a jew, that's pretty heavy stuff.

If the messiah does come, Steinbrenner will spend ridiculous amounts of money to bring him down. You may say "well, that's just a stupid idea". Think of this.

The messiah IS the 2004 Red Sox. They are simply the bringers of neverending joy to all of humanity. And Steinbrenner is doing everything in his power to bring them down. I swear to God, give me one chance, and i'd blow his fat ass away.

Benny9Sox7
04-04-2004, 06:24 PM
lol.......and to add on...... God is a SOX fan

yeszir
04-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Enough with the speculation, I just can't wait until the first meeting between the two teams.

Do you think any of the tension left over from the alcs (the whole fight and the tough losses included) will spill over into this season? I wouldnt mind seeing a bench clearing brawl. I want to see a headlock Tony Cloninger style.

Gertie
04-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Sorry, I have to bitch about last night's game. That was shit. Pure, unadultrated shit. I know it's just one game, and it really has no bearing on the season as a whole, but... damn.

TheFens
04-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Maybe we have less to worry about now. :D We're 2-0 against the MFY. Do any of the yankee fans on the site want to offer their perspectives on the teams/matchups?

empirestrikesback26
08-12-2004, 12:59 AM
http://library.brandeis.edu/specialcollections/specialevents/ford/gallery/6_00-093-25.jpgroom where people care^^^^

empirestrikesback26
08-12-2004, 01:28 PM
http://www.bobandtom.com/pix/wdw98_10.jpg
RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU CARE!

yeszir
08-12-2004, 03:35 PM
You're not making a case for your reinstatement here.

empirestrikesback26
08-12-2004, 03:42 PM
lol yea i know i just thought it was funny for some reason maybe i was on crack when i posted that stuff.

CrespoBlows
08-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by yeszir@Aug 12 2004, 03:35 PM
You're not making a case for your reinstatement here.
no he's not, but that's pretty damn funny.

empirestrikesback26
08-12-2004, 03:43 PM
no he's not, but that's pretty damn funny. ok good, im not crazy.