PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Free Agency

ACL BoSox
01-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Talksox Rules for Free Agency

1) All offers must be sent via PM to me: ACL BoSox

Format for submitting offers must follow this format, example:

Message title should be “Houston Astros Free Agent Offers”

All offers should be annual, example: “The Houston Astros offer SP Pedro Martinez $14,500,000 per year, for 4 years.”

You can make offers to as many players as you want, but only one set of offers per day. All offers must be in one message.

2) You are only allowed to send one set of offers per day, if I see you flooding my mailbox I will have you kicked out of the league.

3) If you do not submit your offers in the proper format, it will be disregarded.

4) Please watch your budget, if you go over I can’t put anymore offers in for you.

5) Free Agents do not only look for money, but for success and years as well among numerous other factors. Do not complain if you offer the most money and do not sign the player, I don’t decide where a player signs, the computer does.

6) Once you sign a Free Agent, he cannot be traded until the start of the season, no questions asked.

7) No Bitching

8) Most Importantly, have fun, and GOOD LUCK!!

Current list of free agents can be found here: http://www.talksox.com/sim/agents.html
List of retirees, revenue sharing, and market changes, etc. here: http://www.talksox.com/sim/lnews.html

Offers updated daily except Friday, offers due by midnight Friday the 7th. Update on Saturday the 8th.

Note: If you have any other suggestions, feel free to add them.

ACL BoSox
01-05-2005, 01:22 AM
I was experimenting with some offers, and came across the fact that certain players do not like certain organizations and there's nothing you can do about it... sorry, so some people will be out of luck, myself included.

elsrbueno
01-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Questions:
Will we see current offers out on players, or is this a "silent auction?"
After our initial offer, do we have a chance to modify our offer if they reject?

Bonds*
01-05-2005, 04:39 PM
It should be silent.

Otherwise, I've seen the bidding in some online leagues go absolutely insane.

I'm talking 25 million for Richie Sexson.

Yanks in 05
01-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Its silent guys. But at the end of each day or the next morning ACL is going to post the Top 5 bids so you have an Idea.

I LOVE WOMENS VOLLEYBALL
01-05-2005, 05:05 PM
first of all i'm a girl. second of all by posting the top bids it defeats the purpse of the silent bid.

yeszir
01-05-2005, 05:11 PM
A word of warning:
PM box limit is 50 messages, so you'll have to delete messages to make room.

Bonds*
01-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Wait a sec, don't post any top 5 anything.

Every owner will get emails in the game regarding their offers.

Yanks in 05
01-05-2005, 08:40 PM
No, you dont put it in the game he will just post the offers with the top money.