PDA

View Full Version : This league will not continue past April

yeszir
01-07-2005, 04:54 PM
This is final. I've had a lot of people asking me, so why not make a thread? No amount of arguments will reverse this, I've heard them all. Spare me. If you so much as make ONE post or pm or im bitching, you are opening yourself up to a world of pain. I promise.

This is an offseason talksox league, designed solely to pass the time from season to season. It will return after this offseason is over at the next baseball hiatus. Whether it is with the same standings and owners is for you all to decide.

That is all. But on April 1st, this league ends.

badbeanies
01-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Can I ask how long are each season? (Actually matters a lot)

Soxfan#1
01-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Ok so as soon as spring training starts were through. I'm fine with that but alot of members only come for the sim league.

Yanks in 05
01-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Wait sim leageu april 1 or real life?

yeszir
01-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok so as soon as spring training starts were through. I'm fine with that but alot of members only come for the sim league.
And I'm fine with that.

It ends April 1 in real life. And we will get as many seasons done as we can until the real season starts, for those who asked.

ACL BoSox
01-07-2005, 05:04 PM
This is an ultimatum, no arguing here.

The league will finish at least Season 2 and possibly season 3 depending on the cooperativeness of the memebers. Play will resume in October of '05.

Gertie
01-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Sounds fine with me.

Bonds*
01-07-2005, 05:27 PM
October 27th when baseball is done, or June 27th when the Red Sox are done?

:P

yeszir
01-07-2005, 05:35 PM
October 27th when baseball is done, or June 27th when the Red Sox are done?

:P
I will bet you copious amounts of money that the sox will have a better record than the mets. <_<

Bonds*
01-07-2005, 06:03 PM
When don't they?

Gertie
01-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Uh... 1986?

youkilis rules
01-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Wanna give any reasoning? I don't understand why someone not actually involved in the league is making an executive decision without even a good esplanation...

Radgeta
01-08-2005, 12:07 AM
I believe he owns the site.

youkilis rules
01-08-2005, 12:30 AM
I believe he owns the site.

Love the well thought out, well reasoned answer to my question. I repeat, why is someone who is not part of this league making an executive decision about it without at least giving a good explanation?

Yanks in 05
01-08-2005, 12:33 AM
I wouldnt say that, hes in the TC, plus he owns the site so.......

Radgeta
01-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Love the well thought out, well reasoned answer to my question. I repeat, why is someone who is not part of this league making an executive decision about it without at least giving a good explanation?

Are you stupid? If he owns the site he can do whatever the hell he wants. So he can make the excutive decision and doesn't have to explain himself if he doesn't want to. Maybe he wants to shut it down to save himself money, maybe he wants to shut it down because of people like you? Who knows he'll explain if he wants to.

youkilis rules
01-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Haha you're funny.

ang2124
01-08-2005, 01:11 AM
well he is damn right yeszir owns all of Talksox so he can do whatevr the hell he wants to do with it i completely agree with Radgeta on this.

Radgeta
01-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Haha you're funny.

No, I just tell the truth.

yeszir
01-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Gideon, this is first and foremost a Red Sox site, not a simulation league site. This was started as on offseason thing, and it will remain an offseason thing. It can and will detract from any red sox discussion that will go on in the regular season, as people will spend much of there time in here.

Since it'll be baseball season by the time this ends, you can go right back to your precious fantasy baseball.

youkilis rules
01-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Oh snap you called me Gideon so I know I'm in trouble now. The thing is, if you are afraid people will spend "too much time" with this, shouldn't that ultimately be up to them not you? I don't see why you won't be happy to have your website serving baseball fans in all regards...

CrespoBlows
01-08-2005, 02:30 PM
It's up to him to make any decsions on this site, his word is final. If you don't like it, tough, then leave and go join another sim league.

yeszir
01-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh snap you called me Gideon so I know I'm in trouble now. The thing is, if you are afraid people will spend "too much time" with this, shouldn't that ultimately be up to them not you? I don't see why you won't be happy to have your website serving baseball fans in all regards...
Do you get off on being as annoying as possible or something?

Noah
01-08-2005, 04:11 PM

You know what, buddy? Why don't you take your good-for-nothing, bitch-ass comments somewhere else, asshole?

Rad told you: HE OWNS THE SITE! As the owner of the site, he'll do whatever he feels is best for the damn site. I would have to agree with him - this is an offseason thing (which Yez stated, need some reading lessons bud?) and it severely takes away from the Red Sox section during the regular season/playoffs.

Leave it at that, and if you have an issue, leave. Jeez.

Noah
01-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Haha you're funny.

No, you are, you fuckin' cunt. Mess with Rad again man. You can just consider yourself banned if you do.

Noah
01-08-2005, 04:13 PM

You got a fucking problem? Again, if you got beef, leave the fuckin' site and join another league. It's not Yez's fault that the sim league is your priority on this site. Go find another group of people to fuck with, we don't want your bullshit here. It's a fuckin' Red Sox site, not a place where Yez has to run a fantasy league that eats bandwidth and distracts people from the REAL PURPOSE OF THE SITE!

Bonds*
01-08-2005, 04:19 PM
wtf!? Don't tell him to join another league. Keep him contained.

Radgeta
01-08-2005, 04:19 PM
i agree with Noah. Grow up, act mature, your not the only one affected by the sim league Hiatus. We can carry on the sim league on some free forums and such if we really wanted to until yezsir gave us the OK to come back.

STOP WHINING DAMNIT

youkilis rules
01-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Haha noah is crackin' me up. Three straight posts just bitching me out. Sorry dude I can't deal with your PMS.

Noah
01-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Haha noah is crackin' me up. Three straight posts just bitching me out. Sorry dude I can't deal with your PMS.
C'mon, you little shitfuck. Mess with me one more time, cockhead. I fuckin' dare you, dickface.

ang2124
01-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Get him the hell outta here

yeszir
01-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Alright, thread locked. This is information, not debate.