PDA

View Full Version : "Yankees Suck"

I LOVE WOMENS VOLLEYBALL
05-02-2004, 07:01 PM
I attended the recent Yankees vs. Red Sox series at Fenway with my two young children and I was absolutely horrified by the amount of lewd behavior and cussing displayed by many in the stadium. As a father trying to raise my children into refined, urbane human beings, I felt very out of place and embarrassed by the many folk under the influence. The phrase 'Yankees Suck' is something that really got me rattled up. My children, Marsha (6), and Albert II (8) are not emotionally mature enough to have these types of words in their everyday vocabulary. It is clearly stated it the ten commandments "Thou Shalt Not Steal". In reality, the fans of Fenway Park are stealing my childrens rights to living their childhood lives like children, not adults. I recently attended a MADD meeting, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and proposed the same ideas there. I recieved brochures that were in essence, life changing. I am yearning for the same sort of feedback from this website, hence I have joined it. Additionally, if anyone is interested, I have tapes and brochures in my trunk which i would be glad to drop off at your doorstep, free of charge!

Your pal,

Albert

Belgrade, Me

yagmaster
05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the site, very insightful post. I agree that it's not great for young children, but I think "Yankees Suck" is a symbol of Boston, albeit not a very sophistocated one.

rsoxfan1489
05-02-2004, 07:29 PM
What the hell are you talking about? your kids are going to learn words just as bad in elementary and middle school. I agree there is a lot of swearing in Fenway during Yankees games, but that it was makes a Red Sox fan. Furthermore, it is common knowledge that there is going to be swearing and lewd behavior during the Red Sox-Yankees games. Here's an idea, don't bring your kids to those games!!!!! I mean, come on, what do you expect? a tea party and great behavior when our rival plays us? Finally, to reiterate what I was saying, your kids will learn much worse behavior in middle school and high school, behavior that I will wager they will be too young to be exposed to, yet it will be there. I think there are things that people should worry about rather than their kids learning swears at a baseball game, such as drugs or other such behavior in our schools.

CalvnHobs6
05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
That was a great post, "Albert." Quick question though: You said you were a father going to mothers against drunk driving (MADD). How does that work for you?
Also, tapes and brochures in your trunk? Not doing it for me. Funny, but no.

roary
05-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by CalvnHobs6@May 2 2004, 09:48 PM
That was a great post, "Albert." Quick question though: You said you were a father going to mothers against drunk driving (MADD). How does that work for you?
Also, tapes and brochures in your trunk? Not doing it for me. Funny, but no.
lol. Serious or not, he brings up a good point though. Although I dont view it as such, and it really doesnt bother me, it could be viewed as innapropriate by some. After all, there are kids in attendance, and screaming out "FUCK YOU JETER" isn't the best thing in the world to do when a 5 year old kid is standing next to you, getting soaked in your beer.

rsoxfan1489
05-03-2004, 01:08 AM
don't bring kids to the sox yanks game, u know what to expect, why do you still insist on it?

Benny9Sox7
05-03-2004, 01:27 PM
i agree with not taking your kids to the sox-yanks game if you dont want them learning those words.... but you cannot keep your kids from hearing these words.... i learned alot of horrific stuff in school that if i told my parents they would be dumbfounded, you cant keep everyone from not saying these things... you should know as a baseball fan that this is the type of stuff that happens at baseball games esspecially sox-yanks games

TheFens
05-03-2004, 04:43 PM
While your kids will hear worse things at school for sure, I think it's a legitimate concern to have. Why force the uncomfortable situation of sitting with your kids, listening to some guy swear his face off behind you.

The yankees suck cheer isnt going away however. While it doesnt bother me, some people are fondly attached to it and wouldnt give it up for the world. Its just one of the facts of life that you need to live with I guess.

Zenny
05-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by roary@May 2 2004, 09:45 PM
lol. Serious or not, he brings up a good point though. Although I dont view it as such, and it really doesnt bother me, it could be viewed as innapropriate by some. After all, there are kids in attendance, and screaming out "FUCK YOU JETER" isn't the best thing in the world to do when a 5 year old kid is standing next to you, getting soaked in your beer.

So you saw me at that game, then? LOL

Kids will be kids, "Albert". They probably say "suck", "gay" and "sex" in school already. No worries. It's not like they're going to have a future on welfare because they heard someone say "Yankees Suck". Hell, I remember my first game when I was 10 and I was screaming it. That's what happens. It's a part of life in RSN, no matter if the Yankees are a dynasty or not.

CalvnHobs6
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I agree with everything that's been said. Swearing is a part of Boston baseball :D
There are lots of things worse than taking your kids to a Sox game.

dirtdogman5
05-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I can kinda relate to what your saying Albert. When I was 10 (which was only 3 years ago) I visited Fenway Park and my parents seemed horrified when they saw some shirts "questioning Jeter's sexual preference". Now of course I'm kinda into the whole Yankees suck thing (I got 2 shirts to prove it) but some people take it too far. But as people have said, it's not like kids don't talk about worth things than saying "suck" in school. Trust me, I know being in 7th grade.

DOWNwithBennIFFER
05-28-2004, 10:24 AM
I don't understand...it was my understanding that Yankees DO suck...and that Jeter DOES suck A-Rod....but if there was any misunderstanding it can obviously be traced to BEN AFFLECK and his once career. If there is any controversy direct the hate toward the correct recipient: BEN AFFLECK.

GrassInZimsTeeth
05-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah, who elected the Bennifer to be the unofficial spokesperson for Red Sox Nation? Now I know where they came up with those obnoxious "Wendy's unofficial spokesperson" ads.

Who's going to believe that someone who's gettin' the big bootie cooties is a pureblood Sox fan when she's from NYC? Breaking up with her doesn't make it right. He should have to wear a big NY symbol on his chest for all eternity. UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!!

Two words Ben: Gi-Li

CowboyUpYours
05-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Big Al, COME ON! You pack up the pick-up truck with the kids and make the trek all the way from Maine to a Red Sox/Yankees game? Take a look at GrassInZimsTeeth's picture....that's what we're talking about. The rivalry is so ridiculously obvious, kind of like how obvious it is that Ben Affleck is in love with Johnny Damon. But seriously, who takes their children to a Red Sox/Yankees game? Are you a single parent? Oh Maine...too far up to know what's up.

JethroTull
05-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Albert, Albert, Albert. You have discovered your feminine side, and you are on the road to enlightenment. But we get into a quandry when we don't do our homework. It is impossible to be a lifelong Sox fan,(as most Mainers are), w/o first hand knowledge of the signature phrase. You don't have to agree with it, nor understand it. But you do have to accept that it exists. Being shocked by this indicates many things, not the least of which is that you are new to the club. Taking your young children into an atmosphere rife with emotion is a valuable learning experience. I hope you got the message. Your tangent of fans stealing from your children is victim thinking. Would you blame the sun if your children came home from a day at the beach badly burned, or would you accept the responsibility for not lathering them in sunscreen?

We can't fully understand the depth of the hatred of factions in the world that would wish death upon us. But we get a glimpse of it; just a small window, mind you, when we observe rivalries attached to our national pasttime. The Red Sox/Yankees feud isn't just some silly sports thing, as the gals in the Oprah circle would have you believe. It is the mother of all baseball rivalries. Stepping into that arena, it is YOU who must make the adjustments, not them. Instead of handing out leaflets, try sweat lodges and controlled anger seminars. You are robbing your kids of their chance to observe masculine energy, which you are supposed to provide. Playing up the victim is so very feminine. This is major league baseball, for cripes sake. The day the Sox and Yanks gather around the mound for a group hug session to the strains of Kumbaya will be the day that baseball died. The count on you is no balls and two strikes, Al. Swing batta !

RedSox24
05-31-2004, 01:26 PM
come on guys you scared albert away, dont worry albert they are only giving you some constructive critisicm

Old Hoss
05-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Albert, stay off of my porch with those fliers and take your kids to Animal Kingdom to watch the Lions and Tigers fuck their brains out. They're going to have to learn about that someday too. :wub:

I LOVE WOMENS VOLLEYBALL
06-01-2004, 09:42 PM
holy shit people i was just kidding im a 16 year old from boston, y the hell did u guys believe me??

CalvnHobs6
06-01-2004, 09:44 PM
It was a funny argument to watch anyway. Welcome to the site.

yeszir
06-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Hahahahahahahaha! THe "I LOVE WOMENS VOLLEYBALL" username was a dead giveaway. Man, this is funny.

Old Hoss
06-01-2004, 11:26 PM
That was fun, wasn't it? Uhhhhhhh, stay off my porch anyway. ;)

bradyspatriotsprincess
06-07-2004, 05:02 PM
hahaa....don't let your kids turn on the tv either then, unless Barney is on.