PDA

View Full Version : The official get crespo off the roster thread

yagmaster
05-02-2004, 09:41 PM
He's done nothing but kill ralies.

RoyNHSox
05-02-2004, 09:56 PM
The clock is ticking for Crespo. For when Nomar returns from the DL he's going to be dispatched to Pawtucket, where he rightfully belongs. Maybe there he can get enough AB's to get his bat hot, kind of like it was in Spring Training. He's nothing more than a AAA player and his weaknesses are more than evident.

Zenny
05-03-2004, 05:59 AM
As soon as I saw Crespo step up to the plate last night, I wanted to cry. I was screaming at my TV, "Don't swing at anything! He's all over the place and if you make contact, you're a guaranteed out!" Well, I was right. Crespo didn't have any patience, he swung at the second pitch and he made the final out. He's going to be here for another month or so, but at least the line-up will be a little better when Trot comes back next week. I miss my boy Trot.

dirtdogman5
05-03-2004, 06:09 AM
How many times this year have we seen him make really solid contact and it looks like he got all of it, but he really only lofted the ball to CF? Personally, I'm tired of seeing him anywhere near a piece of lumber. Unfortunately we're gonna have to wait for his disapearance until Nomar get back because we have no other good middle infielder in the minors and we're not trading for anyone. Damn, does anyone still wish we had Womack or Shumpert?

CalvnHobs6
05-03-2004, 02:35 PM
My problem isn't that we have Crespo (thought I don't think he should be on the roster). My problem is that that at-bat was SUPPOSED to be McCarty's. Dave pinch hit earlier, got on base, and then was run for. NOT SMART. Keep McCarty in, because that was supposed to be his at-bat, and he may actually have gotten a hit.

dirtdogman5
05-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by CalvnHobs6@May 3 2004, 02:35 PM
My problem isn't that we have Crespo (thought I don't think he should be on the roster). My problem is that that at-bat was SUPPOSED to be McCarty's. Dave pinch hit earlier, got on base, and then was run for. NOT SMART. Keep McCarty in, because that was supposed to be his at-bat, and he may actually have gotten a hit.
McCarty was pinch-ran for because he had hit for Pokey, and Crespo would've come in to play SS anyway because McCarty can't play SS.

yawkeyway
05-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by dirtdogman5+May 3 2004, 03:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtdogman5 @ May 3 2004, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CalvnHobs6@May 3 2004, 02:35 PM
My problem isn&#39;t that we have Crespo (thought I don&#39;t think he should be on the roster). My problem is that that at-bat was SUPPOSED to be McCarty&#39;s. Dave pinch hit earlier, got on base, and then was run for. NOT SMART. Keep McCarty in, because that was supposed to be his at-bat, and he may actually have gotten a hit.
McCarty was pinch-ran for because he had hit for Pokey, and Crespo would&#39;ve come in to play SS anyway because McCarty can&#39;t play SS. [/b][/quote]
Right. That&#39;s the reasoning behind the move. Although, Mr. Versatile McCarty can do pretty much anything. It&#39;d be painful to watch him play SS though, thats for sure.

And I hate Crespo as much as the next guy, but sometimes it is necessary to have him bat. However horrible it is to watch. Just remember this: at least we dont have Jose Offerman or Darren Oliver anymore.

roary
05-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Crespo&#39;s on base percentage over the last 3 years is .285. He&#39;s hit .196. Really, anything is better than him at this point.

In his career with the bases loaded (6 at bats) he has no hits and 4 strikeouts. He&#39;s the biggest choke artist of all time. Actually, I take that back. He isnt good enough to joke. Anything thrown his way is an automatic out. Teams should just pitch it right down the middle. Or maybe they should intentionally walk him, as that would almost surely result in an out (somehow).

This guy has 7 hits all season in 43 at bats&#33; One for extra bases&#33; He&#39;s a double A player at best.