PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

KnightsWT
04-02-2004, 11:35 PM
I'm glad I stopped by here before any trolls jumped on board! I have been going to RedSox.com for awhile and been noticing lately that its been flooded with "trash talking" Yankees fans and I'm rather disgusted by the younger posters on the board as well. I love talking Sox baseball with anyone who will listen and enjoy discussions with mature and knowledgeable fans. I have faith that that is the case here.
I consider myself a diehard Red Sox fan and will never give up on our guys. I follow them all year and look foward to opening day as much as any true fan. I also like to take time to post sometimes humorous and intelligent posts. I tend to see a show on television or talk to someone in person about the Sox and relate those stories to you. If I can make you smile, laugh, or just think I feel I have done a service to us all.
I have been thinking lately of what will happen after Sunday April 4, 2004 8:05 EST. I have been thinking; will it all begin right there at Camden Yards? Will this, dare I say, be the year? We all dream about it. We all pray for it. We all dream about it in our own bizarre way. We have our rituals and superstitions that burden us all like an anchor around our necks. But I have a feeling...yeah I know, we all have that feeling at the beginning of the year, but something about this team gives me hope. This team is hungry. They are unified for a common goal to achieve the ultimate prize. I have watched a lot of players being interviewed and they all say the same thing, "we want to bring a championship to Boston." If they said "I want to bring a championship to Boston", I would be disheartened, but they use the word "WE" and I like that. That one word "WE" gives me all the hope in the world that these guys are a team destined to fulfill not only there dream, but ours as well.

Excelsior

yeszir
04-02-2004, 11:37 PM
:D :D :D :D
Great post man. Welcome to the site, I hope you'll enjoy it here. We're doing our best to keep it troll free!

dirtdogman5
04-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Yup. Great post. Welcome aboard.

roary
04-03-2004, 02:04 PM
that post was inspiring. Welcome from a fellow newbie!

dirtdogman5
04-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by roary@Apr 3 2004, 02:04 PM
that post was inspiring. Welcome from a fellow newbie!
We're all newbies . :D

yeszir
04-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by dirtdogman5+Apr 3 2004, 02:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtdogman5 @ Apr 3 2004, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-roary@Apr 3 2004, 02:04 PM
that post was inspiring. Welcome from a fellow newbie&#33;
We&#39;re all newbies . :D [/b][/quote]
stfu newbie&#33; :P

CalvnHobs6
04-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Glad to see another Sox fan with heart, looking forward to your comments.