PDA

View Full Version : i want in

ahhchon
01-20-2005, 09:18 PM
because i study so much i always forget to join.. if anyone wants to give up their spot i would love to take on any team.

also, i would like to suggest that sox fans get senority over yankee fans to become GM's.

john

badbeanies
01-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Maybe they should since its a BoSox site but then again, you can't kick out a gm who's built up a nice team just to stick someone else in.
(A team will prob open up soon)

element1151
01-20-2005, 09:30 PM
It will be great to have you in the league. There are a lot of so-so, non-commited GM's running about, im sure you could take one of their teams.

Yanksin2010
01-20-2005, 10:03 PM
because i study so much i always forget to join.. if anyone wants to give up their spot i would love to take on any team.

also, i would like to suggest that sox fans get senority over yankee fans to become GM's.

john
Haha, good luck , all I can say after reading some of these threads here.

elsrbueno
01-21-2005, 08:01 AM

john

it's about time John.

I'll welcome you to this league as my assistant GM if no teams open up.

ang2124
01-21-2005, 10:00 AM
assitant Gm i like the sound of that, just make sure no color in his sig lol

yeszir
01-21-2005, 02:15 PM
assitant Gm i like the sound of that, just make sure no color in his sig lol

You're allowed to have color in your sig.

ahhchon
01-21-2005, 02:30 PM
thanks for the support. i've never played in a simm leauge, just fantasy. assistant GM wouldn't be too bad. i do have a decent amount of studies and some of my free time is spent here, i don't mind putting half of it in the the simm leauge.

john

elsrbueno
01-21-2005, 03:59 PM
thanks for the support. i've never played in a simm leauge, just fantasy. assistant GM wouldn't be too bad. i do have a decent amount of studies and some of my free time is spent here, i don't mind putting half of it in the the simm leauge.
john

John,
We seemingly have a pretty good group of GMs right now. I can't really see anyone getting kicked out so unless someone quits.... we're officially full.

I think the Assistant GM thing could really work out well and here's why:

If an experienced member of this league works closely with new GMs, he can report to the admins when an opening arises on how he feels that person would do in a solo GM job. It also might help some less experienced people learn from people who know what they're doing. I don't claim to be an expert, and this is my only sim league, but there are some other folks who do this a lot more than I do.

I would enjoy bouncing ideas off of another person (hell, I often confer with a few other GMs in this league on trade ideas), and if 2 minds help make decisions on specific trades, it would help prevent lopsided deals.

Plus, we could get more people involved in the fun (because that's what this league is supposed to be, remember) without expansion, which I am strongly opposed to.

John-- I stand by my offer to make you my official assistant GM in this league if you're interested.

stocker323
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
I totally agree, assistant GM's for those GM's who want one would be great. The only negative would be the possibility of a power struggle (very likely in this league). Asst. GM's can also post lineups, when certain GM's are on vacation and such.

Yanks in 05
01-21-2005, 05:05 PM
I suggest that we assign an assistant to the lesser talented gms. Like no offense els you dont need one, your a great manager.

elsrbueno
01-21-2005, 06:11 PM
I suggest that we assign an assistant to the lesser talented gms. Like no offense els you dont need one, your a great manager.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm fine with assigning GMs who may need one more than I do, BUT:

Telling someone they need an assistant GM is sort of an insult.
Some folks WILL have problems sharing GM duties with others.

I'm all for it if someone else wants an assistant more than I do. I just thought I'd volunteer to get someone in on the game.

Soxfan#1
01-21-2005, 09:54 PM
I think jon should be allowed in he's a veteran poster and very smart in some sox matters. Maybe we should get rid of one of the new gm's ang invited since we have been having problems. The only reason I would not let jon in would be his argumentive style which we have also have been having problems with lately but he can fix that.

Soxfan#1
01-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Also expansion could be a possiblity.

Chitalian Stallion
01-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I like the Assistant GM idea, especially the way elsrbueno explained it. Just make a poll or whatever and ask all the GMs if they're up to it and then give the ones who are assistants. This way it would put pressure on GMs to stay active because there would be at least one other candidate for the job (depending on the GMs opinion of the assistant) waiting for an opportunity.

yeszir
01-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Also expansion could be a possiblity.
No, its not. The league is done expanding. If anything is in the future, it's contraction.

ahhchon
01-22-2005, 01:02 AM
John-- I stand by my offer to make you my official assistant GM in this league if you're interested.

e-mail: ahhchon@yahoo.com
aim s/n: ahhchon

i'm usually never online, m-th i'm at school 8-9 or 10. friday is 10:30-8 or 9. saturday i study all day, sunday i study all day. :D

john

ahhchon
01-22-2005, 01:05 AM
I think jon should be allowed in he's a veteran poster and very smart in some sox matters. Maybe we should get rid of one of the new gm's ang invited since we have been having problems. The only reason I would not let jon in would be his argumentive style which we have also have been having problems with lately but he can fix that.

why don't you learn to get my name right before you jump to conclusions on my character :harhar:

JUST KIDDING. seriously though, it's john. i was kidding about the other stuff.

if you guys want me in, that's great, but not at the expense of kicking other people out of the leauge. when i suggested that sox fans should recieve senority i did not mean for this season. i ment the next simm season. again, it was just a suggestion.

as of now i think i'm EB's assistant GM, which i am perfectly fine with since i am new to simm leauges and would like to become experienced before i jump into it.

thanks again guys.

els, hit me up whenever so you can fill me in on what really goes on. i'll do some reading up tomorrow on my lunch break (from studying).

john

Soxfan#1
01-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry john I just remembered a funny thread where somebody spelled your name wrong. Well anyway if the GM is uncapable of doing his duties the assistant gm gets promoted.

mtac288
01-23-2005, 04:40 PM

i assign you to shut the fuck up you fag