PDA

View Full Version : Skydome no more

stocker323
02-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Corporate business strikes down yet another stadium, as the Skydome has been renamed the Rogers Centre.

BoSox Rule
02-02-2005, 05:24 PM
What a gay name. This isn't hockey you stupid canucks.

I mean, what the hell is this all aboot? You'd think they could at least spell CENTER right. CENTRE? Dumb CanadiEns, eh?

BigPapiEnFuego
02-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I like Rogers Centre better then the Skydome. Skydome sounded too freakin cliche like the mertodome, thunderdome, King Dome etc.

yeszir
02-02-2005, 05:46 PM
They spelled centre wrong, the fools!

At least Rogers sounds normal. Its not like petco park or something blatantly commercial. I, for example, have no idea what Rogers means. I initially thought you meant that they were tearing it down in favor of a less sterile stadium.

BigPapiEnFuego
02-02-2005, 06:12 PM
same here, i thought they were maing a new stadium or something. Rogers is the name of the Cable company from Toronto, from what i know.

YanksHater213
02-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah, this thread title confused me more than that crazy ass Biology shit we had to do today...

Sox fan in Tex
02-04-2005, 06:43 PM
It's so dumb to change the name for corporate business unless it's a decent sounding name. In Arlington where the Rangers play the ballpark used to be named "The Ballpark in Arlington" which sounds perfectly fine. Then b/c it's all about the $$$ came the changing of the name to "Ameriquest Field." Bull**** I tell you! Bull****!

Noah
02-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Rogers Communiactions is the telephone company up in Canada.

gosox613
02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
It's so dumb to change the name for corporate business unless it's a decent sounding name. In Arlington where the Rangers play the ballpark used to be named "The Ballpark in Arlington" which sounds perfectly fine. Then b/c it's all about the $$$ came the changing of the name to "Ameriquest Field." Bull**** I tell you! Bull****!

WHAT!?!?! i have always thought that the ballpark in arlington is the crappiest name ever for a park, thats like saying "the ballpark in boston" how bad does that sound!?!?