PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with people

ahhchon
02-12-2005, 12:20 AM
why is vick in the pro bowl?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Passing&conference=NFC&year=season_2004&timeframe=All&qualified=1&sort=49&old_category=Passing

god damnit.

farve, delhomme, bulger and even testeverde should have gotten the nod over him.. oh man, i can't wait till his legs are done and people will finally see that he is nothing but an average qb.

john

stocker323
02-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Well I wouldn't go as far as saying Testaverde deserved it over Vick, but I do think he is overrated right now as a pure quarterback. If a team can shut him down in his running game like Philly did, and force him to pass the ball then Vick will be exposed. I do expect Vick to improve his passing game in the next couple of years and he will become an elite quarterback.

RedSoxRooter
02-12-2005, 12:28 AM
But so long as he has those legs, he is not average. And the hope is that he'll become a better QB once he's seasoned and will not rely on his legs so much.

I love watching him play. He's like a 23 year old Pedro but for football.

element1151
02-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Haha, even Hasselbeck (Seattle had horrible receivers) and Brooks (On my fantasy team, got annoyed so many times!) had better ratings then Vick.

Daunte Culpepper 110.9
Donovan McNabb 104.7
Brian Griese 97.5
Marc Bulger 93.7
Brett Favre 92.4
Jake Delhomme 87.3
Kurt Warner 86.5
Matt Hasselbeck 83.1
Aaron Brooks 79.5
Tim Rattay 78.1
Michael Vick 78.1

Wow

ahhchon
02-12-2005, 03:51 AM
But so long as he has those legs, he is not average. And the hope is that he'll become a better QB once he's seasoned and will not rely on his legs so much.

I love watching him play. He's like a 23 year old Pedro but for football.

it is the legs that make him SLIGHTLY above average. add his rushing and passing yards together and he still does not break 3350 total yards. don't forget he had more fumbles than anyone and is tied for most fumble losses with kyle boller. he threw a whopping 14 td's. that's 6 less than brian greise who started 4 less games. don't tell me that he rushes for a lot of td's. he ran for 3. giving this qb a total of 17 touchdowns..

vick will NEVER become an eliete qb. i don't see it happening. he loves to show off and run, hence all his fumbles. his body can only take so much and his legs will only last so long.

like i said before, he's the next kordell stewart.

john

YanksHater213
02-12-2005, 06:44 AM
I am with Stocker, he will become a much better QB in the years to come. What a lot of you forget is that he is still very young, and still has time to learn many things to become even better.

Soxfan#1
02-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I can't say micheal vick is a bad quarterback. The falcons are nothing without him. Of ahhchons list none of those can compare to to vick except bulger. I don't know much about football but I believe farve was injured or something like that.

YanksHater213
02-12-2005, 06:04 PM
You kidding? Jake Delhomme threw for 32 TDs and 17 INTs, with over 3200 yards... and thats off the top of my head.

Soxfan#1
02-12-2005, 10:15 PM
I also like watching vick play. And were the panthers in the playoffs? No the falsons were and they were the only decent team over in the crap shoot league beside the eagles.

YanksHater213
02-13-2005, 06:26 AM
If Michael Vick wants to run, let him run, as a running back. If hes not good at throwing the ball, don't let him be a quarterback. There is no sense in having a QB who cannot throw a decent pass for shit. Yeah, hes exciting, but will he ever be one of the elite QBs in the NFL? No.

ahhchon
02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I also like watching vick play. And were the panthers in the playoffs? No the falsons were and they were the only decent team over in the crap shoot league beside the eagles.

the pro bowl is a selection based on statistics. not where the team ends up. kevin faulk was in the superbowl and helped his team get there, does that mean he should start at fullback for the afc team? of course not.

vick was voted in because of his hype.

john

Zenny
02-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I can't say micheal vick is a bad quarterback. The falcons are nothing without him.
Patrick Kerney, Keith Brooking, Warrick Dunn, Alge Crumpler and numerous others say "hi".

Of ahhchons list none of those can compare to to vick except bulger. I don't know much about football but I believe farve was injured or something like that.
Favre had a monster year, touchdowns wise (when you've got a receiving core like Walker, Driver and Furgueson, I can understand why), but he got picked an assload.