PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so who skis?

yeszir
02-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I try to ski a bunch, but no one ever really wants to go. I get out may 1-2 times a year on the east coast, and once for a week on the west coast. Nothing can really compare to Utah skiing though. :(

yankeessuck013
02-13-2005, 12:35 PM
I try to ski a bunch, but no one ever really wants to go. I get out may 1-2 times a year on the east coast, and once for a week on the west coast. Nothing can really compare to Utah skiing though. :(

I Snowboard, like 1-4 times per month, I go out to colorado twice per year to board (aspen, steamboat, glenview springs).

anyone ever try alpine sliding, thats fun shitbut hurts like a bitch when you fall off.

Soxfan#1
02-13-2005, 03:04 PM
I snowboard. It's my first year snowboarding. I go to wachusetts. i might try sking next winter.

Sox fan in Tex
02-13-2005, 06:58 PM
The only kind of snowboarding I know is sand snowboarding ;) :

http://www.browndogdaily.com/Namibia/Images/Swakopmund/images/01%20Dune%20Hiking_jpg.jpg

yeszir
02-13-2005, 07:01 PM
The only kind of snowboarding I know is sand snowboarding ;) :

Reason number 49 why Texas isn't as great as you all say it is. :harhar:

elsrbueno
02-14-2005, 10:15 AM
That sand snowboarding looks painful.

I snowboard as well, in Vermont since that's where I live. This past weekend was incredible conditions..... although it's supposed to rain today and ruin all of our fun.

Sunday morning, 8:00 am on the slopes we had straight-out-of-a-Warren-Miller-movie powder. No kidding.

schillingouttheks
02-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Well first of all, it may have felt like I fell of the face of the earth but I haven't...just had really a lot of time to check this out in awhile.

Anyway, I ski too. My family has a condo up on Loon Mountain in Lincoln, NH so I get up there just about every weekend in the winter :). That place is pretty badass. If you can get up there for a weekend you should, the skiing is always pretty good if not excellent. They made a few changes, if any of you have been there before, that really slow triple chair (the North Peak Chair) which takes you all the way to the tippy-top was taken out and a high-speed quad was put in so it took out half the ride and you get up in like 3 minutes. It rocks.

yeszir
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Calvnhobs and I are off on a mini ski trip of our own next weekend, we're probably gonna hit Mount Snow, then overnight somewhere, then go on to Killington the next day. Just for the hell of it, I'm gonna list all the places I've ever skied:
-Deer Valley, Utah
-Snowbasin, Utah
-Wachusett, Massachusetts
-Loon, New Hampshire
-Sunday River, Maine
-Mount Sunapee, New Hampshire
-Stowe, Vermont
-Nashoba Valley (wahoo), Massachusetts

elsrbueno
02-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Calvnhobs and I are off on a mini ski trip of our own next weekend, we're probably gonna hit Mount Snow, then overnight somewhere, then go on to Killington the next day. Just for the hell of it, I'm gonna list all the places I've ever skied:
-Deer Valley, Utah
-Snowbasin, Utah
-Wachusett, Massachusetts
-Loon, New Hampshire
-Sunday River, Maine
-Mount Sunapee, New Hampshire
-Stowe, Vermont
-Nashoba Valley (wahoo), Massachusetts

Killington's a lot like Stowe-- only bigger. wide trails, lots of people, fast lifts.
Mount Snow's nice. Been there once.

I do most of my snowboarding at Smuggler's Notch (a good 2.5/3 hours north of Killington). Lifts are a lot slower, and the trails are a lot narrower....and there are fewer people because it's a lot smaller than Stowe or Killington.

yeszir
02-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I've also been recommended Burke. It's in northeastern Vermont, and it is supposedly a throwback to the olden days, a la Mad River Glen. Sounds interesting, but its a bit too far for me right now.

Sox fan in Tex
02-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Reason number 49 why Texas isn't as great as you all say it is.

Hey yeszir.... it's about 80 degrees outside right now this afternoon.... I hope your enjoying the freezing weather where you are!! BWAHAHAHAHAH! http://www.talksox.com/forum/images/smilies/harhar.gif

stocker323
02-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey yeszir.... it's about 80 degrees outside right now this afternoon.... I hope your enjoying the freezing weather where you are!! BWAHAHAHAHAH! http://www.talksox.com/forum/images/smilies/harhar.gif

It's actually quite pleasant today in the Boston area. Mid 50s right now.

yeszir
02-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Yea, its actually mid 50's right now, and I prefer the cold to tell you the truth. So I guess the joke's on you. :dunno:

edit: stocker beat me to it.

schillingouttheks
02-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah, if I lived in the hot weather all year I may go nuts. The cold weather kicks ass...at least we can have snowball fights.

C'mon, you know you'd love to have snow.

Sox fan in Tex
02-15-2005, 09:22 PM
C'mon, you know you'd love to have snow.

I enjoy it when it snows (like when I was in Cincinnati this Christmas and saw a lot of snow), but southerners and northerners have completely different thoughts on weather. To you 50 degrees is nice out.... to me that's rather cold.

ahhchon
02-15-2005, 09:30 PM
for skiing? go up to jays peak. the mountain is yours during the week. during the weekends it's slightly busy.

killington is a great time

mt snow blows. it's like the coldest damn mountain on the east coast. i refuse to go there ever again.

sugarloaf is great

wachusett isn't too terrible, it's local. but there are way too many kids there. can't stand it.

john

yeszir
02-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Change of plans, now we're thinking about going to Stratton and Okemo, rather than Mt. Snow and Killington.

DOrtiz4prez
02-18-2005, 11:14 PM
I haven't been to Okemo but my brother has and he said it was good.

yeszir
02-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Plans changed again, it'll be Killington for two days I guess. Y'all are gonna have to live without me and calvnhobs until Tuesday night. :(

CalvnHobs6
02-20-2005, 11:46 AM
If you guys only knew how much planning went into choosing Killington for 2 days...ugh. It'll be good though.